Windows 10: Free up storage space

Discus and support Free up storage space in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place, but I just wasn't sure where else to put this. My laptop has barely any storage space left, and that's because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nayzal, Mar 6, 2021.

1. /u/Nayzal Win User

Free up storage space

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place, but I just wasn't sure where else to put this.

My laptop has barely any storage space left, and that's because 174 gigabytes of it are being used by apps. The problem is, I don't have many apps with large sizes, I just have tons of apps with little storage usage. I'm finding it very hard to figure out which programs I can delete and which are important. It's all just sort of overwhelming, so I was wondering if there is any quick way to sort this out. I know it's a stretch, but I thought I would try just in case.

Any help is appreciated.

submitted by /u/Nayzal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nayzal, Mar 6, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Storage Space and Space Pooling in x32Win10ProV20H2

Thank you very much for your reply.

You don't show a screenshot, so I am uncertain to which part of the process of creating a storage space you are referring. I pointed you to the tutorials. I now provide you with a screenshot of part of one of them, which shows a warning which might be what you are referring to.

Free up storage space [​IMG]

Your question about double storage / redundancy appears to relate to the normal operation of storage spaces once configured, so seems obscure.

My impression is that few here have used storage spaces.

Note too the warning in
    Create a New Pool and Storage Space in Windows 10

dalchina, Mar 6, 2021
  3. gknorm Win User
    Storage Spaces Parity Repair?

Many thanks, muchomurka!

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, following your suggested procedure it appears the Storage Spaces parity error persists.

Free up storage space [​IMG]

Any other suggestions?

gknorm, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Free up storage space

I have an HP Stream Laptop and I keep running out of storage space

Hi Jay,

If a category can't show the folders that it contains, there is a possibility that the folders are somehow hidden. To maximize your PC's storage, follow the suggested steps in these links:

If further help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Free up storage space

1. Free up storage space - Similar Threads - Free storage space

2. How to free up the storage space under updates?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to free up the storage space under updates?: Trying to free up space. As you can see under the temporary files there is lots of gigabytes but I don't know how to get rid of them. I have Windows 10 installed and it's up to date. Waiting for the other temporary files to load and deleting them does not get rid of it....
  3. How to free up the storage space under updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to free up the storage space under updates?: Trying to free up space. As you can see under the temporary files there is lots of gigabytes but I don't know how to get rid of them. I have Windows 10 installed and it's up to date. Waiting for the other temporary files to load and deleting them does not get rid of it....
  4. How to free up the storage space under updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. free up space

free up space: I am constantly deleting files so that my drive can be in the blue not red with space. I am not sure what to remove to get it in the blue again. This happens a lot to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space/a15e3ad0-46ff-40cc-bd11-ce678cf07aac
  6. How can I free up storage space?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I free up storage space?: Hi, I am trying to free up some storage space, and when I view the properties of my users folder it says (after counting all the files for some seconds) that the size on disk is 202GB. When I go into the folder, adding up the size of each folder within the users folder gives...
  7. freeing storage usage of windows storage spaces

freeing storage usage of windows storage spaces: Hi there, I switched from winbtrfs to windows storage spaces. I have 4 drives for them and firstly attached 2 drives, copied data to it and then attached the other 2 drives and optimized the storage to equal the storage usage over the 4 drives. Unfortunately the blocks...
  8. Free storage space

Free storage space: I am having trouble clearing storage on my PC disk. My laptop has used 28.9 GB of 29 GB. I deleted apps and files. The use of storage on this laptop is now at 28.3 GB. I want to at least delete 10 GB or clear the disk out. I am trying to restore my iPhone using the iTunes app...
  9. disk storage: freeing up space

disk storage: freeing up space: Microsoft: In the change how free up space automatically, I had 3.08 GB of space freed up. But it dropped down to 3.06 GB. I managed to free up space and it went up to 3.07 but now, it dropped down to 2.73 GB. What happened there? Is it a bug or is that normal or what is...
  10. freeing up storage space to speed up my comp.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    freeing up storage space to speed up my comp.: just upgraded pc from win.8.1 to win. 10 home works great but need to speed it up cause have a lot of stuff not being used for along time. nit backed all up on the upgrade...