Windows 10: Free upgrade to Windows 10 to Windows 7 ???

Discus and support Free upgrade to Windows 10 to Windows 7 ??? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; A number of people are telling me that they have recently (last month) upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 by using the Microsoft media creation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TimothyTzanakos, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Free upgrade to Windows 10 to Windows 7 ???

A number of people are telling me that they have recently (last month) upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 by using the Microsoft media creation tool.

I was under the impression that this option was no longer available.

How is this possible???

:)

TimothyTzanakos, Apr 18, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Free upgrade to Windows 10 to Windows 7 ???

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

Free upgrade to Windows 10 to Windows 7 ???

1. Free upgrade to Windows 10 to Windows 7 ??? - Similar Threads - Free upgrade

2. My Windows 10 Free Upgrade PC HD crashed - Free reinstall?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Windows 10 Free Upgrade PC HD crashed - Free reinstall?: I have an old PC that had an OEM Windows 8 install (and i do have that product key) that died - My SSD completely crashed and I have to install a new hard drive and start over from scratch. I still have my old Windows 8 install discs and the product keys, but I don’t know...
  3. two problems, windows 10 upgraded for free from windows 7 now displays activate key after a...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    two problems, windows 10 upgraded for free from windows 7 now displays activate key after a...: bassicly all there is to it is in the title. a secondery bug I have with the tab alt is it will repeatedly left click every second without input, even when the keyboard and mouse are removed from the computer. do any of you guys have any idea why these ars happening or...
  4. how to find my new windows product key after free upgrade from windows7 to windows10

how to find my new windows product key after free upgrade from windows7 to windows10: R/Sir/Madam, I recently got free upgrade from windows7pro to windows10 pro. But i did not get any new product key from microsoft support. so, now i want to know that can i use my old product kry (windows7 pro) whenever i need to re install my windows10pro ?? If not, how...
  5. free upgrade to win10 from oem win7 pro

free upgrade to win10 from oem win7 pro: i have another laptop with pre-installed of win7 pro. its oem license and activated. i can download win10 media creation tools from microsoft website and installed it into that laptop and that win10 shows it is activated. my question is do i need to purchase license for win10...
  6. How can I down grade my 64 bit Windows 10 free upgrade to a 32 bit OS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I down grade my 64 bit Windows 10 free upgrade to a 32 bit OS?: In order to regain my compatibility to earlier applications, how can I down grade my 64 bit Windows 10 free upgrade to a 32 bit OS? I upgraded while the free upgrade offer was being made so I do not have a product key other than in the original Windows 7 OS....
  7. Win 10 Free Upgrade

Win 10 Free Upgrade: I still have Win 8.1 Pro in one of my pc's. Is it too late to upgrade to Win 10 Pro for free. If so what would be the process.Win https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-free-upgrade/6c5b0473-a789-4832-918f-0579fdb5c9d2
  8. Free 2015 upgrade to Windows 10 expired?

Free 2015 upgrade to Windows 10 expired?: (Unfortunately), I took advantage of the free Windows 10 upgrade in 2015 and it's not been a rewarding relationship, not least because it seemed to offer me less functionality and it turned out to be incompatible with my HP printer! I am now getting constant messages that...
  9. windows 10 free upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade: I did the windows 10 upgrade from windows 8.1 and I cant get it activated due to product key or digital license i dont think i ever got a digital license information email or anything where can i find the license information to activate the free upgraded windows 10...
  10. Windows: Is there a free upgrade available?

Windows: Is there a free upgrade available?: Is there a free upgrade available? * Original title: Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-there-a-free-upgrade-available/b8ac7e45-e71c-47c8-9f4f-df6ed514aad3