Windows 10: Free up space taken by Update files.

Discus and support Free up space taken by Update files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can i free up space taken by uninstalled update files?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rohit Sain, May 27, 2019.

1. Free up space taken by Update files.

How can i free up space taken by uninstalled update files?

:)

Rohit Sain, May 27, 2019

2. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, May 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Updates & Upgrades error: There wasn't enough space on my hard drive

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

Since you have a less amount of space in your hard disk, I suggest you to free up some disk space by running disk cleanup on your system.

Here are the steps:

• To delete temporary files:

• Search for Disk cleanup from the taskbar and select it from the list of results.

• Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.

• Select OK.

• If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.

• Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.

• Select OK.
    Once you perform the above steps, install the Windows updates manually and check.

Follow these steps:

1. Hit
    Windows Key and type

2. Type
    Windows Updates

3. Click on
    Windows Updates

4. Click on
    Check for updates and install the latest windows updates.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 27, 2019
  4. Free up space taken by Update files.

space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 27, 2019
Thema:

Free up space taken by Update files.

1. Free up space taken by Update files. - Similar Threads - Free space taken

2. Free Disk Space being taken up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free Disk Space being taken up: Hello, I recently got a new laptop with one terabyte of space, well, exactly 952 GB.I've installed all of my steam games, which were alot of gigabytes, but not too much, I only installed like 200 GB of steam games, and then, few weeks of just doing random stuff on my laptop,...
  3. Free Disk Space being taken up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free Disk Space being taken up: Hello, I recently got a new laptop with one terabyte of space, well, exactly 952 GB.I've installed all of my steam games, which were alot of gigabytes, but not too much, I only installed like 200 GB of steam games, and then, few weeks of just doing random stuff on my laptop,...
  4. Free Disk Space being taken up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. freeing up space and update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    freeing up space and update: How do I free up space and install the newest update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freeing-up-space-and-update/46872102-1c15-450d-b9ff-df3eb1d3ccab
  6. freeing up space and update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    freeing up space and update: How do I free up space and install the newest update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freeing-up-space-and-update/46872102-1c15-450d-b9ff-df3eb1d3ccab
  7. freeing up space and update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. free up space

free up space: I am constantly deleting files so that my drive can be in the blue not red with space. I am not sure what to remove to get it in the blue again. This happens a lot to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space/a15e3ad0-46ff-40cc-bd11-ce678cf07aac
  9. free up space

free up space: HOw do I transfer files from C drive to D drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space/3387af44-6d0c-46b2-af12-b325a86bdb5f
  10. back up files to free up space

back up files to free up space: My computer can't install updates because it doesn't have any space on C. I purchased a seagate back up drive but I'm not sure haow to move files to the new drive. I keep getting a message about xbox but I don't have that....