Windows 10: Free up space

Discus and support Free up space in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello i need help freeing up Space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space/8a552ae6-6227-4cc0-a12a-8c3eb30b9223 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Loganellis2, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Free up space

Hello i need help freeing up Space

:)

Loganellis2, Jul 30, 2020

2. How do i free up space?

Hi,

Most of the time space on the drive are consumed by temporary files, logs, and other data that your computer is using. You can remove these files to free up some memory. Please follow the steps below:

Delete temporary files:

• Type in Disk Cleanup on Search bar, and open it.
    • On the pop-up window, you will Files to delete. You can select files that you want to remove to free up space.
    • Click Ok.

If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.

• Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.

• Select OK.

Let us know if this resolves your concern.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Lemuel Cie, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    back up files to free up space

Hi JMSab,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. How much free space does the customer have on C:\ Drive?
    2. What is the complete error message about Xbox?
    3. Do the other partitions still have free space?

If you are running low disk space, you can use tools built into Windows 10 to clean up junk files, apps, and games you never use to optimize the space you already have, I suggest you to follow the article on

Free up drive space in Windows 10
    and
    How to Upgrade to the latest Windows 10 Feature Update on a Drive with Limited Space

To change or move the location of your User Folder follow the below steps.

1. Open File Explorer.
    2. Click Quick Access if it isn’t open.
    3. Select the user folder that you want to change to select it.
    4. Click the Home tab on the Ribbon. The Home tab is displayed.
    5. In the Open section, click Properties.
    6. In the Folder Properties window, click the Location tab.
    7. Click Move.
    8. Browse to the new location you want to use for this folder.
    9. Click Select Folder.
    10. Click OK. You’re asked to confirm that you want to move all files from the old location to the new location.
    11. Click Yes and wait for the files to be moved to the new location.
    12. Close File Explorer. The next time you start File Explorer, the user folder will appear in the new location.

I also suggest you to refer this video article on Low Disk Space, follow this article on

Windows 10: Tips to optimize memory on computer HDD/SSD (Low Disk Space)
    , and check if that helps.

Please reply for all the required information to help you further.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Free up space

Can't Free Up Storage OnHP Stream 11 Running Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to delete the temporary files and free up the storage space on Windows 10 Operating System, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10

Step 2: I suggest you to check the storage capacity of each of the drives in
    Windows Explorer.

• Press Windows key, type This PC, select it.
    • Right click on each of the drives and click on Properties.
    • Also, you can perform Disk Cleanup from the
      Step 2
      as well.
    • Select the files to be delete on each of the drives.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Free up space

1. Free up space - Similar Threads - Free space

2. OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space: Hi there,I am trying to sync a file about 10MB to my OneDrive but it's not working.The OneDrive app shows "Couldn't upload file" with "You don't have enough space for this file." even though it says "15.3GB used of 125 GB".If i click Sync issues above, the following message...
  3. OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space: Hi there,I am trying to sync a file about 10MB to my OneDrive but it's not working.The OneDrive app shows "Couldn't upload file" with "You don't have enough space for this file." even though it says "15.3GB used of 125 GB".If i click Sync issues above, the following message...
  4. Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files: Yesterday I started having issues moving files on my E: drive. I was moving and organizing files when I started getting the "There is not enough free space on _____." Sometimes the folder name would be the receiving folder and sometimes it would be the original...
  5. Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files

Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files: Yesterday I started having issues moving files on my E: drive. I was moving and organizing files when I started getting the "There is not enough free space on _____." Sometimes the folder name would be the receiving folder and sometimes it would be the original...
  6. How do I free up space to receive new emails?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I free up space to receive new emails?: My msn email account is too full to receive new emails. I have deleted and yet the emails are not going away but rather reappearing. This is an email that has been used for 20 years. Could you please help with troubleshoot ideas? Thank you very much....
  7. How do I free up space to receive new emails?

How do I free up space to receive new emails?: My msn email account is too full to receive new emails. I have deleted and yet the emails are not going away but rather reappearing. This is an email that has been used for 20 years. Could you please help with troubleshoot ideas? Thank you very much....
  8. My Local Disk is full and I am trying to free up space in settings but nothing is happening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Local Disk is full and I am trying to free up space in settings but nothing is happening: I am trying to download a big game but I cant because my local disk is full so I went to the storage setting in the settings app and when I check what category is taking up so much storage I see its Apps & Features, I take into account how much is taken up by it and when I go...
  9. My Local Disk is full and I am trying to free up space in settings but nothing is happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Local Disk is full and I am trying to free up space in settings but nothing is happening: I am trying to download a big game but I cant because my local disk is full so I went to the storage setting in the settings app and when I check what category is taking up so much storage I see its Apps & Features, I take into account how much is taken up by it and when I go...
  10. My Local Disk is full and I am trying to free up space in settings but nothing is happening