Windows 10: Free Windows 10 Upgrade for assistive technologies ends Jan. 16, 2018

Discus and support Free Windows 10 Upgrade for assistive technologies ends Jan. 16, 2018 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you use assistive technologies, you can upgrade to Windows 10 at no cost as Microsoft continues our efforts to improve the Windows 10 experience for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Free Windows 10 Upgrade for assistive technologies ends Jan. 16, 2018

Source: Windows 10 upgrade for assistive technology users

Brink, Oct 29, 2017
  2. Ztruker Win User

I wonder if MS will turn off free upgrades completely at that time?

:)

Ztruker, Oct 29, 2017
  3. Can I use a Windows 7 home basic product key to activate the windows 10?

The official Free upgrade offer ended on 28th July 2016 and the unofficial ended on 15th Jan 2018.

I think it is too late but it is worth a try

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 29, 2017
  4. Free Windows 10 Upgrade for assistive technologies ends Jan. 16, 2018

Free upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

Today 16-jan 2018 is last date to update your Windows free... and it has a digital activation licence key inbuld...

satishvishvakarma, Oct 29, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    Quite possibly. You can see the posts now - "I missed the deadline - is there any way I can get it free?"

I am just dying to answer "Yes - as a birthday present" - LOL.

cereberus, Oct 29, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Oddly, so far this announcement hasn't reached the EN-GB version of that page - it currently says...
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/acce...ndows10upgrade

7. Winuser Win User
    *cake *Party

Winuser, Oct 29, 2017
  8. Barman58 Win User

I've often wondered what actually qualifies as an Assistive Technology - Microsoft have never stated what the offer actually applies to. Now I am prescribed Glasses (Spectacles), for all Screen based reading, in addition to normal use, ( they are specifically ground to focus slightly farther than usual reading glasses for use on screens - Is this an Assistive technology?

This offer is something that I am not going to use as I have other legit sources for Windows, but would be interesting to know - Is there a definition of Assistive Technologies that is used In the US as there is nothing specific here in the UK that I am aware of

Barman58, Oct 29, 2017
  9. dencal Win User
    All revealed on link.
    Assistive technology - Wikipedia

dencal, Oct 29, 2017
  10. Dave44 Win User
    anyone can upgrade with that site to it stops

Dave44, Oct 29, 2017
  11. sygnus21 Win User
    I don't see why they wouldn't support the ones they gave away. I believe most of us are still supported so.... *Huh

Anyway you just won't be able to get the OS for free anymore (supposedly).

sygnus21, Oct 29, 2017
  12. Steve C Win User
    This discussion is somewhat academic since the normal upgrade route still works. I've just bought a cheap Windows 7 licence for an old PC and upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro FCU using the Media Creation Tool. Windows 10 shows as activated with a digital licence linked to my MS account.

Steve C, Oct 30, 2017
  13. cereberus Win User

The point is MS have positively signaled the free assistive upgrade is coming to an end. The normal free upgrade has continued unofficially. It would not make sense to dispense of assistive technology if normal unofficial free upgrades continued.

cereberus, Oct 30, 2017
  14. Bree New Member
    Precisely - MS may well decide/remember to turn off the unofficial free upgrade at the same time - that's why this discussion is of more than 'academic interest'.

15. Bree New Member
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/acce...ndows10upgrade Not any more - it now says Dec. 31st.

Thema:

1. Free Windows 10 Upgrade for assistive technologies ends Jan. 16, 2018 - Similar Threads - Free Upgrade assistive

2. When will the free upgrade for windows 11 end?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will the free upgrade for windows 11 end?: When will the free upgrade for windows 11 end?Please do not share link. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-the-free-upgrade-for-windows-11-end/5ea4b298-c9bf-4f8b-92aa-b88cc48cedfa
  3. When will the free upgrade for windows 11 end?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will the free upgrade for windows 11 end?: When will the free upgrade for windows 11 end?Please do not share link. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-the-free-upgrade-for-windows-11-end/5ea4b298-c9bf-4f8b-92aa-b88cc48cedfa
  4. Turning off Assistive Technology in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off Assistive Technology in Windows 10: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is notifying me that Assistive Technology is turned on in Windows 10 when I didn't even have any knowledge of turning this setting on. How would I turn off this setting in Windows 10?...
  5. Windows 10 upgrade - Assistive Technologies for Hearing impaired

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 upgrade - Assistive Technologies for Hearing impaired: I have 2 desktops. I upgraded one of them using the ISO I created when the free upgrade was available. However I did not upgrade the other desktop which is running Windows 7. Will Windows 10 still activate if I install from my ISO now?...
  6. New Microsoft Cortana Digital assistant 3.1.2.2437 for Android Jan. 16

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Cortana Digital assistant 3.1.2.2437 for Android Jan. 16: Fast, easy and fun to stay on top of work & life with your personal assistant Cortana! Bring your smart digital assistant to your phone to help keep track of the important stuff wherever you are, across your devices. Microsoft Cortana is your free smart digital assistant....
  7. Windows Update Jan 3/2018

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Jan 3/2018: January 3, 2018—KB4056892 (OS Build 16299.192) I have manually downloaded the Feb cumulative update that "fixed" the issues with this Jan update. For several days, all was well, however this Jan update is still trying to install everyday and telling me to reboot because it...
  8. How the FREE Activation works w/ ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGIES upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How the FREE Activation works w/ ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGIES upgrade: Does anyone know anything about Microsoft's"Windows 10 free upgrade for customers who use ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGIES"? The page only explain Microsofts commitment to help those in need and say the the upgrade is still available, it then there is UPGRADE NOW button at the...
  9. Assistive Technologies Upgrade Failed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Assistive Technologies Upgrade Failed?: I just tried to upgrade on my Windows 7 Pro 32bit through the Windows 10 upgrade using the "assistive technologies" and it did not work for some reason. It failed after about 45min of downloading and starting the install. I've done this before with another computer and it...
  10. Windows 10 free upgrade for customers who use assistive technologies

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 free upgrade for customers who use assistive technologies: For the general public, the free upgrade offer for Windows 10 ends on July 29. However, if you use assistive technologies, you can still get the free upgrade offer even after the general public deadline expires as Microsoft continues our efforts to improve the Windows 10...