Windows 10: Freeing up space on C:

Discus and support Freeing up space on C: in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is there a simple app that'll show what paths on C: contain all the data? My C: is 230GB and 192GB is used. 5GB is in C:\Users\Me\AppData. Can some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by James1093, Jun 8, 2021.

1. James1093 Win User

Freeing up space on C:

Is there a simple app that'll show what paths on C: contain all the data? My C: is 230GB and 192GB is used. 5GB is in C:\Users\Me\AppData. Can some (what?) be safely deleted? Thanks. Using Win 10.0.19041.964

:)

James1093, Jun 8, 2021

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jun 8, 2021
  3. My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)

• My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)
    • I am unable to install the update,
    • I suspect the windows 10 need this much space and it is some kind of glitch,
    • Please suggest a way to free up some space as I don't prefer to format partition C:

letmeguess, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Ruz San Win User

Freeing up space on C:

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CFreeing up space on C: :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

Freeing up space on C:

1. Freeing up space on C: - Similar Threads - Freeing space

2. Can't "Remove everything" because there isn't enough free space?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't "Remove everything" because there isn't enough free space?: My mum has given me a laptop she no longer uses which is running very slowly. I want to do a complete factory reset so that everything is wiped, as if I'd just bough to from the store. There are no files that I want to back up or anything like that. After searching for a...
  3. Disk Clean-up Doesn't Free as Much Space as it Says

Disk Clean-up Doesn't Free as Much Space as it Says: I ran Disk Clean-Up which said it could free up around 5.8GB if I agreed to delete Windows Update leftovers. I agreed and it churned for a while then said it was done. I checked free space on C: and found it had freed up...around 1GB! Has anyone else noticed this sort of...
  4. Freeing up space on C:

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeing up space on C:: Is there a simple app that'll show what paths on C: contain all the data? My C: is 230GB and 192GB is used. 5GB is in C:\Users\Me\AppData. Can some (what?) be safely deleted? Thanks. Using Win 10.0.19041.964 180693
  5. Local C taking free space

Local C taking free space: After updating to 21h1 version on Windows 10 Pro local C is taking space day by day with 1-2 Gb , I don’t know why , how can I fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-c-taking-free-space/aabb4945-417a-4521-a526-fb95aa29cc10
  6. Free space hard disk visual bar is missing in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Free space hard disk visual bar is missing in Windows Explorer: When I used to open up 'This Computer' file window in Windows Explorer, there is visual bar underneath my internal hard disks I have five internal hard disks that showed available memory space.I have tried using the fix identified in the February 20, 2016 Microsoft Community...
  7. freeing up space on windows

freeing up space on windows: one question. can i move my storage from pc to an external hard drive while being on hotspot that is beinjg provided by my android device??????? i am trying to free up space off my pc so windows can install a much needed update. many thanks in advance...
  8. Can I delete the installer folder to get more free space?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I delete the installer folder to get more free space?: I'm running Windows 10 - 64 bit 20H2 (OS Build 19042.985).I have a 231GB SSD as the main C drive partition while 1TB HDD is the D drive of my laptop. I only use C drive for software and windows installation in order to have maximum speed. Even the desktop folder is in my D...
  9. How do you free space on the automatic repair screen

How do you free space on the automatic repair screen: I accidentally deleted something important on my computer and I can get it back if I free up space, the problem is that I can’t go past the automatic repair screen, is there any way that I can fix that or am I screwed...
  10. HDD free space error?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD free space error?: Hi. I have a 1TB external drive (USB) which Windows reports to have 145 GBs of available free space. Yet when I copy folders which amount to 80GBs to the drive, I get a report before completion that the drive is full and not all the folders making up the 80GBs will copy...