Windows 10: Free Windows 8 to Windows 10 Upgrade Useless, PC Makers...

Discus and support Free Windows 8 to Windows 10 Upgrade Useless, PC Makers... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Personally, I don't understand why this upgrade issue is so important. First of all, I've never upgraded - I either buy a PC or build a PC, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Oct 5, 2014.

1. unifex Win User

Free Windows 8 to Windows 10 Upgrade Useless, PC Makers...

Personally, I don't understand why this upgrade issue is so important. First of all, I've never upgraded - I either buy a PC or build a PC, then install whatever OS I want and keep it there until the machine is retired. I just don't see why would I need to put a new OS on the old machine. Now, buying a new machine ... I never cared for what comes pre-installed and if I build, then nothing is pre-installed. Now, where do I get the OS? Well, there are plenty of ways to get it without buying a retail version - the simplest way is to get it from the University for free. Yes, not everyone's employer gives away software, but there are so many discount channels, that I don't even know what a "full retail price' is.

Now you see why I will not "upgrade" my 7 to the new 10. Perhaps in a couple of years when it's time to build a new machine, I will think about it. Although nothing in this preview impresses me enough to make that change.

unifex, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Free Windows 8 to Windows 10 Upgrade Useless, PC Makers...

1. Free Windows 8 to Windows 10 Upgrade Useless, PC Makers... - Similar Threads - Free Upgrade Useless

2. can I upgrade windows 8 to windows 10 for free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I upgrade windows 8 to windows 10 for free: can I upgrade windows 8 to windows 10 for free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-windows-8-to-windows-10-for-free/fcbe425a-6e79-41bb-9100-5b9d444f5534
  3. can I upgrade windows 8 to windows 10 for free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can I upgrade windows 8 to windows 10 for free: can I upgrade windows 8 to windows 10 for free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-windows-8-to-windows-10-for-free/fcbe425a-6e79-41bb-9100-5b9d444f5534
  4. what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?: what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?According to what i have found, MY PC should be able to accommodate the upgrade as it has a 1.8 GHz Processor, 6GB of Ram, 64 Bit processor and 700 GB HD....
  5. what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?

what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?: what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?According to what i have found, MY PC should be able to accommodate the upgrade as it has a 1.8 GHz Processor, 6GB of Ram, 64 Bit processor and 700 GB HD....
  6. what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10: When Windows 10 was released I was given the opportunity to upgrade from my Windows 8 which I did !I now find I cannot get any updates and am consistently asked to provide my Activation Key or my Digital Licence Key, I don't have either of those.Where do I go from Here ?...
  8. Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10: When Windows 10 was released I was given the opportunity to upgrade from my Windows 8 which I did !I now find I cannot get any updates and am consistently asked to provide my Activation Key or my Digital Licence Key, I don't have either of those.Where do I go from Here ?...
  9. Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10

10. can i upgrade windows 8 to windows 10 for free?

in Windows 10 Customization
    can i upgrade windows 8 to windows 10 for free?: can i upgrade windows 8 to windows 10 for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/can-i-upgrade-windows-8-to-windows-10-for-free/4a634a0a-4e9e-4db7-912b-c7b736d86f30