Windows 10: Free windows 10 upgrade - reinstalled windows 10 and cant activate

Discus and support Free windows 10 upgrade - reinstalled windows 10 and cant activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello! Years ago I had win7 and got the free upgrade to win10. Some time ago my techsavy friend helped me change out some parts and reinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tosh-shibainu, May 21, 2020.

1. Free windows 10 upgrade - reinstalled windows 10 and cant activate

Hello!

Years ago I had win7 and got the free upgrade to win10. Some time ago my techsavy friend helped me change out some parts and reinstalled windows to wipe my computer to have a fresh canvas. I realized I couldnt activate my windows 10 back then because when I tried to log into my microsoft account on my pc it just kept telling me it was the wrong password. I basically gave up and lived with the "activate windows" in the corner.

Now im sick of it so I tried again, I'm now logged in on my pc with my microsoft account, but it tells me I still can't activate it.

I dont have a product key since this is a digital license, but still it's asking for a key?

I'm swedish, but I hope you can still tell what means what here.

Aktivering - Windows har inte aktiverats = Activation - Windows has not be activated

Free windows 10 upgrade - reinstalled windows 10 and cant activate f953d309-67e6-403e-b931-d5d38915b8f5?upload=true.png

Then below it tells me in red text that it cant activate because it cant connect to my organization's activationserver. This is strange too, since this is my personal computer, and I am connected to the internet. I'm the admin of the pc too.

Free windows 10 upgrade - reinstalled windows 10 and cant activate 93750b88-00df-4986-a8f2-bc4162f1e42d?upload=true.png

I blocked out my name and e-mail for privacy, but if it's necessary for me to show my e-mail i can do so.

Any ideas on what to do?

:)

tosh-shibainu, May 21, 2020

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, May 21, 2020
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Your ild keys should work but if you registered the key to your online ms persona (email address) it should be tied to your account , install without a key login with your credentials , then activate.

theoneandonlymrk, May 21, 2020
  4. Drone Win User

Free windows 10 upgrade - reinstalled windows 10 and cant activate

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

Like Pill Monster said no more Windows 10 keys for Insiders. It was on Microsoft Blog they said that all that stuff is tied to one machine. You can upgrade anytime but never make a clean install. Those people who upgraded from 7 or 8.1 to 10 can do a clean install of RTM and post-RTM builds. A friend of mine upgraded from RTM to 10533 or whatever the latest post-RTM build is (and it activated just fine).

After all MS isn't stupid to give Windows 10 for free.

Drone, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Free windows 10 upgrade - reinstalled windows 10 and cant activate

1. Free windows 10 upgrade - reinstalled windows 10 and cant activate - Similar Threads - Free upgrade reinstalled

2. windows 7/10 FREE upgrADE /ACTIVATION ERROR

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 7/10 FREE upgrADE /ACTIVATION ERROR: how do i activate windows 10 license on dell laptop that came with windows 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-710-free-upgrade-activation-error/47ecfa08-ee2d-4e80-b722-6410a906055b
  3. Windows 10 re-activation from free upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 re-activation from free upgrade: I had an old motherboard that came with Windows 7, and when Windows 10 was offered for existing Windows 7 users I upgraded to that. Now, I bought a new motherboard and am asked to activate windows 10, but when I try to activate it it says its unable to. My question is, will I...
  4. My Windows 10 Free Upgrade PC HD crashed - Free reinstall?

My Windows 10 Free Upgrade PC HD crashed - Free reinstall?: I have an old PC that had an OEM Windows 8 install (and i do have that product key) that died - My SSD completely crashed and I have to install a new hard drive and start over from scratch. I still have my old Windows 8 install discs and the product keys, but I don’t know...
  5. clean reinstall of windows 10 free upgrade

clean reinstall of windows 10 free upgrade: I had Windows 7 and had a problem with my pc randomly freezing then i upgraded to the free windows 10 and i still have the radom freezing can i do a clean reinstall of windows 10 by delete the partitions of my hard drive, formatting it then do a clean install of win 10, if so...
  6. cant activate my windows 10 after reinstallation

cant activate my windows 10 after reinstallation: was using windows 10 but system broke down .have fixed laptop but cant reactive the windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-my-windows-10-after-reinstallation/1b313321-dcac-461a-ac3e-e049055c832b"
  7. Windows 10 Free upgrade, Now reinstalling with Windows 7 Activation key

Windows 10 Free upgrade, Now reinstalling with Windows 7 Activation key: I bought windows 7, years ago and upgraded FOR FREE to windows 10 now. I need to reinstall windows on a new SSD and transfer everything over BUT I will only do a clean install no exceptions. So will my activation code still work for windows 10 I download it?...
  8. Windows 10 Free Upgrade - Activation.

Windows 10 Free Upgrade - Activation.: So, many Windows 7 and 8.1 users started getting the notification to reserve their free copies of Windows 10. But what about those insiders who clean installed the Insider Preview? (Not upgraded from an existing system). How will activation work? Gabe Aul said on...
  9. windows 10 reinstallation issues (free upgrade)

windows 10 reinstallation issues (free upgrade): To start, this has been a long and ugly journey for me. I'm at a point where I'm about to give up. My computer is a three-year old Toshiba laptop with a 64bit processcor and a 32 bit OS, 6GB. It came pre-installed with Windows 8.1, and after much badgering from MS, I...
  10. Windows 10 Reinstallation in case of computer crash for free upgraded

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Reinstallation in case of computer crash for free upgraded: Hi, Please guide me to thread or link which provides information as how we can make ISO file or Windows Image file for re-installation in case computer crashes for free upgrade users. Thanks 11191

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 free upgrade reinstall cannot activate