Windows 10: Free up hard disk space Windows 7/10?

Discus and support Free up hard disk space Windows 7/10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I was just about to back up the data from my flash drive to the hard drive. There is 26 GB of free disk space missing. I just deleted it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by uweuwe63, Jul 14, 2020.

1. uweuwe63 Win User

Free up hard disk space Windows 7/10?

Hello,

I was just about to back up the data from my flash drive to the hard drive.

There is 26 GB of free disk space missing.

I just deleted it. A lot more.

But now there is still 26 GB of storage space missing.

What can I do?

Thanks!

:)

uweuwe63, Jul 14, 2020

2. Freeing up space on hard drive

Windows 7 has a nasty problem of eating up all disk space in the following two folders:

• C:\Windows\Logs\CBS
    • C:\Windows\Temp
    You can delete the contents of both directories without impact. Some files will not be able to be deleted because they are in use. You can skip those, and should not try to delete them.

Additionally, there are many common methods that you can try to free up hard drive space on your Windows 7.

Otherwise reading:

What's Taking up Space on My Hard Drive and How to Free up Space

PeterPeng3, Jul 14, 2020
  3. How to Free Up Disk Space in Windows 10

Hello,

There are factors to consider should you are running low on disk space in Windows 10. One reason is the
    temporary internet files being saved on your hard drive. We suggest
    performing a disk clean up to help you free some hard drive space. To do this, simply follow the steps in this

article

Regards.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Free up hard disk space Windows 7/10?

last free disk space after defrag in windows 10had

HI Joshua,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about free storage space after performing disk defragmentation and disk clean. Do not worry, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that the disk defragmentation might have taken up hard drive space if there are errors on the drive.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to scan for the shadow storage created on your device as this might be consuming the free storage space.

Follow:

• Log-in as an administrator.
    • Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Type vssadmin list shadowstorage into the command prompt

• The results should tell you the amount of storage used and the maximum amount allotted.

• Type vssadmin Resize ShadowStorage /For=[your hard disk]: /On=[your hard disk]: /MaxSize=[how much space you want to allocate]

• You should get a message saying successfully resized the shadow copy storage association, and you should have more free space on your hard drive.

You may run a scan disk command to remove the bad sectors from the hard drive and then run disk cleanup and check if it works.

Step 2: I suggest you to
    Run check disk (chkdsk)
    and check if it helps.

Chkdsk: The
    Chkdsk (Check Disc) scan will try to identify and repair bad sectors found on the hard drive. Any data present on these sectors might be lost in the process. The computer can also go into a no boot state. Proceed at your own risk.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

chkdsk /f
    • You may be asked whether to schedule this volume to be checked next time when you restarts (Y/N).
    • Press Y key on the keyboard and press
      Enter key.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Free up hard disk space Windows 7/10?

1. Free up hard disk space Windows 7/10? - Similar Threads - Free hard disk

2. how to free up disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to free up disk space: how to free up disc space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-free-up-disk-space/85f569b4-cb7f-479a-ac1e-b07e10b7ce40
  3. Need to Free Up Disk Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to Free Up Disk Space: I am trying to free up disk space. Can I delete a Users folder titled TEMP? ie This PC\Local Disk C \Users\TEMP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-free-up-disk-space/5f142a07-7eab-4562-bfd1-5fa82e4e26e8
  4. Free up disk space prompt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Free up disk space prompt: Hello I have got a doubt regarding this free up space prompt saying we can't update your device because of low disk space. I want to know that if I go through this prompt and select downloads folder and delete a file by pressing right click delete will the file go to recycle...
  5. Disk Cleanup to Free up disk space in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup to Free up disk space in Windows 10: This instruction helps you clean up temporary and unnecessary system files on your Windows to free up space Step 1: Open disk clean up with Clean up system file enabled Step 2: Clean up System Restore and Shadow Copies Step 3: Clean up Temporary files Step 4: Check for...
  6. Disk Cleanup to Free up disk space in Windows 10

Disk Cleanup to Free up disk space in Windows 10: This instruction helps you clean up temporary and unnecessary system files on your Windows to free up space From the original post here: https://huntertran.com/2020/11/23/disk-cleanup-to-free-disk-space/ Step 1: Open disk clean up with Clean up system file enabled Type...
  7. Disk space isn’t freeing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk space isn’t freeing up: Ive had low disc space for two years now but i never got around to fixing it for some reason.I have been trying nonstop to free up disk space ive used disk cleanup ive tried to merge the disks but nothing works please please help i would appreciate it...
  8. Freeing up space on hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Freeing up space on hard drive.: Hi , I need too free up space on my hard drive. Seems other users account for 154 gb I have no other users. In manage my account it only gives me the option to add family friends. How do I delete the other users and free up space? Any help will be appreciated ta...
  9. Freeing up Disk Space??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freeing up Disk Space??: My computer is almost new with almost no programs added. I've also gone through and deleted some unwanted programs. Yet it won't let me add anything new because it says I don't have enough disk space. My sister thinks I may have a virus but I can't even install anti-virus...
  10. disk storage: freeing up space

disk storage: freeing up space: Microsoft: In the change how free up space automatically, I had 3.08 GB of space freed up. But it dropped down to 3.06 GB. I managed to free up space and it went up to 3.07 but now, it dropped down to 2.73 GB. What happened there? Is it a bug or is that normal or what is...