Windows 10: Free Up RAM From Background Tasks

Discus and support Free Up RAM From Background Tasks in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 32 bit on my PC with just 2 GB RAM and many background tasks like Windows Defender Services, Cortana and dozens of other tasks are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MyiDevice, Dec 7, 2018.

1. MyiDevice Win User

Free Up RAM From Background Tasks

I'm using Windows 10 32 bit on my PC with just 2 GB RAM and many background tasks like Windows Defender Services, Cortana and dozens of other tasks are always running in the background. My question is that "Will ending these Background Tasks enhance the performance of my PC upto some extent? And also, Microsoft Edge automatically starts on Windows Startup and I don't want it to run in the background! How do I disable it?

:)

MyiDevice, Dec 7, 2018

2. Background tasks no-longer running

So I've now got my background tasks working again with the help of people at the WPCentral forum. They advised that I uninstall apps that can use background tasks, whether those tasks are enabled or not. The theory is that Windows Phone has some kind of
    issue with there being too many apps installed that register the use of background tasks and that disabling the background tasks does not help.

So here's what I did:

• Go to settings --> swipe left --> background tasks --> advanced.
    • Make a list of all of the apps installed that can run background tasks.
    • Uninstall as many of those apps as possible. In my case, I had quite a few apps that I actually rarely use.
    • Restart the phone.
    That's it. The background tasks for the apps I actually want to be able to run then just started running again. One person in the thread suggested you can also work around the problem by careful configuration of each app to disable background operations
    you don't actually want, without having to uninstall them.

For more detail you can see the WPCentral forum thread here:
    http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-8/240483-background-tasks-no-longer-running.html

Benjamin Brereton, Dec 7, 2018
  3. beaconray Win User
    Background tasks

I am using nokia lumia 800.

No background tasks, only home screen, seen when press and hold "Back" arrow.

Then i go into settings > applications, tap "background tasks", tap "advanced"...shows a list of apps.

Question: Are there background tasks actively running?

beaconray, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Free Up RAM From Background Tasks

Windows 10 Task menu background transparency

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Apologize for delay in reply.

As a workaround, I suggest you to change the desktop background/ remove the desktop background and check.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Free Up RAM From Background Tasks

1. Free Up RAM From Background Tasks - Similar Threads - Free RAM Background

2. Prevent Windows from unloading background windows from RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent Windows from unloading background windows from RAM: Hello, I have the following issue, not sure how otherwise I should name the title. The follow behavior happens on mostly any device I own, but mostly I am using my laptop as a reference. It has 16GB of RAM. Following scenario: If I have lots of "small" windows open, for...
  3. free up space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    free up space: As expected, my brand new laptop came pre loaded with a bunch of system programs/apps games ect. I have only done online browsing and only downloaded a word document. Besides the fact that I got this laptop for work and need to download some apps to keep me organized, the...
  4. Background prosess "Task Manager"??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Background prosess "Task Manager"??: How do I know that my windows do not have some processes in the background that in the end do not build up some bad programs that will end the life of my Hp comuter??...
  5. Cortana Background Task Host - What is it? Why does it use so much RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Background Task Host - What is it? Why does it use so much RAM: When I initially start up my computer, Cortana Background Task Host is hogging a lot of RAM and it last for a few minutes, but eventually goes away. I've tried looking for info on what this is/does specifically but am coming up empty. Anyone have more information?...
  6. Find "Wake up from sleep" Scheduled Tasks

Find "Wake up from sleep" Scheduled Tasks: Other than going through each and every task in the task scheduler, is there a way to see those that are allowed to wake the machine while it is sleeping? My PC woke up this morning at 3:30 am. It then went back to sleep about ten minutes later. I've checked all of the normal...
  7. What is Background Task Host?

What is Background Task Host?: Cortana is Windows 10 user's personal assistant. To interact with Cortana, one must communicate via audio or the visual graphical User Interface. Application Name praid:CortanaUI
  8. task host window is stopping background tasks

task host window is stopping background tasks: This warning has become an issue after two of the last three windows updates stopping restarts and shutdowns. We have tried the many steps outlined via google search as well as: Control panel Administrative Tools Task Scheduler open Left side Select Task schedule...
  9. Task Host Window stopping background tasks

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Host Window stopping background tasks: It means that a process is hung up and Windows has killed it. Sounds like your video editor is the problem. I think your right. I contacted my IT service and they told me the graphics card needed updating. I thought that fixed the problem but later today Premiere began to...
  10. Task manager and RAM speeds

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager and RAM speeds: Hello, I have recently installed new RAm (Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866 mhz). In Task Manger it's showing the ram speed as 1400. Bios is showing at 1866 and also in CPU Z. XMP is enabled. Any ideas? Is this a win 10 bug etc Thanks in advance 44013