Windows 10: Freeing up space on C Drive Windows 10

Discus and support Freeing up space on C Drive Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried Ccleaner. File scan. Storage Sense. Malware scan. Virus scan. Optimize c Drive. None of it worked all that well. I don't want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KarenKnipper, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Freeing up space on C Drive Windows 10

I have tried Ccleaner.

File scan.

Storage Sense.

Malware scan.

Virus scan.

Optimize c Drive.

None of it worked all that well.

I don't want to partition, etc. I am afraid I will mess it up.

There was a simple solution I saw a while ago, but I can't seem to find in on the forum.

It was a command. I only remember a q being in the string of letters.

Any help?

:)

KarenKnipper, Jun 30, 2020

2. My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)

• My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)
    • I am unable to install the update,
    • I suspect the windows 10 need this much space and it is some kind of glitch,
    • Please suggest a way to free up some space as I don't prefer to format partition C:

letmeguess, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    How to free up space on my C: drive?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to try the steps in the following article to free up space and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/free-up-drive-space

Warning:

Make sure you back all the important files before deleting to avoid data loss.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Freeing up space on C Drive Windows 10

Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (CFreeing up space on C Drive Windows 10 :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Freeing up space on C Drive Windows 10

1. Freeing up space on C Drive Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Freeing space Drive

2. Something is eating up my C-drives free space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something is eating up my C-drives free space: Drive #1 - Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB 232 GB C: I'm able to find 50GB of files when I check, but I only have about 10GB of free space. I turned off hibernation, which gave me another 20GB. This was 4 days ago. Now I have about 10GB free space. My C-drive is the OS only,...
  3. My C Drive is getting full and how to free up C Drive space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My C Drive is getting full and how to free up C Drive space?: I don't want to use cleanup tool to free up C Drive space and I want to get more details about the useless files on C Drive. For example, I want to know what kind of files can be deleted without any negative effect. What is the location of junk files and how and why do they...
  4. Freeing up space on hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Freeing up space on hard drive.: Hi , I need too free up space on my hard drive. Seems other users account for 154 gb I have no other users. In manage my account it only gives me the option to add family friends. How do I delete the other users and free up space? Any help will be appreciated ta...
  5. C Drive losing free space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    C Drive losing free space: Hello, I have a new laptop. On 17/08/19, C:\ had 85GB free space out of 117 GB total. Every week, it is losing about 5GB free space, and currently stands at 66.7 GB. I do not understand why free space should be lost. Can someone please help? Here are salient items of...
  6. C Drive losing free space

in Windows 10 Support
    C Drive losing free space: Hello, I have a new laptop. On 17/08/19, C:\ had 85GB free space out of 117 GB total. Every week, it is losing about 5GB free space, and currently stands at 66.7 GB. I do not understand why free space should be lost. Can someone please help? Here are salient items of...
  7. Free up drive space

Free up drive space: I'm in settings trying to remove disk space to Free up drive space and it has been over an hour and still is not done. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-drive-space/6444bfde-0eb1-4c41-a966-7bf7ca496634"
  8. need to free space on C: drive...Windows.old??

need to free space on C: drive...Windows.old??: hi...have been trying to free up space on my C: drive and the only thing I see that's taking up space is Windows. Old...Had to reset my laptop and it won't let me delete or move Windows.old...what can I do? Have a 15GB flash drive connected, can I move it to the flash drive...
  9. Freeing up space in Windows (C:)

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeing up space in Windows (C:): I am getting errors saying that I do not have any storage left, so I looked and my windows (C) drive is full ( 665MB free of 118 GB) but my DATA (D) drive still has a lot of storage space (876 GB free of 913 GB). I have changed the defaults to now save new things to (D) but I...
  10. Free Up Drive Space in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Free Up Drive Space in Windows 10: How to: Free Up Drive Space in Windows 10 How to Free Up Drive Space in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC is running low on storage, here are a few ways to free up some drive space. You can pick and choose from within the options below that best fits your needs....