Windows 10: Free verson of Memtest86 liimited to 4 passes. Buy the PRO version?

Discus and support Free verson of Memtest86 liimited to 4 passes. Buy the PRO version? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm dealing with a rash of recent Kernel Security Check BSODs and I'm using the free version of the Passmark memtest86. In various threads, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by x509, Feb 2, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

Free verson of Memtest86 liimited to 4 passes. Buy the PRO version?

I'm dealing with a rash of recent Kernel Security Check BSODs and I'm using the free version of the Passmark memtest86. In various threads, the recommendation is to run at least 8 passes, which might take overnight. My system has 32 GB RAM. But the free version is limited to only 4 passes. Is two runs of 4 passes the same as one run of 8 passes? Or do I need to pay Passmark the $44 for the Pro version.

Seems way faster than the older Memtest86+. I was running that test and after 1 hr 24 minutes, it was only 53% complete on the first pass. So i switched to the Passmark test.

:)

x509, Feb 2, 2019
  2. paulking Win User

Memtest86+ reports 0 errors after 8 passes

I am currently running Memtest86+ 5.01, as suggested, and I am a bit concerned that there is a line that says:
    Cores: 1 Active: 1 / 1 total (Run: All)

I in fact have 4 cores, and the top line on the screen identifies it correctly as an Intel Core i7-4770k

It is still running as it has completed only 1 pass so far.

Screenshot:
    Attachment 36290

paulking, Feb 2, 2019
  3. ksio89 Win User
    Memtest86 Free instead of Memtest86+

Just a suggestion for users here who need to perform RAM tests to rule out hardware issues: Memtest86+ 5.01 has a bug with CPU multicore support (Parallel), as it hangs after some time testing and the only safe way to perform the tests is in single core mode, which is extremely low. This usually happens with test #7:

Memtest86+ is freezing while running test #7

The original proprietary version, Memtest86 6.2.0 Free, does not have this bug, which it means it performs the passes much, much faster than Memtest86+. Apparently, older builds of Memtest86+ do not hang with multicore support enabled as well.

Another advantage of Memtest86 over 86+ is that it supports EFI+GPT, so you don't need to disable Secure Boot on UEFI menu to boot the USB drive with Memtest86 installed like you do with 86+, as it's installed only in MBR. The tests are the same, it perform 4 passes and it can even save a report in HTML format after ending the test. You can download the free version here:

MemTest86 - Download now!

Here is the report in PDF so you can have an idea:

https://www.tenforums.com/attachmen...rruption-memtest86-report-20151231-152538.pdf

ksio89, Feb 2, 2019
  4. paulking Win User

Memtest86+ reports 0 errors after 8 passes

Memtest won't allow me to do more than 4 passes at a time. I have version 6.1.0 (Free) from their website, which was burned onto a CD. I can post 2 photos of 4 passes (4h long with the limited amount of memory I am testing now). After 3:10h, no errors.

When I do the second run, I will test all of the RAM with the sequential setting, and I will remember to look at the voltages when I reboot.

paulking, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Free verson of Memtest86 liimited to 4 passes. Buy the PRO version? - Similar Threads - Free verson Memtest86

2. Change Pro version to Home without buying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Pro version to Home without buying: Hi! I have windows 11 pro. But I want windows 11 home. Can I change my pro key to a home key? I don't care about the price difference. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-pro-version-to-home-without-buying/8972d771-2eaa-4159-9229-2ce2352abdef
  3. Change Pro version to Home without buying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Pro version to Home without buying: Hi! I have windows 11 pro. But I want windows 11 home. Can I change my pro key to a home key? I don't care about the price difference. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-pro-version-to-home-without-buying/8972d771-2eaa-4159-9229-2ce2352abdef
  4. Struggling with recurring memory related BSODs. Memtest86 passes with no issues....

Struggling with recurring memory related BSODs. Memtest86 passes with no issues....: Hi guys, As the title says, I have been getting random memory related BSODs and have ran Memtest86 and the Windows memory diagnostic with no issues returned.I have tried updating GPU drivers, mobo firmware, hardware drivers but still facing the same issue. A little stumped so...
  5. Memtest86

Memtest86: I downloaded Memtest86 and extracted the zip file. There is an .img inside the extraction. I believe I can change the .img file to .iso file then extract that to reveal the .exe file. Is that how it works? 138924
  6. Memtest86+ passes. WIndows 10 has errors and BSODs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memtest86+ passes. WIndows 10 has errors and BSODs.: My memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 4x8GB CMK32GX4M4E4133C19. I run @ 4000Mhz. 17-17-17-38-2CR. Memtest86+ can run for 24 hours with no errors. Windows 10 Pro also doesn't have any issues running my memory with this speed and timings. When I run Memtest86+ at 4100 and...
  7. Memtest86+ passes. WIndows 10 has errors and BSODs.

in Windows 10 Support
    Memtest86+ passes. WIndows 10 has errors and BSODs.: My memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 4x8GB CMK32GX4M4E4133C19. I run @ 4000Mhz. 17-17-17-38-2CR. Memtest86+ can run for 24 hours with no errors. Windows 10 Pro also doesn't have any issues running my memory with this speed and timings. When I run Memtest86+ at 4100 and...
  8. WinToGo Free Version for W10 Pro

WinToGo Free Version for W10 Pro: I am trying to create a copy of W10 on a USB so that I can recover a bunch of files from a machine that experienced a Boot SSD failure. I'm trying to use the latest version of WinToGo Free and I'm using a HP64GB USB 3.0 stick. The ISO file I'm trying to use is the one from...
  9. Memtest86 Free instead of Memtest86+

Memtest86 Free instead of Memtest86+: Just a suggestion for users here who need to perform RAM tests to rule out hardware issues: Memtest86+ 5.01 has a bug with CPU multicore support (Parallel), as it hangs after some time testing and the only safe way to perform the tests is in single core mode, which is...
  10. IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS BSOD, memtest86+ passed

IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS BSOD, memtest86+ passed: I tried to start Guild Wars 2 and got a BSOD. I also frequently have issues with Flash and javascript crashing, mostly in IE but also sometimes in Firefox. Not sure if related but thought any info is good info. I ran memtest with no errors. I have 16 GB of memory and don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. memtest86 limited 4 runs

2. memtest 86 befroe free limited to 4

3. memtest86 cant run more than 4 passes