Windows 10: Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license

Discus and support Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My current computer has an activated Windows 10 Pro retail license. I'm planning to replace my current computer by buying a new computer that comes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zachary100, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license

My current computer has an activated Windows 10 Pro retail license. I'm planning to replace my current computer by buying a new computer that comes preinstalled with Windows 11 Home, and then I understand I can use my 10 Pro license to upgrade to 11 Pro for free.What's the most straightforward way of accomplishing this? The obvious approach that comes to mind involves two steps:Reinstall Windows 10 Pro on new computer and activate with my existing retail license.Upgrade new computer to 11 Pro for free through the settings.Is there a simpler way of doing this without having to reinstall Windows

:)

Zachary100, Nov 26, 2022
  2. JosephT71 Win User

Windows 11 Pro vs. Windows 11 Pro Upgrade

The most important difference is that the upgrade license has to be attached to the original base license.

1) If your original base license is a full retail Windows 11 Home license, then it becomes a full retail Windows 11 Pro license. This is a transferable license to another computer.

2) If your original base license is an OEM Windows 11 Home license, then it becomes an OEM Windows 11 Pro license. This is a non-transferable license.

JosephT71, Nov 26, 2022
  3. JonGrimes Win User
    Windows 11 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro Edition

No but after it installed the malfunctioning Windows 11 upgrade it was listed as Windows 11 Pro. Microsoft Windows support advised I reinstall Windows 10 Pro and said that Windows 11 is really only meant for new PC's that come with it preinstalled. MSI website doesn't list my 2020 GT76 Titan dt-039 notebook on their Windows 11 upgrade eligibility list so I guess that's why the Windows 11 Pro upgrade failed. I suggest being careful with trying the Windows 11 upgrade despite it stating my notebook was capable of running Windows 11 it was wrong. Luckily I have the original Windows 10 Pro USB Flash drive because the Windows 11 Pro upgrade was so incomplete I had no way of reverting notebook back to Windows 10 without reinstalling from a USB Flash.

JonGrimes, Nov 26, 2022
  4. JBryan41 Win User

Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license

Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

Want to upgrade 11 Home to 11 Pro. Tried download, but apparently files transferred were for 11 Enterprise. This will not activate; error is "invalid digital license or product key". This is on a new Surface. How to proceed?

Can withdraw/delete this. The suggestion to downgrade - listed below - with a 'fake' windows 10 key works.

JBryan41, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license

1. Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license - Similar Threads - Free upgrade Home

2. Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Using Volume License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Using Volume License: I have a MS Surface 8 Pro currently running Windows 11 Home. Our service provider purchased a Windows 11 Pro volume license for this computer, but I have not been able to get it to work. I know the license key is valid and still has sufficient licenses for activation. The...
  3. Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Using Volume License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Using Volume License: I have a MS Surface 8 Pro currently running Windows 11 Home. Our service provider purchased a Windows 11 Pro volume license for this computer, but I have not been able to get it to work. I know the license key is valid and still has sufficient licenses for activation. The...
  4. Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license: My current computer has an activated Windows 10 Pro retail license. I'm planning to replace my current computer by buying a new computer that comes preinstalled with Windows 11 Home, and then I understand I can use my 10 Pro license to upgrade to 11 Pro for free.What's the...
  5. Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro: As per title, my work got a laptop for a staff member which came with windows 11 home, but we need Win 11 pro to set up domain. Does buying and using a Win 10 Pro license in the "settings > activation > change product key" dialog correctly upgrade this windows 11...
  6. Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro

Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro: As per title, my work got a laptop for a staff member which came with windows 11 home, but we need Win 11 pro to set up domain. Does buying and using a Win 10 Pro license in the "settings > activation > change product key" dialog correctly upgrade this windows 11...
  7. Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?: Hello Microsoft Community and Support,Right now I have Intel i7 NUC CPU. Windows 11 upgrade compatibility app tells me my device is eligible for Windows 11 upgrade. I have Windows 10 Pro on that device. Can someone clarify my doubts?Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro...
  8. Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?

Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?: Hello Microsoft Community and Support,Right now I have Intel i7 NUC CPU. Windows 11 upgrade compatibility app tells me my device is eligible for Windows 11 upgrade. I have Windows 10 Pro on that device. Can someone clarify my doubts?Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro...
  9. Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Upgrade from Home to Pro by transferring a retail license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Home to Pro by transferring a retail license: Hello. I've recently bought a new laptop to replace a stolen one. The new laptop unfortunately comes with Windows 10 Home, and to enable disk encryption I'd need a Pro licence. In the stolen laptop, I had a full price retail Windows 8 licence, later upgraded to 8.1 and 10...