Windows 10: Freeing up space on C Drive Windows 10

Discus and support Freeing up space on C Drive Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried Ccleaner. File scan. Storage Sense. Malware scan. Virus scan. Optimize c Drive. None of it worked all that well. I don't want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KarenKnipper, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Freeing up space on C Drive Windows 10

I have tried Ccleaner.

File scan.

Storage Sense.

Malware scan.

Virus scan.

Optimize c Drive.

None of it worked all that well.

I don't want to partition, etc. I am afraid I will mess it up.

There was a simple solution I saw a while ago, but I can't seem to find in on the forum.

It was a command. I only remember a q being in the string of letters.

Any help?

:)

KarenKnipper, Jun 30, 2020

2. My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)

• My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)
    • I am unable to install the update,
    • I suspect the windows 10 need this much space and it is some kind of glitch,
    • Please suggest a way to free up some space as I don't prefer to format partition C:

letmeguess, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    How to free up space on my C: drive?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to try the steps in the following article to free up space and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/free-up-drive-space

Warning:

Make sure you back all the important files before deleting to avoid data loss.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Freeing up space on C Drive Windows 10

Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (CFreeing up space on C Drive Windows 10 :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Freeing up space on C Drive Windows 10

1. Freeing up space on C Drive Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Freeing space Drive

2. Freeing up space on C: drive with symbolic links

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Freeing up space on C: drive with symbolic links: My C: drive is a 106GB SSD and I'm running out of space. I found that a few files like appdata and program files were taking up a lot of space. I heard that you can use symbolic links to save some space. I read a bit online and was confused on how to do this. Would I copy the...
  3. Freeing up space on C: drive with symbolic links

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freeing up space on C: drive with symbolic links: My C: drive is a 106GB SSD and I'm running out of space. I found that a few files like appdata and program files were taking up a lot of space. I heard that you can use symbolic links to save some space. I read a bit online and was confused on how to do this. Would I copy the...
  4. Freeing up space on C: drive with symbolic links

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Freeing space on C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freeing space on C drive: Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1110 I am trying to free up space on my C drive which is a 500Gb SSD. I install all programs to my 2Tb HD. Windirstat tells me Tom Tom the sat nav takes up 153 Gb on my C drive. So I want to uninstall it. Windows said it was uninstalling it from...
  6. Freeing up space on C:

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freeing up space on C:: Is there a simple app that'll show what paths on C: contain all the data? My C: is 230GB and 192GB is used. 5GB is in C:\Users\Me\AppData. Can some (what?) be safely deleted? Thanks. Using Win 10.0.19041.964 180693
  7. Freeing up space on C:

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeing up space on C:: Is there a simple app that'll show what paths on C: contain all the data? My C: is 230GB and 192GB is used. 5GB is in C:\Users\Me\AppData. Can some (what?) be safely deleted? Thanks. Using Win 10.0.19041.964 180693
  8. Free up drive space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Free up drive space: I'm in settings trying to remove disk space to Free up drive space and it has been over an hour and still is not done. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-drive-space/6444bfde-0eb1-4c41-a966-7bf7ca496634"
  9. Freeing up space in Windows (C:)

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeing up space in Windows (C:): I am getting errors saying that I do not have any storage left, so I looked and my windows (C) drive is full ( 665MB free of 118 GB) but my DATA (D) drive still has a lot of storage space (876 GB free of 913 GB). I have changed the defaults to now save new things to (D) but I...
  10. Free Up Drive Space in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Free Up Drive Space in Windows 10: How to: Free Up Drive Space in Windows 10 How to Free Up Drive Space in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC is running low on storage, here are a few ways to free up some drive space. You can pick and choose from within the options below that best fits your needs....