Windows 10: Free Up RAM From Background Tasks

Discus and support Free Up RAM From Background Tasks in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 32 bit on my PC with just 2 GB RAM and many background tasks like Windows Defender Services, Cortana and dozens of other tasks are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MyiDevice, Dec 7, 2018.

1. MyiDevice Win User

Free Up RAM From Background Tasks

I'm using Windows 10 32 bit on my PC with just 2 GB RAM and many background tasks like Windows Defender Services, Cortana and dozens of other tasks are always running in the background. My question is that "Will ending these Background Tasks enhance the performance of my PC upto some extent? And also, Microsoft Edge automatically starts on Windows Startup and I don't want it to run in the background! How do I disable it?

:)

MyiDevice, Dec 7, 2018

2. Background tasks no-longer running

So I've now got my background tasks working again with the help of people at the WPCentral forum. They advised that I uninstall apps that can use background tasks, whether those tasks are enabled or not. The theory is that Windows Phone has some kind of
    issue with there being too many apps installed that register the use of background tasks and that disabling the background tasks does not help.

So here's what I did:

• Go to settings --> swipe left --> background tasks --> advanced.
    • Make a list of all of the apps installed that can run background tasks.
    • Uninstall as many of those apps as possible. In my case, I had quite a few apps that I actually rarely use.
    • Restart the phone.
    That's it. The background tasks for the apps I actually want to be able to run then just started running again. One person in the thread suggested you can also work around the problem by careful configuration of each app to disable background operations
    you don't actually want, without having to uninstall them.

For more detail you can see the WPCentral forum thread here:
    http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-8/240483-background-tasks-no-longer-running.html

Benjamin Brereton, Dec 7, 2018
  3. beaconray Win User
    Background tasks

I am using nokia lumia 800.

No background tasks, only home screen, seen when press and hold "Back" arrow.

Then i go into settings > applications, tap "background tasks", tap "advanced"...shows a list of apps.

Question: Are there background tasks actively running?

beaconray, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Free Up RAM From Background Tasks

Windows 10 Task menu background transparency

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Apologize for delay in reply.

As a workaround, I suggest you to change the desktop background/ remove the desktop background and check.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Free Up RAM From Background Tasks

1. Free Up RAM From Background Tasks - Similar Threads - Free RAM Background

2. Background tasks taking up big % of GPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background tasks taking up big % of GPU usage: I trying to see what was making my computer lag so I opened up task manager. When I did, I noticed that there were three applications using my gpu and they take up very big percentages. I've had it spike up to 15% at one time. I can't end the task and I don't know what these...
  3. How to free up RAM?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to free up RAM?: I just purchased a computer from Aaron’s and it was supposed to have 8GB of RAM but it’s detecting only 6GB it says 2GB has been used. How can I free it up? I need it for work. Thanks I’m advance!...
  4. How to free up RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to free up RAM?: I just purchased a computer from Aaron’s and it was supposed to have 8GB of RAM but it’s detecting only 6GB it says 2GB has been used. How can I free it up? I need it for work. Thanks I’m advance!...
  5. How to free up RAM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft Content Background Task Host using up to 10GB of RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Content Background Task Host using up to 10GB of RAM: Microsoft Content Background Task Host process starts on its own and hogs up all memory on the system. The process comes back after a few minutes even after killing it with the Task Manager. Help would be appreciated....
  7. Background tasks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background tasks: Trying to understand what I see in task manager. Everyone once on awhile a task called "Office" using Local Bridge, Runtime Broker, and Background Task Host. The icon is the red windows logo with a black background seems odd. Is this normal?...
  8. RAM in task manager not adding up properly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM in task manager not adding up properly?: As you can see in these images, the RAM I'm actually using is not adding up to the amount of RAM it says it is using in the performance tab? Is this normal, or should I be worried? submitted by /u/HurricaneSYG [link] [comments]...
  9. How to free RAM?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to free RAM?: Is there any windows proccesses that I can turn off to free up more RAM on my PC. When all programs (downloaded) are not started it uses abiyt 1.8GB RAM. How can I free it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-free-ram/9337e4b7-75aa-470d-8ee5-5bece3c0ff86
  10. Prevent Windows from unloading background windows from RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent Windows from unloading background windows from RAM: Hello, I have the following issue, not sure how otherwise I should name the title. The follow behavior happens on mostly any device I own, but mostly I am using my laptop as a reference. It has 16GB of RAM. Following scenario: If I have lots of "small" windows open, for...