Windows 10: free vs used space

Discus and support free vs used space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there, My E hard drive only had 14gb of a game files and I emptied the drive now, but it still shows some used space in drive properties note :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zmnak, Oct 16, 2020.

1. zmnak Win User

free vs used space

Hello there,
    My E hard drive only had 14gb of a game files and I emptied the drive now,
    but it still shows some used space in drive properties
    note : I already deleted the 2 temp folders , from the "temp" and "%temp%" of the run cmd.
    free vs used space 50e51779-755d-46fa-866b-c118eb2fb591?upload=true.png

:)

zmnak, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 16, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

free vs used space

Moving Unallocated Disk Space to End of Disk

Was commenting on the pic in post #21. Not suggesting anything. It just looked like the step you were doing was incomplete.

f14tomcat, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

free vs used space

1. free vs used space - Similar Threads - free used space

2. I can't use the free space as a partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't use the free space as a partition: I've recently installed Linux Dualbooted with Windows 7, for quick testing. Then i uninstalled Linux along with grub as an option to only use Windows 7. Now, I tried to partition the free space as for my files Windows 7 is in logical drive now, i get this error without even...
  3. I can't use the free space as a partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use the free space as a partition: I've recently installed Linux Dualbooted with Windows 7, for quick testing. Then i uninstalled Linux along with grub as an option to only use Windows 7. Now, I tried to partition the free space as for my files Windows 7 is in logical drive now, i get this error without even...
  4. Disk Space Used/Free Amounts are Wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Space Used/Free Amounts are Wrong: I have a year-old laptop with a 256 GB SSD hard drive. I added about 4 GB of files. Nothing else. Windows 10 is about 20 GB. But when I checked my disk space - right-clicking on the C: drive - Properties - it says 212 GB used and 9 GB free, for a total of 221 GB. How can that...
  5. Disk Space Used/Free Amounts are Wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Space Used/Free Amounts are Wrong: I have a year-old laptop with a 256 GB SSD hard drive. I added about 4 GB of files. Nothing else. Windows 10 is about 20 GB. But when I checked my disk space - right-clicking on the C: drive - Properties - it says 212 GB used and 9 GB free, for a total of 221 GB. How can that...
  6. Disk Space Used/Free Amounts are Wrong

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Free Space

in Windows 10 Customization
    Free Space: I have a 500Gb SSD drive and checking the storage in settings it told me that the drive had 476Gb which I understood of which 367Gb were used and 109Gb were free. Hoping to free up some space and not wanting to delete my pictures or Music, I decided to tidy up my folders and...
  8. Freeing Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Freeing Disk Space: I originally had Windows XP on my laptop but updated to Windows 10 awhile ago (and am getting current updates). Can I remove Windows XP from my laptop or will that affect how Windows 10 operates?...
  9. DVD-R's with zero free space & used space

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD-R's with zero free space & used space: I have approx. a dozen DVD-R's that were included with a large stack of new DVD-Rs that appear to have been written to. From the DVD drive properties show "zero space", "zero used" and "zero capacity" From File Explore I'm not able to find anything on each of the DVD-R's....
  10. Treesize not showing Free space - confusing now and not useful

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Treesize not showing Free space - confusing now and not useful: Hi there Confusing results from Treesize Free Shows "C" parent 100% allocated (approx. 85 GB on "C". However HDD (it's an SSD) is actually a 232GB with approx. 100 GB Free space. Treesize used to show what % of HDD was used. why do people UPDATE apps with LESS...