Windows 10: Free Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal

Discus and support Free Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Free Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal (link) Windows 10 is famously ‘free’, but Microsoft has been worryingly silent about just how free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by groze, Jul 10, 2015.

1. groze Win User

Free Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal

Free Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal (link)

Microsoft needs to answers these questions and concern before RTM is released, so people can decided if they want windows 10. There are some parts of the Forbes article I agree with and other parts I don't.

:)

groze, Jul 10, 2015
  2. mac1-131 Win User

Service Pack #1 for windows 10

have a look at "winaero tweaker" to enable the aero lite theme. that will give your windows borders some color back.

I agree with you, it looks terrible and is hard on my old eyes too, but there are some "tweaks" to deal with it.

mac1-131, Jul 10, 2015
  3. Resolution looks terrible

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We are here to assist you.

I request you to send use the screenshot of the issue, in order to understand the issue better.

How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

I suggest you to install the graphic drivers in compatible mode and check. Follow the steps provided below:

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 10, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Please.. that article is garbage. Free is free.. for the life of the device. What the underlying assumption is that a device will last from 2-4 years. And in some cases the device will last longer than that and it will continue to receive support.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jul 10, 2015
  5. bromanbro Win User
    On MS's site, only Enterprise Windows 10 supports the classic "Long-Term-Support" Updates model of previous Windows.

I'm getting the upgrade, since I can roll back to 8 (well 7 will be EOL in 2 years so that PC's stuck) when MS tries to charge me for security patches.

Skepticism is always a good thing, but I doubt MS is activily trying to screw us here. If anything, Home and Pro will last until 2023 (same as Windows 8) while Enterprise gets the normal LTS support of prior Windows. What happens after 2023 is anyone's guess - but maybe a combined subscription of Office, Xbox Live, and Windows Update?

bromanbro, Jul 10, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    No, they don't. If you don't know, you can wait until after release and then upgrade after the information is available.

There is absolutely no compunction that Microsoft MUST provide anything prior to the RTM.

There is nothing that says you have to upgrade the day its released. Cool your jets, and stop demanding things, and being part of the "gimme gimme" culture.

Mystere, Jul 10, 2015
  7. bromanbro Win User
    This. Previous licenses won't be disabled though, so MS can't screw over 10 users until 8 goes EOL (cause that will always be a backup plan for users until 2023 if MS screws up 10)

And hell, Windows XP got a community service pack 4. If MS tries to charge for 10 updates, 8 will continue to be supported by the community if it has to Free Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal :p.

bromanbro, Jul 10, 2015
  8. groze Win User

So, you wouldn't want to know what your pizza cost before you go pick it up? I would so I could bring enough cash to pay for it.

groze, Jul 10, 2015
  9. bromanbro Win User
    The pizza hasn't been finished yet *Smile

bromanbro, Jul 10, 2015
  10. Geneo Win User
    Well if true, I certainly won't upgrade, and I would consider this whole thing a swindle really. I hadn't planned on upgrading for 7 for a while anyways - until bugs were worked out.

Geneo, Jul 10, 2015
  11. groze Win User
    According to other sites there should be more info before or on July 29th, 2015.

groze, Jul 10, 2015
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    What information?? What do you want MS to say?? The article you quoted is junk.

BunnyJ, Jul 10, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

Win10 is free.. what part of free don't you understand at this stage?? The article pointed out the the "life of a device" is expected to last from 2 - 4 years meaning that some users will upgrade their PC Etc and have to get a copy of Win10. But that will not apply to existing users of Win10 who still are using the upgrade.

BunnyJ, Jul 10, 2015
  14. Geneo Win User
    I guess we will see, No sense in getting our knickers in a knot *Biggrin

Geneo, Jul 10, 2015
  15. groze Win User
    I don't want to get into an disagreement with you BunnyJ. Did you the read Forbes Authors comments in the comment section? He still stands by what he said. I always though of Forbes as a reliable source. The underline is the authors response to the commentator's statement that is italicized. I quoted it below for you.

Keep in Mind I didn't say I agree with the article totally here is what I said in My first post

groze, Jul 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Free Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal - Similar Threads - Free Looks Terrible

2. Why is Microsoft So Terrible Now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft So Terrible Now?: Why is Microsoft such a steaming pile of bull hockey? It has gotten progressively worse and worse and yet my employers still mandate it. I'm considering killing myself or quitting my job, but first I wanted to check to see whether Microsoft was salvageable.Right now, I'm on...
  3. Looking for a good free antivirus for windows 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Looking for a good free antivirus for windows 10.: Is there a good free antivirus recommendable for Windows 10. Not sure if the Defender which comes with Windows 10 is good enough https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-a-good-free-antivirus-for-windows-10/40ab8912-55cb-403e-99b3-36f905e398c0
  4. The new movies & tv icon looks... terrible

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The new movies & tv icon looks... terrible: [ATTACH] Is there any way to roll back to the old icon? https://preview.redd.it/sa58nowj8rk41.jpg?width=104&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=1da67b88a7d1e105ad34305f4cb8f8620da20d04 submitted by /u/Trementation [link] [comments]...
  5. 30 FPS video looks terrible in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    30 FPS video looks terrible in fullscreen: I've been recording videos with my gopro at 4K 30 FPS. I download the clips on to my computer and when I view them in a small window on a 4k 60 Hz monitor, it looks great and smooth. However, when I put the video into fullscreen mode or simply increase the size of the window,...
  6. Uploaded photos to social media look terrible.

in Browsers and Email
    Uploaded photos to social media look terrible.: No matter what platform I try to post to for my business, the image looks horrible. LinkedIn, FB, IG- it doesn't matter. Just started after I upgraded to build 1903. Was working fine before that. Any one know what the heck could be causing this? As you can see, the image on...
  7. Newspaper looks terrible.

in Browsers and Email
    Newspaper looks terrible.: As you can see in the link,my newspaper look terrible in my browser edge.I had contact with the Publisher but they have no solution. With other browsers i have no problem.So,what is the problem here? http://users.telenet.be/solidjumbo/Foto/Krant.JPG 98821
  8. looking for a couple of tweaks for windows 10 free version

in Windows 10 Support
    looking for a couple of tweaks for windows 10 free version: Either a cmd file or registry tweak to:- 1) enable and disable UAC. In Gpedit.msc it is near the bottom and says use Administrator setting for all admin prompts or something and has to be set to disable to turn UAC off and enable to turn UAC on. A system restart is always...
  9. Free Windows 10 Not Such a Big Deal Anymore

in Windows 10 News
    Free Windows 10 Not Such a Big Deal Anymore: Windows 10 is work in progress at Microsoft, so it's pretty clear that not all details are available right now despite the avalanche of rumors that have reached our ears in the last couple of months. People close to the matter revealed earlier this year that Microsoft was...
  10. Looking for a super-deal on laptop, suggestions?

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for a super-deal on laptop, suggestions?: Notes: Looking for a solid performer that will last for years at a low price. No major gaming or 3d rendering, some usage of photoshop and dreamweaver, older games, a database application, outlook with fairly sizable mailbox, skype, excel, word, browsing, etc......