Windows 10: Free Upgarde offer to Windows 10 from Windows 7

Discus and support Free Upgarde offer to Windows 10 from Windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So the title says it all. Back in early 2016 I was offered to upgrade to Windows 10 In April 2016 I downloaded the iso using the media tool. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbarnes2, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Free Upgarde offer to Windows 10 from Windows 7

So the title says it all.

Back in early 2016 I was offered to upgrade to Windows 10

In April 2016 I downloaded the iso using the media tool.

I never got around to installing it.

Now that Windows 7 support is ending I thought I might as well bite the bullet.

Is it too late to install Windows 10 for free, or do I have to buy a licence?

It was free when I downloaded the .iso so I see no difference, but I understand corporations.

And setting conditions on what is free and for how long as a clever marketing ploy.

Advice needed.

Thanks

***Original Title: Reserved Windows 10 Downloaded the Media but never installed it can I install it now***

:)

jimbarnes2, Apr 28, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Free Upgarde offer to Windows 10 from Windows 7

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Free Upgarde offer to Windows 10 from Windows 7

1. Free Upgarde offer to Windows 10 from Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Free Upgarde offer

2. Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?: cost to upgrade from windows 7 to 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10-free/10095da6-8608-40a5-8858-8be24889f16e
  3. Free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Dear colleagues. As a new registrant to this forum, may I say thank you for having me. I have a query, being an owner of an old Dell Laptop E6410 that has had Windows 7 installed from new, but, nevertheless, served me well and continues to do so. In view of the imminent...
  4. Upgrade from Windows 7 home to Windows 10 home free offer from MS yo a purchased product...

Upgrade from Windows 7 home to Windows 10 home free offer from MS yo a purchased product...: I was originally running windows 7 home. When MS offered upgrading to Windows 10 I jumped on the offer. Now I want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro with a purchased product key, but each time I try it fails with 0xc004f050 The product key you entered didn't work This is my...
  5. Will the free upgrade to windows 10 will be offered again before windows 7 support ends?...

Will the free upgrade to windows 10 will be offered again before windows 7 support ends?...: I am running windows 7 i previously installed windows 10 but had to roll back as a driver was not detected it seems that in some cases windows 10 will run on my system so i am tempted to try again do you know if a free upgrade to windows 10 will be offered again before...
  6. will upgarding from windows 7 to 10 wipe drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    will upgarding from windows 7 to 10 wipe drivers: hi, I struggled to get Nvidia graphics drivers to work on windows 7 after updating from vister. actually, I wanted windows 10 but rolled back to Windows 7 after I find it hard to get the drivers to work on windows 10, but after trying over and over I finally got the drivers...
  7. Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for Free

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for Free: How to: Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for Free How to Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for Free After 10 years, support for Windows 7 is coming to an end on January 14, 2020. When Windows 7 reaches end of support on January 14, 2020, your computer will still...
  8. Free Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade offer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade offer: I have Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit created on USB through the Media Creation Tool will Windows 7 users still be able to use there Windows 10 Pro 64 as activated if something goes wrong after July 29,2016 28187
  9. Windows 10 after free offer ends

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 after free offer ends: Hi my friend is unsure if he wants Windows 10 or not...he currently has XP. It has passed the Windows 8 compatability test, so will accept Windows 10. If I install Windows 7 pro as a clean install, then upgrade to Windows 10....but after the 30 days, decide to reinstall...
  10. Is the free upgarde transferable? I think not.

in Windows 10 Support
    Is the free upgarde transferable? I think not.: This has been debated in numerous threads so instead or replying in all those I started this one. Some of you have noticed like me that you got a generic/common product code. Future activation on a clean install for the free upgrade is tied to the hardware and your Microsoft...