Windows 10: freeing up internal storage

Discus and support freeing up internal storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I transfer apps over to a sd card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by emt1324, Nov 25, 2018.

1. emt1324 Win User

freeing up internal storage

How can I transfer apps over to a sd card

:)

emt1324, Nov 25, 2018

2. Regarding internal storage

Hello

I am using Microsoft Lumia 640 XL lte with 8gb internal stoarge. Out of this I only had some system given apps along with whats app. Now whats app is showing low internal storage. when i check my storage settings it showing temporary files 1.28 GB. Can I
    delete these so that my memory will be free. Suggest me to overcome this problem.

Thanks

Anil kumar G.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

anil Kumargodithi, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Can't Free Up Storage OnHP Stream 11 Running Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to delete the temporary files and free up the storage space on Windows 10 Operating System, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10

Step 2: I suggest you to check the storage capacity of each of the drives in
    Windows Explorer.

• Press Windows key, type This PC, select it.
    • Right click on each of the drives and click on Properties.
    • Also, you can perform Disk Cleanup from the
      Step 2
      as well.
    • Select the files to be delete on each of the drives.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 25, 2018
  4. freeing up internal storage

Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

freeing up internal storage

1. freeing up internal storage - Similar Threads - freeing internal storage

2. Free up storage usage of "Other People"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free up storage usage of "Other People": How do I free up my storage from "Other People", when I check and there are no "Other People"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-storage-usage-of-other-people/d4763bb4-4620-4266-a339-cb7d32ed17a2
  3. My storage wont free up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My storage wont free up: When I delete a big file on my c drive my storage doesn't free upI checked how much the space free was leftAnd it was still the same number and won't go up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-storage-wont-free-up/bbe241f9-d43e-4f5a-9928-9cb1ad0e3d94
  4. My storage wont free up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My storage wont free up: When I delete a big file on my c drive my storage doesn't free upI checked how much the space free was leftAnd it was still the same number and won't go up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-storage-wont-free-up/bbe241f9-d43e-4f5a-9928-9cb1ad0e3d94
  5. My storage wont free up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Free up storage space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free up storage space: Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place, but I just wasn't sure where else to put this. My laptop has barely any storage space left, and that's because 174 gigabytes of it are being used by apps. The problem is, I don't have many apps with large sizes, I just have tons of apps...
  7. How to move apps to free up storage

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move apps to free up storage: I am running out of storage on drive C:, severely so. Within storage settings in Windows 10 there is a list of Apps & features. Within that there are two icons to MOVE or UNINSTALL apps. My MOVE icon is grayed out and does not function. How can I re-activate that icon so I...
  8. Internal Storage

Internal Storage: Hello, I recently purchased a 1TB internal storage laptop for my nephews and I wanted to know why the storage has been divided to two? 500GB to each one of us. Can I give more storage for him since he will be the one who will be using this more than me for his school. Or is...
  9. disk storage: freeing up space

disk storage: freeing up space: Microsoft: In the change how free up space automatically, I had 3.08 GB of space freed up. But it dropped down to 3.06 GB. I managed to free up space and it went up to 3.07 but now, it dropped down to 2.73 GB. What happened there? Is it a bug or is that normal or what is...
  10. freeing up storage for laptop

freeing up storage for laptop: I need to free up storage for windows 10 updates. which older updates can I uninstall safely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freeing-up-storage-for-laptop/7a0e8fbd-4b9e-4a14-95c3-193777244ce9"