Windows 10: Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?

Discus and support Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My partner has Windows 7 installed on her PC. It also has a nasty virus. I want to erase her hard drive and upgrade to Windows 10. I've read articles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by seablues, Apr 11, 2022.

1. seablues Win User

Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?

My partner has Windows 7 installed on her PC. It also has a nasty virus. I want to erase her hard drive and upgrade to Windows 10. I've read articles that indicate the upgrade is still free, if done through Windows updates. I can't find anything confirming that it's still free if I format the disk. Does anybody else know? We have the product key, is there anything else we need? I can't really afford to buy it.

:)

seablues, Apr 11, 2022
  2. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Apr 11, 2022
  3. is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but
    the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool says all ok and continued ok... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all ok for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?

and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)

is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

Lse123polis, Apr 11, 2022
  4. LeeBerge Win User

Upgrading Win 7 Pro to Win 10

Hi Once Again

I just finished performing the steps you suggested I do in your last email to upgrade from Win 7 Pro to Win 10. I eliminated all of the temporary files and then performed a check disk on my hard drive; no errors or bad sectors were found. After doing those
    steps, Win10 failed to install again so then I went back and performed all of your suggest procedures from the past several emails all at once....disconnecting all of my external devices, doing the system file check, and then deleting all of the temporary
    files following by the check disk routine. Once again the Win10 download failed to install.

This is what happened when I tried the upgrade: I began the download from the Microsoft flag download icon in my bottom toolbar rather than using the Media Creation tool program applet that had tried several times before to upgrade windows.. The download
    preceded normally and then the computer went into the installation process. The preparing for upgrade splash panel came up and then the desktop showed configuring update for Windows 10 appeared. The upgrade got to 87% complete once again and then my computer
    went into the reboot mode. The computer rebooted back into Win 7. The Windows update panel appeared with a panel that said "upgrade to Win10....start installing the newest versions of windows". I did not get a Win 10 failed to install as I did when using the
    Media Creation tool.

As I said, the reboot took me right back into my normal Windows 7 screen which worked normally.

That's all the information I have this time around.

Lee

LeeBerge, Apr 11, 2022
Thema:

1. Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10? - Similar Threads - Free upgrade Win10

2. free upgrade from windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free upgrade from windows 7?: I'm hoping to upgrade my desktop from windows 7 to a more current supported version of windows; hopefully for free. Does anyone have any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade-from-windows-7/38366330-9fe7-4f3f-ba35-e0ed514290d3
  3. Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?: My partner has Windows 7 installed on her PC. It also has a nasty virus. I want to erase her hard drive and upgrade to Windows 10. I've read articles that indicate the upgrade is still free, if done through Windows updates. I can't find anything confirming that it's still...
  4. Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?: My partner has Windows 7 installed on her PC. It also has a nasty virus. I want to erase her hard drive and upgrade to Windows 10. I've read articles that indicate the upgrade is still free, if done through Windows updates. I can't find anything confirming that it's still...
  5. I UPGRADED FROM WIN 7 FOR FREE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I UPGRADED FROM WIN 7 FOR FREE: I UPGRADED FROM WIN 7 FOR FREE. SCREEN BROKE ON MY LAPTOP SO I PLACED MY HARD DRIVE IN AN IDENTICAL LAPTOP. NOW WINDOWS IS NOT ACTIVATED. ANY WAY TO FIX THIS OR DO I HAVE DO BUY IT NOW?...
  6. failing HDD with Win10 on it upgraded from Win 7

failing HDD with Win10 on it upgraded from Win 7: HP PC originally with Window 7, upgraded to Windows 10 during free upgrade period. HDD is failing (HP error BIOHD-8) so need to replace HDD. How can I get legal copy of Windows 10 on new HDD? Thanks in advance....
  7. Free Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - still waiting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - still waiting: My wife finally cracked and asked me to get her Laptop upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 for free - it was July 27. Clicked on the white windows upgrade icon in the system tray and was advised that the upgrade had been reserved/confirmed. I'm not usually impatient and I guess...
  8. GOt a few problems with free upgrade of Win 10 from Win 7

GOt a few problems with free upgrade of Win 10 from Win 7: It's been a while since I did this. I decided to upgrade to Win 10 from a licensed version of Win 7. I should have read up on it better when I did it cause I think I totally screwed it up. It went through the upgrade process and installed. Win 10 was working. When I went for...
  9. Win 7 from scratch before Win10 upgrade?

Win 7 from scratch before Win10 upgrade?: Been a long time 5+ years since I reloaded windows. Is it better to reload it and go to Win10 or Just go to Win 10 and hope for the best.... Only problem is the browsers are running a little slow and have to be restarted Gary 45754
  10. Still no end to free upgrade to win 10 from Win 7!

Still no end to free upgrade to win 10 from Win 7!: Just bought a pre-loved laptop for Mrs (Sheelba, as I like to think of her) for our 34th Wedding anniversary. She already has a pre-hated android tablet which she won't use 'cos it hates her back too! I saw the Dell Latitude E6400 on Tuesday, and bought it the next day,...