Windows 10: Free Windows to Go 0 good way of testing new builds

Discus and support Free Windows to Go 0 good way of testing new builds in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi folks especially now with really fast NMVe->USBC adapters it's worth looking again at using a Free Windows to GO system for testing a lot of new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Mar 6, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Free Windows to Go 0 good way of testing new builds

Hi folks
    especially now with really fast NMVe->USBC adapters it's worth looking again at using a Free Windows to GO system for testing a lot of new builds -- even with standard SSD->USB3 adapters the Windows to Go system gives really good response values -- I've even ran 3 VM's on this too.

It's an old post of around 4 months back but it's well worth having another look -- especially as there are some really cheap SSD drives around now and it saves messing about changing / restoring a current laptop for Windows new builds

Create Free Windows to Go system on ext USB/SSD disks (UEFI system)

This is a fully 100% run from external device - you don't even need an HDD in the main computer at all and this is a W10 system -not a WinPE version so you can install whatever in the usual way and update at will.

The difference between that and the VIboot Virtual image is that this isn't a Virtual machine and doesn't need HYPER-V so it will work on W10 HOME editions too.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 6, 2021

2. Test mode Windows 10 Pro Build 10240

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have issues with applications after installing Windows 10. We will help you to resolve the issue.

Since you are in Build 10240, I suggest you to update Windows to the latest Build 10525 and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I also suggest you to run the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Please refer the response created by Andre Da Costa (MVP, Community Moderator & Wiki Author) given below.

Windows 10 Test Mode watermark

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 6, 2021
  3. New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Mar 6, 2021
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Free Windows to Go 0 good way of testing new builds :p

cadaveca, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Free Windows to Go 0 good way of testing new builds - Similar Threads - Free testing builds

2. Microsoft is testing a new "Open With" prompt in latest Windows 11 build

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is testing a new "Open With" prompt in latest Windows 11 build: Microsoft released Windows 11 build 25151 this week. The development build includes some features that may be integrated in the 2023 feature update for Windows 11. [ATTACH] One of the changes in the new version affects the operating system's open with dialog. The prompt is...
  3. any good and free photoshop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    any good and free photoshop?: i want to know if there is any good and free photshop since i have to use it fo school next year submitted by /u/vision2310 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lc84ao/any_good_and_free_photoshop/
  4. Is Microsoft a good way to spend time on while going afk on minecraft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Microsoft a good way to spend time on while going afk on minecraft?: Hi, i thought to ask this, is microsoft rewards a good way to spend time while waiting for mobs to spawn in my sky mob spawners? I want to ask this cause i useually play minecraft on my xbox and microsoft rewards when i am not playing on my laptop/phone. Thanks....
  5. Good free Music Maker?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Good free Music Maker?: Halo, I wanted to try something new, and decided to do something with music, e.g. making my own soundtracks etc. Examples: Main Menu Music from a game, or simply soundtracks. Do you know of such a program? (Windows 10) Thanks in advance. Guter kostenlose Music Maker?
  6. External Windows 10 test drive, good idea?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External Windows 10 test drive, good idea?: As a Mac technician, I found it very useful to boot from an external macOS test volume, best on an SSD. What about trying this for PCs too? I thought I may install Windows 10 on an external SSD on each machine I need to test (since driver incompatibility wouldnt allow a...
  7. Is there a way to make my memory go down for good?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make my memory go down for good?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/someone-mysterious [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eh0dll/is_there_a_way_to_make_my_memory_go_down_for_good/
  8. Virtual to Physical -- easy way (good also for insider builds etc)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual to Physical -- easy way (good also for insider builds etc): Hi folks For those having trouble installing insider builds / updating them etc due to miscellaneous errors (mobo, drivers etc etc) here's a suggestion I've found that invariably works. (Backup existing system first of course !!!). 1) Create the relevant iso for the build...
  9. Is There A Good Free File Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is There A Good Free File Manager?: I need help organising some files. I have a directory of some 6000 pdf files. I need them organised by author, which is in the filename. I'm currently going down the list, finding an author with 50 or more to his name, creating a folder by that name and then selecting all...
  10. What is a good free antivirus or free trial ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is a good free antivirus or free trial ?: I have tried four and all four have tried one way or another to screw up my computer either they mess with the start up or try to dismantle my webcam these antivirus security programs do more damage than viruses. these programs have cost me money to repair my laptop and one...