Windows 10: Free win 10 upgrade in the future?

Discus and support Free win 10 upgrade in the future? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a PC with Windows7 and would like upgrade to Win 10. Will Microsoft offer free Win 10 upgrade in the future?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zawai, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Zawai Win User

Free win 10 upgrade in the future?

I have a PC with Windows7 and would like upgrade to Win 10. Will Microsoft offer free Win 10 upgrade in the future?

:)

Zawai, Aug 22, 2019

2. Upgrade from 8.1 to Win 10

Hi Roy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this laptop compatible with Windows 10?
    • Are there drivers for Windows 10 for this laptop on HP website?

I would suggest you to temporarily disable/un-install any HP's software if you have installed.

Also, I would suggest you to start the upgrade by un-installing the updated drivers and installing basic windows drivers.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Right on the start icon and click on device manager

• Expand Network/Device adapters, Select the adapter, right click and click on un-install.

• Restart the computer.

Now start the upgrade from an ISO and see if that helps.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Aug 22, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Win 7 to Ultimate - upgrade still possible to Win10 ?

Upgrade to Windows 10 | Tutorials

- best read carefully...

and you will find

dalchina, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Free win 10 upgrade in the future?

Win 10 failures to update (error 80240020) but not reserved an upgrade

Hi Dodie,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• What is the error message you get?

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the thread answered by Ms. Isha Soni and follow the steps to stop getting windows 10 notification and check if it helps.

Stop Windows 10 upgrade notification on Windows 7

Method 2:

I suggest you to refer to the article “Error opening Office documents after upgrading to Windows 10” follow the steps and check if it helps.

Errors opening Office files after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Free win 10 upgrade in the future?

1. Free win 10 upgrade in the future? - Similar Threads - Free upgrade future

2. free upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10: I bought a desktop having Win 8.1 years ago and it still run smoothly.I had free upgraded to Win 10 through Windows security updates when Microsoft announced on its web, but seems not good to use and recovered to Win 8.1 after using Win 10 for a while.Is there any free...
  3. free upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    free upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10: I bought a desktop having Win 8.1 years ago and it still run smoothly.I had free upgraded to Win 10 through Windows security updates when Microsoft announced on its web, but seems not good to use and recovered to Win 8.1 after using Win 10 for a while.Is there any free...
  4. Upgrading a Senior to win 10 for free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading a Senior to win 10 for free: Hello folks, I'm a Senior male trying to help my neighbor who is even older than me. He stopped using his laptop after his wife died, so I thought with the little knowledge I have I would re set up his email. I found out he is still running Win 8. My question is, is there a...
  5. Upgrading a Senior to win 10 for free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading a Senior to win 10 for free: Hello folks, I'm a Senior male trying to help my neighbor who is even older than me. He stopped using his laptop after his wife died, so I thought with the little knowledge I have I would re set up his email. I found out he is still running Win 8. My question is, is there a...
  6. Upgrading a Senior to win 10 for free

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Upgrade WIN 10 S Mode to WIN 10[for free]

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade WIN 10 S Mode to WIN 10[for free]: Hello to All And apologies for the length of my first thread but I am hoping that I have given enough basic info to avoid responders having to ask questions. I have just popped over from the 7 Forum to seek, help, information and confirmation concerning the subject of...
  8. Win 10 Free Upgrade

Win 10 Free Upgrade: I still have Win 8.1 Pro in one of my pc's. Is it too late to upgrade to Win 10 Pro for free. If so what would be the process.Win https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-free-upgrade/6c5b0473-a789-4832-918f-0579fdb5c9d2
  9. Preparing for a Future Free Upgrade

Preparing for a Future Free Upgrade: 100 days from today, the free upgrade off ends. If I were to install a free copy of 10 onto a thumb drive (or DVD), and then buy a used 7 or 8 laptop after the free upgrade offer expires, could I install 10 for free from the thumb drive? 47869
  10. Free OS's In The Future?

in Windows 10 News
    Free OS's In The Future?: Maybe a ray of hope for Windows 9? (personally I doubt it... but boy would it be cool...) Microsoft's vision of how PCs work in the post-PC era is based on Windows 8. In order for people to experience that vision, they have to have it on their devices. Currently, the...