Windows 10: Free Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal

Discus and support Free Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; No Hippsie, Bill is just a much better businessman than a programmer(which he obviously was/is very good at) Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by groze, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

Free Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal

No Hippsie, Bill is just a much better businessman than a programmer(which he obviously was/is very good at)

Cliff S, Jul 11, 2015
  2. Cr00zng Win User

And that's not clear at the current time...

It's not like MS hasn't done a quick turnaround before, like they did with Windows 8.0 upgrade to 8.1, where support has changed. Windows 8 is not qualified for free Windows 10 upgrade, while Windows 8.1 does.

Cr00zng, Jul 11, 2015
  3. groze Win User
    So, is Cliff S post #85 correct?

I am assuming if we go buy that

July 29, 2015 Start of Mainstreet support
    July 29, 2020 End of Mainstream support Unless a service pack extends it or Microsoft does.
    July 29, 2025 End of Extended Support Unless a service pack extends it or Microsoft does.

Then comes the new questions, what happens you your Windows 10 computer when extended support ends for example you can't upgrade do to hardware or choose not to pay for an upgrade? Will the computer still work or will you be locked out?

groze, Jul 11, 2015
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2. . .he made do it. . .*Mad

5. BunnyJ New Member
    The support of Windows 10 will never end like other versions. It's going to receive support as long as MS has an OS.. Windows.

BunnyJ, Jul 11, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    I told Alpha that, that was the old model(you'll see what I mean if you follow the link), but I suspect the "principle" is the same. But any future "Upgrades" will probably be given, if you are still using the same PC(will your system support them will be the question). A good example is DX12 doesn't do anything for me, my PC(graphic doesn't support it, also I could not use a Hololens, but if they improve Cortana or give Edge a new function we will get it if it comes out in 20 years. When a company talks business legalese and say supported life time they are also talking planned obsolescence.

Cliff S, Jul 11, 2015
  7. That's the old model from when a new OS was released every couple of years. That's all changing with Windows 10 now being the perpetual Windows.

alphanumeric, Jul 11, 2015
  8. groze Win User

I thought Hololens would be a separate device that just uses either WiFi connection or an Ethernet connection. I don't think I could use Hololens because of my disability even if I could afford it. I hope that tested well, I would be I too scarred to test Hololens. I am still really good with computers configurations.

One time I had redhat, opensuse, Lubuntu, Fedora, windows 7 all on my system at the same time. I found out that Linux desktops options were the same across distros. I have tried more Linux disto that what I have mentioned.

groze, Jul 11, 2015
  9. I think it's not likely correct that as Windows 10 ages, that original builds will still be supported in perpetuity though. If you install Windows 10 this August on a DuoCore machine with 16 GB, that machine would receive updates and build improvements as long as that hardware supported it.

But sooner or later, let's say in 2019, a new Windows 10 build will arrive that absolutely requires a quad core CPU. So those of you who started off on a quad core? Great! You just continue along. I would suggest that the obsolete DuoCore user would be in a similar situation as a Windows 8.0 user is right now. You'll get security updates for a another year or so (maybe the extended time will be lengthened), but at some point you'll be urged to move to a compatible machine that can handle the newest generation of Windows 10.

I would really look at the MacOS X model as a guide.

Jody Thornton, Jul 11, 2015
  10. That's a possibility, some can't upgrade from 8.0 to 8.1 because of hardware requirements of 8.1. Updates won't or shouldn't be an issue, it's upgrades, depending on what they are? If they just don't install, and you continue to get security patches it wouldn't be the end of the world though. You'll still hear some people complain about it though. And cry that they are getting ripped off.

alphanumeric, Jul 11, 2015
  11. Geneo Win User
    Has Microsoft actually stated that? If so where? They can define that to be whatever they want.
    Not saying it you are not correct, but that is just based on an assumption of yours about what Microsoft means by the phrase, which we don't know yet.

Geneo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Free Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal - Similar Threads - Free Looks Terrible

2. Why is Microsoft So Terrible Now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft So Terrible Now?: Why is Microsoft such a steaming pile of bull hockey? It has gotten progressively worse and worse and yet my employers still mandate it. I'm considering killing myself or quitting my job, but first I wanted to check to see whether Microsoft was salvageable.Right now, I'm on...
  3. Looking for a good free antivirus for windows 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Looking for a good free antivirus for windows 10.: Is there a good free antivirus recommendable for Windows 10. Not sure if the Defender which comes with Windows 10 is good enough https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-a-good-free-antivirus-for-windows-10/40ab8912-55cb-403e-99b3-36f905e398c0
  4. The new movies & tv icon looks... terrible

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The new movies & tv icon looks... terrible: [ATTACH] Is there any way to roll back to the old icon? https://preview.redd.it/sa58nowj8rk41.jpg?width=104&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=1da67b88a7d1e105ad34305f4cb8f8620da20d04 submitted by /u/Trementation [link] [comments]...
  5. 30 FPS video looks terrible in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    30 FPS video looks terrible in fullscreen: I've been recording videos with my gopro at 4K 30 FPS. I download the clips on to my computer and when I view them in a small window on a 4k 60 Hz monitor, it looks great and smooth. However, when I put the video into fullscreen mode or simply increase the size of the window,...
  6. Uploaded photos to social media look terrible.

in Browsers and Email
    Uploaded photos to social media look terrible.: No matter what platform I try to post to for my business, the image looks horrible. LinkedIn, FB, IG- it doesn't matter. Just started after I upgraded to build 1903. Was working fine before that. Any one know what the heck could be causing this? As you can see, the image on...
  7. Newspaper looks terrible.

in Browsers and Email
    Newspaper looks terrible.: As you can see in the link,my newspaper look terrible in my browser edge.I had contact with the Publisher but they have no solution. With other browsers i have no problem.So,what is the problem here? http://users.telenet.be/solidjumbo/Foto/Krant.JPG 98821
  8. looking for a couple of tweaks for windows 10 free version

in Windows 10 Support
    looking for a couple of tweaks for windows 10 free version: Either a cmd file or registry tweak to:- 1) enable and disable UAC. In Gpedit.msc it is near the bottom and says use Administrator setting for all admin prompts or something and has to be set to disable to turn UAC off and enable to turn UAC on. A system restart is always...
  9. Free Windows 10 Not Such a Big Deal Anymore

in Windows 10 News
    Free Windows 10 Not Such a Big Deal Anymore: Windows 10 is work in progress at Microsoft, so it's pretty clear that not all details are available right now despite the avalanche of rumors that have reached our ears in the last couple of months. People close to the matter revealed earlier this year that Microsoft was...
  10. Looking for a super-deal on laptop, suggestions?

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for a super-deal on laptop, suggestions?: Notes: Looking for a solid performer that will last for years at a low price. No major gaming or 3d rendering, some usage of photoshop and dreamweaver, older games, a database application, outlook with fairly sizable mailbox, skype, excel, word, browsing, etc......