Windows 10: Freeing up memory

Discus and support Freeing up memory in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, What is the best why to free up memory,when all I have is 30G all in. My system takes up's 15G, and the rest uses around 8/10G. I've deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chillz34, Aug 31, 2019.

1. chillz34 Win User

Freeing up memory

Hi all,

What is the best why to free up memory,when all I have is 30G all in. My system takes up's 15G, and the rest uses around 8/10G. I've deleted all photos/games/unwanted files etc, but I still don't have enough to download the latest updates.

I've tried to plug in an external hard drive to no avail. Any HELP will be appreciated .

Thank you

W

:)

chillz34, Aug 31, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 31, 2019
  3. There is not enough free memory on your device to synchronize information. Close programs that are running to free up memory, or restart the device.

All of a sudden my HTC P3470 doesn't synchronize anymore. The message in Windows Mobile is:There is not enough free memory on your device to synchronize information. Close programs that are running to free up memory, or restart the device.

However, if I check the memory there seems to be plenty of memory available:

• Storage: Total 141.96; In use 40,84; Free 101.12 Mb
    • Program: Total 107.24; In use 33.34; Free 73.90
    • Storage card: 7782.50; In use 2171.44; Free 5611.06
    What have I done so far to solve the problem?

• In the 'Running programs" list I have stopped programs but Active Sync.
    • I restarted my device
    • I restarted my laptop computer
    • I removed the synchronization relation from my device.
    • After creating a new synchronization relation I un-checked all options for the synchronizing content, except the calender, and tried again.
    Nothing worked so far. Anybody any suggestions?

With kind regards,

J.L. Swarte, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Freeing up memory

Memory issues

Thank you for updating us. We suggest that you run the Memory Diagnostics Tool, this is to check your system for memory problems. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and type memory in the search bar.
    • Click on Diagnose computer memory problems to open it.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Freeing up memory

1. Freeing up memory - Similar Threads - Freeing memory

2. Windows10 Activation message appears 2 or 3 years after my Windows7 free Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows10 Activation message appears 2 or 3 years after my Windows7 free Upgrade: I have an OEM Windows7 on this Toshiba Laptop which was upgraded for free to Windows10 in 2017. Suddenly and recently the Activate Windows watermark came up. Many hours of troubleshooting later Microsoft Support are telling me I have to revert to Windows7 or go and buy...
  3. Virtualbox Edge on Windows 10 VMs (free ones)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtualbox Edge on Windows 10 VMs (free ones): I recently downloaded the Windows 10 Edge vm to install into VirtualBox. By default it has 40GB of disk space and I used VBoxManage (virtual box path command) to increase that size on the default vmdk to 80GB and import it as a vdi. For some reason though the Windows VM still...
  4. Accounts/freeing up memory. Not displaying other people accounts for deletion/removal.

Accounts/freeing up memory. Not displaying other people accounts for deletion/removal.: not displaying other people accounts for deletion/removal * Original title: accounts/frreing up memory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accountsfreeing-up-memory-not-displaying-other/ac76ce4d-3003-4d41-a0ec-835688ecf35c"
  5. i want to play fortnite but says not enough video memory... what do i do to free up video...

i want to play fortnite but says not enough video memory... what do i do to free up video...: I want to play fortnite but it says, error not can't load resolution due to video memory try closing all other applications and anything else running in the background... so I did but when I load it up it appeared again I restarted and it said it again and now I don't know...
  6. Can't do updates b/c free memory at 200mb have no memory by apps or files but updates say...

Can't do updates b/c free memory at 200mb have no memory by apps or files but updates say...: I keep trying to free memory but free memory just getting smaller I can't tell if upkeep piling up or is smaller free memory keeping updates out Is there any way to force updates or just delete them and get new copies later?...
  7. how do I free up memory ? Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do I free up memory ? Windows 10: Have been running photoshop cc with no problems until now but says not enough ram Help to free up ram thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-do-i-free-up-memory-windows-10/bd360275-ebd3-4578-ac1b-f80a95d05e36
  8. [Question] Clearing Standby memory when free memory reaches some level

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [Question] Clearing Standby memory when free memory reaches some level: Since i'm a PC Gamer, i'm having a lot of troubles with the Standby memory 'stealing' my free memory numbers. So, i have a question: Is there any software for Win 10 that automatically clears the standby memory when Free memory reaches, for example, 100mb ? I know the task...
  9. Windows complains it's running out of memory with 6 GB free

Windows complains it's running out of memory with 6 GB free: My PC has 16 GB which I think should be enough to run a game and a video editing program concurrently but Windows complains it's running out of memory anyway with 6 GB free. I'm not making Pixar animations so I don't want to hear about how studio machines have 128 GB of...
  10. Out of Memory with plenty free????

Out of Memory with plenty free????: OK, I've got a decent PC here, but since the latest Windows Update and Nvidia driver update, I'm having a bit of an issue. Randomly, I will get an error that Windows is running out of memory and that I should close some programs to free RAM. Sadly, I usually have over...