Windows 10: Free Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal

Discus and support Free Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Not the last OS, just last with Windows monicker... *Wink I know but it will be called Windows 10 from now till dooms day. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by groze, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Gary Win User

Free Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal

I know but it will be called Windows 10 from now till dooms day.

2. Gary Win User

Yes there are , Forbes magazine for one. That is a financial type rag, what would they know about technology?

3. I would expect at least one more name change, likely dropping the 10 and just calling it Windows.

alphanumeric, Jul 10, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

They sure can get better people for that type of assignment.. can't they??

BunnyJ, Jul 10, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    I suppose that they would have to put MS in front of Windows to not confuse the construction industry.*Smile

6. Cliff S New Member
    The author of this articl is a "Flame Troll" and his articles are to be described as "Flamebait".

If you don't understand these terms, an excerpt from Wikipedia:

I hope I highlighted all the parts that fit him*sarc

Cliff S, Jul 10, 2015
  7. Mystere Win User
    I think finally figured it out. Gordon Kelly is intentionally misreading things, and creating sensationalist headlines in an attempt to force Microsoft to release information. If that is in fact what he's doing, and if you read his articles and responses in the comment section, it appears to me that this is indeed the case, then he's not being a journalist at all. He's using his position to extort a company into doing his wishes.

Mystere, Jul 10, 2015
  8. Mystere Win User

Lol, I especially like the bit at the bottom about Gordon Kelly requesting they link to the original story... That's because he is deliberately being dishonest, and knows it.. and wants to use his power to force Microsoft to "correct him".

Mystere, Jul 10, 2015
  9. Article is click bait to raise traffic to site and cause confusion to the public.
    Vista Supported till 2017
    Windows 7 Supported till 2020
    Windows 8 please upgrade for free to Windows 8.1
    Windows 8.1 Supported till 2023
    Windows ten released July 2015 supported for new features until 2020
    Long term support end 2025.
    They are the facts. The only thing that is a little fly in the ointment is if you upgrade from an OEM licence and 4 years later a part goes bad, they will probably not let you activate except by a phone call to a rep. If you tell the truth I am sure you will be fine. I have never had any issues with talking to reps about activations once I explain what has been going on. The other thing that has not been addressed is retail licences, how do I transfer my Windows 10 to a new build in 3 years time which I can do with my 7 and 8/8.1 licences. Surely I don't have to install the older OS on my new PC? In that case it would be easier for retail owners to get new keys?

Indianatone, Jul 10, 2015
  10. Maybe they'll drop Windows and just call it 10 *Tongue

Slartybart, Jul 10, 2015
  11. The Operating System Formally Known As Windows, TOSFKAW

12. *Smile

*chuckle

*Biggrin

*Roflmao2

or go international with only a pictograph
    (there are 10 BTW)

*Start*Start*Start*Start
    *Start*Start*Start
    *Start*Start
    *Start

Slartybart, Jul 10, 2015
  13. Cliff S New Member

Gotta turn it around, in marketing an arrow pointing down is taken a negative.

Cliff S, Jul 10, 2015
  14. bromanbro Win User
    =D!

bromanbro, Jul 10, 2015
  15. Fully endorsed by the artist formally know as.....*Zip

Thema:

1. Free Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal - Similar Threads - Free Looks Terrible

2. Why is Microsoft So Terrible Now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft So Terrible Now?: Why is Microsoft such a steaming pile of bull hockey? It has gotten progressively worse and worse and yet my employers still mandate it. I'm considering killing myself or quitting my job, but first I wanted to check to see whether Microsoft was salvageable.Right now, I'm on...
  3. Looking for a good free antivirus for windows 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Looking for a good free antivirus for windows 10.: Is there a good free antivirus recommendable for Windows 10. Not sure if the Defender which comes with Windows 10 is good enough https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-a-good-free-antivirus-for-windows-10/40ab8912-55cb-403e-99b3-36f905e398c0
  4. The new movies & tv icon looks... terrible

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The new movies & tv icon looks... terrible: [ATTACH] Is there any way to roll back to the old icon? https://preview.redd.it/sa58nowj8rk41.jpg?width=104&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=1da67b88a7d1e105ad34305f4cb8f8620da20d04 submitted by /u/Trementation [link] [comments]...
  5. 30 FPS video looks terrible in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    30 FPS video looks terrible in fullscreen: I've been recording videos with my gopro at 4K 30 FPS. I download the clips on to my computer and when I view them in a small window on a 4k 60 Hz monitor, it looks great and smooth. However, when I put the video into fullscreen mode or simply increase the size of the window,...
  6. Uploaded photos to social media look terrible.

in Browsers and Email
    Uploaded photos to social media look terrible.: No matter what platform I try to post to for my business, the image looks horrible. LinkedIn, FB, IG- it doesn't matter. Just started after I upgraded to build 1903. Was working fine before that. Any one know what the heck could be causing this? As you can see, the image on...
  7. Newspaper looks terrible.

in Browsers and Email
    Newspaper looks terrible.: As you can see in the link,my newspaper look terrible in my browser edge.I had contact with the Publisher but they have no solution. With other browsers i have no problem.So,what is the problem here? http://users.telenet.be/solidjumbo/Foto/Krant.JPG 98821
  8. looking for a couple of tweaks for windows 10 free version

in Windows 10 Support
    looking for a couple of tweaks for windows 10 free version: Either a cmd file or registry tweak to:- 1) enable and disable UAC. In Gpedit.msc it is near the bottom and says use Administrator setting for all admin prompts or something and has to be set to disable to turn UAC off and enable to turn UAC on. A system restart is always...
  9. Free Windows 10 Not Such a Big Deal Anymore

in Windows 10 News
    Free Windows 10 Not Such a Big Deal Anymore: Windows 10 is work in progress at Microsoft, so it's pretty clear that not all details are available right now despite the avalanche of rumors that have reached our ears in the last couple of months. People close to the matter revealed earlier this year that Microsoft was...
  10. Looking for a super-deal on laptop, suggestions?

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for a super-deal on laptop, suggestions?: Notes: Looking for a solid performer that will last for years at a low price. No major gaming or 3d rendering, some usage of photoshop and dreamweaver, older games, a database application, outlook with fairly sizable mailbox, skype, excel, word, browsing, etc......