Windows 10: freeing up internal storage

Discus and support freeing up internal storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I transfer apps over to a sd card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by emt1324, Nov 25, 2018.

1. emt1324 Win User

freeing up internal storage

How can I transfer apps over to a sd card

:)

emt1324, Nov 25, 2018

2. Regarding internal storage

Hello

I am using Microsoft Lumia 640 XL lte with 8gb internal stoarge. Out of this I only had some system given apps along with whats app. Now whats app is showing low internal storage. when i check my storage settings it showing temporary files 1.28 GB. Can I
    delete these so that my memory will be free. Suggest me to overcome this problem.

Thanks

Anil kumar G.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

anil Kumargodithi, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Can't Free Up Storage OnHP Stream 11 Running Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to delete the temporary files and free up the storage space on Windows 10 Operating System, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10

Step 2: I suggest you to check the storage capacity of each of the drives in
    Windows Explorer.

• Press Windows key, type This PC, select it.
    • Right click on each of the drives and click on Properties.
    • Also, you can perform Disk Cleanup from the
      Step 2
      as well.
    • Select the files to be delete on each of the drives.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 25, 2018
  4. freeing up internal storage

Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

freeing up internal storage

1. freeing up internal storage - Similar Threads - freeing internal storage

2. How to clean Internal Storage Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to clean Internal Storage Files: I know that my OneDrive account has over 300 GB data, which was collected when usingthe OneDrive App for Android. But I find 10 GB data in internal storage in the Storage section of my Galaxy Android phone. How can I delete that 10 GB without reinstalling the app? Thank you...
  3. Using Cloud storage to free up space on my laptop

Using Cloud storage to free up space on my laptop: How do I delete a folder on my local hard drive but preserve a copy in the cloud using Onedrive? My hardrive is getting full but I may need some of the information again....
  4. I can never free up enough storage space!

I can never free up enough storage space!: I want to delete all of my files from this computer but I keeps telling me I need more space. I've done everything I can think of and have uninstalled everything I can but it's still not enough and now I just have an empty laptop that somehow is full to the brim. Please...
  5. disk storage: freeing up space

disk storage: freeing up space: Microsoft: In the change how free up space automatically, I had 3.08 GB of space freed up. But it dropped down to 3.06 GB. I managed to free up space and it went up to 3.07 but now, it dropped down to 2.73 GB. What happened there? Is it a bug or is that normal or what is...
  6. freeing up storage for laptop

freeing up storage for laptop: I need to free up storage for windows 10 updates. which older updates can I uninstall safely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freeing-up-storage-for-laptop/7a0e8fbd-4b9e-4a14-95c3-193777244ce9"
  7. freeing up storage space to speed up my comp.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    freeing up storage space to speed up my comp.: just upgraded pc from win.8.1 to win. 10 home works great but need to speed it up cause have a lot of stuff not being used for along time. nit backed all up on the upgrade...
  8. Free up storage space does not reduce the storage used for photos application.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free up storage space does not reduce the storage used for photos application.: I've selected free up storage space for all of my files on the One Drive application but have run out of room on my SSD as a result of photos stored in the photos application. I appreciate advice on how to minimize the storage size required on my SSD for the Microsoft...
  9. How do I utilize OneDrive for freeing up storage space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I utilize OneDrive for freeing up storage space?: I have a lot of photos on Dropbox and wanted to switch them over to OneDrive, as my Dropbox was full and I have unlimited OneDrive space so I may as well utilize it, but after moving everything over, all the photos are showing up in the OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer....
  10. Free Up Disk Space Now with Storage Sense in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Free Up Disk Space Now with Storage Sense in Windows 10: How to: Free Up Disk Space Now with Storage Sense in Windows 10 How to Free Up Disk Space Now with Storage Sense in Windows 10 If you have storage sense turned on in Storage settings, Windows can automatically free up space by getting rid of files you don't need, like...