Windows 10: Free Upgrade Win 10 installed in HDD to be trasferred to SSD.

Discus and support Free Upgrade Win 10 installed in HDD to be trasferred to SSD. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, My HDD got corrupted so I upgraded and bought a new SSD. Originally my Operating System is that of Window 7, I then upgraded it to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Amil JosiahEstornino, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Free Upgrade Win 10 installed in HDD to be trasferred to SSD.

Hello,

My HDD got corrupted so I upgraded and bought a new SSD. Originally my Operating System is that of Window 7, I then upgraded it to Windows 10 using the free upgrade of windows. I would like to ask if I can still reuse the product key of my original window 7 OS if I install windows 10 to my new SSD?

:)

Amil JosiahEstornino, Oct 14, 2020

2. Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on HDD, then on SSD

Skip the HDD step. Go directly to SSD. Win 10 will install and activate on the SSD with no problems.

Ztruker, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Free Upgrade Win 10 installed in HDD to be trasferred to SSD.

A new win install on a HDD messed up my win install on my m.2 SSD

Free Upgrade Win 10 installed in HDD to be trasferred to SSD. [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I do think that is my problem, but I couldn't find a way to remedy it. Sorry for the screenshot being in Hungarian, if you need I can translate it. And don't mind the 500 MB partition, I tried to do a fix from a similar thread which suggested creating it, but later steps didn't prove successful.

giorgioblues, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Free Upgrade Win 10 installed in HDD to be trasferred to SSD.

1. Free Upgrade Win 10 installed in HDD to be trasferred to SSD. - Similar Threads - Free Upgrade installed

2. Upgradation of HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgradation of HDD to SSD: I want to upgrade my laptop's hardware configuration. I want to change my HDD to SSD. But If i want a fresh installation of Windows 10 to my new SSD then how I will put my Product key there as it is OEM provided....
  3. Clean Install of a free upgrade of win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean Install of a free upgrade of win 10: Hi, I'd like to do a clean install of my win10. But it's a free upgrade version. I can't find a step by step guide to do it. Only guides for fresh installs of a regular win10 version. I'm afraid to do something wrong and lose the right to use this licence. Thank you...
  4. Clean install but upgrade from hdd to ssd.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install but upgrade from hdd to ssd.: current setup: hdd running 1903 primary boot target: 1909 upgrade/clean install on ssd then primary boot 1903 still bootable on hdd secondary/backup boot in case of failures of any kind. how would i manage that without an optical which is being replaced by a tray caddy...
  5. Win 10 Free Upgrade

Win 10 Free Upgrade: I still have Win 8.1 Pro in one of my pc's. Is it too late to upgrade to Win 10 Pro for free. If so what would be the process.Win https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-free-upgrade/6c5b0473-a789-4832-918f-0579fdb5c9d2
  6. upgrade hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Customization
    upgrade hdd to ssd: Good Morning/Evening, I would like to upgrade the hdd of my laptop to ssd. I need all my files and os unchange. May you folks advise me the procedure? thanks beforehand for your help. regards mark...
  7. Moving old HDD(win 10 pro 64bit) to newer upgraded laptop with an SSD HDD already installed

Moving old HDD(win 10 pro 64bit) to newer upgraded laptop with an SSD HDD already installed: I am trying to move the HDD or Data (win 10 pro 64bit) from my old laptop to a new laptop that I have installed an SSD drive in with a Win 10 iso already on it. Could someone outline the process for me to transfer the data to the new drive but keep the integrity of my data...
  8. ssd and hdd free up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ssd and hdd free up space: Hello, i just bought a new laptop with two hard drives in it. i would like to use my ssd drive for editing purposes and the hdd to storrage my videos. the thing is that my ssd has the os in it and it only has 30 gb of space left. i am wondering if i could free some space on...
  9. Win 10 on both HDD and SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 on both HDD and SSD?: I will buy a SSD for my Acer desktop and install Win 10 on it and other programs I have on my computer. If I do a clean install of Win 10 on my SSD, do I have to delte Win 10 on the HDD first? I guess it is not allowed having two Windows 10 on the same computer (both...
  10. Win 10 to SSD No free install

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 to SSD No free install: Hello, I am running an unauthorized version of Win 7 64 in my PC. I have two sata hard drives using Casper to clone. I am buying a Samsung 2.5-Inch 500 GB 850 EVO Solid State Drive. I want to buy Windows Ten and install it, and most of my Apps on the SSD, keeping everything...