Windows 10: Free with W10 - Fable Legends. RPG or WTF?

Discus and support Free with W10 - Fable Legends. RPG or WTF? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So while Fable Legends doesn't come preinstalled with W10, MS is saying that it will be free to W10 users (free PC game only on W10). They're also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by crimson, Oct 28, 2015.

1. crimson Win User

Free with W10 - Fable Legends. RPG or WTF?

So while Fable Legends doesn't come preinstalled with W10, MS is saying that it will be free to W10 users (free PC game only on W10).

They're also saying it's an RPG like its predecessors. However, every preview I've seen shows something completely different. It's seems to be more of a moba-style competitive game. But a new 1 vs 4 type battle. I guess similar to Sword Coast (which I also don't really understand)? This means that players queue up to play, and the battle commences. Meaning the only RPG elements would be some swort of level progression through a story line. But the game play itself seems to be more of a moba/rts type. And like, LoL, the champions you play with cycle out. So you could only play your champion for 2 weeks before it rotates and becomes available for the next 2 weeks in which you would have to play a different champion.

When very first heard about a new Fable game, I was looking forward to something like how previous Fables used to be. I have a character, and I go on my RPG adventure exploring an open world, and doing quests. In an open world. Not battling in some kind of closed map arena, winning a competition, and progressing to the next level/closed map.

Aside from all the gameplay previews I've seen, it's still being advertised as an RPG. So I'm a bit confused. Hopefully somebody can clear things up.

:)

crimson, Oct 28, 2015

2. Fable Legends - Windows 10 download folder?

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

I would suggest you to uninstall the Fable Legends game filessoftware from the programs and features option under Control panel Window.

Let's try to follow these steps to uninstall the Fable Legends game files
    software:

1. Press Windows key + R, to get the RUN command.

2. In RUN command Window, type control.

3. The Control Panel appears, then go to programs and features option.

4. In the programs and features option, go to the Uninstall or change a program and then, you can uninstall
    the Fable Legends game files software.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Oct 28, 2015
  3. Nic727 Win User
    Cancellation of Fable Legends/dismissal of Lionhead Studios and petition for a reversal of the decision

I signed the petition long time ago from FL forum. Also people can still buy Fable Legends artbook and two sountrack albums (not on MS store).

Microsoft didnt post a clear reason of this stupid decision. For me Fable Legends is the Best game of 2016. I'm playing the beta and for me :

- Best stories

- Best characters

- Best gameplay

- Best teamwork

- Best graphics

#SaveFableLegends #SaveLionhead

Nic727, Oct 28, 2015
  4. TheZeeMan Win User

I am in the same boat as you. I am hoping that cartoon crap they created is only for like an online portion or something and offline, it's normal fable, but I have my doubts...everyone seems to think people like these "free" games, but they are garbage, microtransactions and advertisements...those "free" games need to stick to the mobile world and stop trying to populate the computer world.

TheZeeMan, Oct 29, 2015
  5. crimson Win User
    I talked to many people. It's not a real open world RPG. Nor is it like Diablo. It's much more in line with a MOBA vs RTS type game such as Sword Coast Legends. It's basically a competitive game. Similar to many MOBAs, you get a character that you can use to fight with. It only lasts until it rotates out. Unless you pay for it.

Basically it's sort of a co-op and competition. One person controls the villain. And multiple players control the heroes that fight the villain. There's level progression and RPG story elements. But the answer to the original question is no. It's not a real open-world RPG.

crimson, Nov 20, 2015
  6. TheZeeMan Win User
    Ugh they are going to ruin Fable...unless this is just to tie us over until Fable 4 comes out...nevertheless, I'd rather they make Fable 1,2,3 backwards compatible in the meantime. *Smile

TheZeeMan, Nov 20, 2015
  7. MrNeeds Win User
    Would you expect anything less from Peter Molyneux?

MrNeeds, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Free with W10 - Fable Legends. RPG or WTF? - Similar Threads - Free W10 Fable

2. Fable 2 and Fable 3 on Steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fable 2 and Fable 3 on Steam: Fable 1 and Fable Anniversary have been on Steam for awhile now but still no sign of Fable 2 or Fable 3. Please Microsoft Publishers add them to steam. The Fable games are my favorite games of all time and I really want to be able to play them on handheld. I will gladly pay...
  3. Fable 2 and Fable 3 on Steam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fable 2 and Fable 3 on Steam: Fable 1 and Fable Anniversary have been on Steam for awhile now but still no sign of Fable 2 or Fable 3. Please Microsoft Publishers add them to steam. The Fable games are my favorite games of all time and I really want to be able to play them on handheld. I will gladly pay...
  4. wtf

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wtf: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/kp3aug7v53y71.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=ed480f7aa83c0ccf43c2d7e1724ac9c25f55fcb4 submitted by /u/ARA-v2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/qofd1x/wtf/
  5. Fable 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fable 3: i Just bought Fable 3 and its saying xlive.dll is missing i downloaded the file and i put it in the destination specified and restated the computer and its still giving me that error i do i proceed please help...
  6. Upgrade To W10....For Free

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade To W10....For Free: It may be a dumb question, but I have recently read that you can still upgrade from W7 to W10, for FREE?.....is this correct, despite the free upgrade supposedly ending about four years ago......I have an old laptop that was last used about TEN years ago, and am trying to...
  7. Fable 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fable 3: I have a retail-bought copy of Fable 3, Games for Windows Live PC DVD, not on steam, but aphysical copy with Microsoft Product Key. I'm currently running on Windows 10. What happened to Windows Live? I have searched high and low throughout the internet for solutions to the...
  8. FABLE!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FABLE!: Microsoft should release the fable game editors/engines for 1 2 and 3 with a fable 2 pc port for steam. Also the early Fable Ego builds would be so amazing do it!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fable/22a05482-59d8-41df-bada-eeb113eec434
  9. fable 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fable 3: I just bought Fable III today and I installed it and get the following window message: Games for Windows - LIVE must verify the release date of your game. Please make sure that your comupter is connected to the internet. No personal information will be sent to Microsoft....
  10. Download Lost Odyssey, the Japanese RPG Classic, Free for Limited Time

in Windows 10 News
    Download Lost Odyssey, the Japanese RPG Classic, Free for Limited Time: [img] In celebration of the Xbox One Backward Compatibility catalog exceeding 300 games, we have a very special gift to all our Xbox fans. For a limited time, you can download the classic Xbox 360 role playing game Lost Odyssey for free. Yes, for free! Play it now on...