Windows 10: free upgrade to win10 from oem win7 pro

Discus and support free upgrade to win10 from oem win7 pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i have another laptop with pre-installed of win7 pro. its oem license and activated. i can download win10 media creation tools from microsoft website... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by haizadalias, Apr 24, 2019.

1. free upgrade to win10 from oem win7 pro

i have another laptop with pre-installed of win7 pro. its oem license and activated. i can download win10 media creation tools from microsoft website and installed it into that laptop and that win10 shows it is activated. my question is do i need to purchase license for win10 or it is free because my previous win7 is licensed.

:)

haizadalias, Apr 24, 2019

2. Win7 Pro (OEM) to Win10

Just tried to use the MS 'Media Creation Tool' to download an .iso of Win10 Pro 64-bit - the only OS offered in the dropdown box is Win10 Home!

Currently running Win7 Pro (OEM) on my last machine to be upgraded. I haven't yet done the automatic 'upgrade' to Win10. Of course, I know I need to do this before doing a clean install with a downloaded .iso. Is this the reason for no choice of the Pro
    version?

If first I do the free upgrade from Win7 Pro (OEM) to Win10...

a) Will the upgraded OS show as Win10 Pro (OEM)?
    and;

b) If I then run the 'Media Creation Tool', will I then be offered a choice of Win10 Home or Win10 Pro in the drop-down?

It was always my understanding that Win7 Pro (OEM) was entitled to a free upgrade to Win10 Pro (OEM)...

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Henry

HenryHonda, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Win7 Pro (OEM) to Win10

Thanks Andre.

Just as I knew...

My original question was why I wasn't able to chose Win10 Pro when using the MCT from within Win7 Pro OEM. I'm guessing my original suggestions were correct?

Henry

HenryHonda, Apr 24, 2019
  4. kjl1956 Win User

free upgrade to win10 from oem win7 pro

upgrade from win10 home to pro using a win8 product key

I understand the upgrade path from retail or OEM .

What I want to do is use the free upgrade from win7 home

OEM licenses to windows 10 home licenses first.

Then upgrade the windows 10 home OEM version to windows 10

pro version; with the last step to win8.0 pro retail key

On the last step above, will the licenses stay on a OEM licenses or change to retail key ????

or is this not even achievable unless I do the install buy media, usb or dvd.

If that is the case than doing the same method from win7 to win8.0 pro would be a more direct route; but the issue is still if I can upgrade win 7 home OEM to win 8.0 pro with a retail

key??????

If that is the case neither route will get the end results win7 home to win 10 pro; unless at one time I do the upgrade with media, usb or dvd, wiping what ever previous operating system was installed before that one.

Win7 home to win10 home or win8.0 pro; then upgrade to win10 pro with a mix of OEM and retail keys.

Thanks

kjl1956, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

free upgrade to win10 from oem win7 pro

1. free upgrade to win10 from oem win7 pro - Similar Threads - free upgrade win10

2. Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro fails: Hi,I have a Dell Precision T3600 workstation running Win7 Pro. I bought a copy of Win10 Professional from the Microsoft store. But the update fails with error code: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017I have removed unnecessary software. I have checked that all my drivers are up to date in...
  3. Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro fails: Hi,I have a Dell Precision T3600 workstation running Win7 Pro. I bought a copy of Win10 Professional from the Microsoft store. But the update fails with error code: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017I have removed unnecessary software. I have checked that all my drivers are up to date in...
  4. Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Upgrade from win10 OEM Home to Retail Pro

Upgrade from win10 OEM Home to Retail Pro: Hello there,I got a new lenovo laptop with windows 10 oem home installed, and I want to upgrade it to retail pro through key I've purchased.Which is better: To just apply the upgrade or do clean install? Or it doesn't matter?Thank you...
  6. Win7 OEM to 10 Pro OEM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win7 OEM to 10 Pro OEM: I currently have windows 7 professional OEM on a build. Is it possible to do a clean install on the system with with the same motherboard with new SSD? Or will I run into activation issues? submitted by /u/K3N5T3R [link] [comments]...
  7. Wiping Win10 PC that was upgraded from win7 free

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wiping Win10 PC that was upgraded from win7 free: So, I'm selling my custom build PC of 3 years, and I just want to make sure I do this right. I originally bought a win7 pro key (not sure what kind) and installed windows 7 with that and then upgraded to windows 10 via the free upgrade. I want to wipe the PC now. Will the...
  8. Win7 Pro Retail upgraded free to Win10 Pro need my product key.......

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win7 Pro Retail upgraded free to Win10 Pro need my product key.......: Hi, i built my pc years ago. Win7 Pro Retail upgraded free to Win10 Pro need my product key....... so i can reinstall fresh and start over. I cant find my retail box but the OS is registered and activated to me. How can i find this within my pc?...
  9. upgrading from win7 to win10

upgrading from win7 to win10: I can't find HP ProtectTools Device Access Manager to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win7-to-win10/f289a046-d68b-471b-8f6f-de8ed5ccafa6
  10. Upgrading from win7 to win10

Upgrading from win7 to win10: Hello, I have 4 PCs; I was able to upgrade 3, but the fourth one the desktop I couldn't upgrade it. I followed all the workarounds and solution were offered I downloaded the Windows Creation Tool and still cannot update. What should I do? 13716

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win7 oem win 10 pro upgrade

2. Should I replace win7 pro oem with win10 pro oem

3. free win7 to ein10

4. Win7 OEM upgrade to Win10,
  5. Win7 OEM to Win10,
  6. win7 to win10,
  7. win7 to win10 upgrade,
  8. free upgrade to windows 10 pro