Windows 10: "Free up space now" takes so long to clean.

Discus and support "Free up space now" takes so long to clean. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Justacoolkid123 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Justacoolkid123, Apr 14, 2021.

1. "Free up space now" takes so long to clean.

/u/Justacoolkid123, Apr 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Toothless Win User
    Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

"Free up space now" takes so long to clean.

clean possibly infected flash drives and CD-RWs

Your steps in post #1 should work for 99% of viruses that may be on a usb flash drive. However, there are a very few viruses that can infect the MBR of a drive. I would use Diskpart from a command prompt (Admin) to clean them. In the command prompt type DISKPART then, at the Diskpart prompt use the commands:

LIST DISKnote the disk number of the usb and use it in place of # in the command:SELECT DISK #
    CLEAN
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

After this you will have cleaned the partition table from the usb and created a partition using the whole of the the available space. You can then format this partition in File Explorer.

For a CD-RW, if you right-click on it in File Explorer there is an Erase option.

Thema:

"Free up space now" takes so long to clean.

1. "Free up space now" takes so long to clean. - Similar Threads - Free space takes

2. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is this taking so long: Why is this taking so long the update has been doing this for 2 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-taking-so-long/7fdd86a9-55ec-4c44-8262-d07abb8bcbfe
  3. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this taking so long: Why is this taking so long the update has been doing this for 2 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-taking-so-long/7fdd86a9-55ec-4c44-8262-d07abb8bcbfe
  4. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. free up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    free up space: I am constantly deleting files so that my drive can be in the blue not red with space. I am not sure what to remove to get it in the blue again. This happens a lot to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space/a15e3ad0-46ff-40cc-bd11-ce678cf07aac
  6. Update taking so long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update taking so long: I started the whole process like an hour ago and it’s at 18%. I need to get my school work done for today and i would really appreciate info of why it’s taking so long and if there’s anyway to make it faster. Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/iLovePotatoes__ [link]...
  7. Freeing up space in One Drive - how long does it take

Freeing up space in One Drive - how long does it take: I have all of my old laptop files on One Drive and just realized that One Drive had them synched to my new laptop including some huge videos i had taken on my phone and Yi camera. I right mouse clicked on the old laptop folder in the One Drive section and selected Free Up...
  8. Windows taking up free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taking up free space: I have downloaded gears 5 using game pass and deleted later. The game has been deleted but its still taking up space. When I checked, a folder 'MSIXVC', is take up nearly 85 GB. Kindly somebody find me a solution to free up space....
  9. Disk cleaning selection to free up space.

Disk cleaning selection to free up space.: Hello I need free space on my disk C: because now I only have 27 GB of free space. I would like to know if it is recommended to select "compress the operating system drive" in disk cleanup to free up space. Thanks in advance...
  10. how long does it take to free up space on Windows 10

how long does it take to free up space on Windows 10: I am following the freeing up space and I have been waiting tor 45 minutes and the blue bar does not seem to be progressing any further. Is there a problem?...