Windows 10: Freeing up space on C:

Discus and support Freeing up space on C: in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is there a simple app that'll show what paths on C: contain all the data? My C: is 230GB and 192GB is used. 5GB is in C:\Users\Me\AppData. Can some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by James1093, Jun 8, 2021.

1. James1093 Win User

Freeing up space on C:

Is there a simple app that'll show what paths on C: contain all the data? My C: is 230GB and 192GB is used. 5GB is in C:\Users\Me\AppData. Can some (what?) be safely deleted? Thanks. Using Win 10.0.19041.964

:)

James1093, Jun 8, 2021

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jun 8, 2021
  3. My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)

• My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)
    • I am unable to install the update,
    • I suspect the windows 10 need this much space and it is some kind of glitch,
    • Please suggest a way to free up some space as I don't prefer to format partition C:

letmeguess, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Ruz San Win User

Freeing up space on C:

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CFreeing up space on C: :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

Freeing up space on C:

1. Freeing up space on C: - Similar Threads - Freeing space

2. I deleted a local account on my computer to free up storage space, but none of the space it...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I deleted a local account on my computer to free up storage space, but none of the space it...: I have been running low on storage lately, so I decided to remove one of the local accounts on my laptop Windows 10 to free up a good chunk of space. After pressing the button to remove the account, I simply watched to see if the account disappeared from the list of local...
  3. I deleted a local account on my computer to free up storage space, but none of the space it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted a local account on my computer to free up storage space, but none of the space it...: I have been running low on storage lately, so I decided to remove one of the local accounts on my laptop Windows 10 to free up a good chunk of space. After pressing the button to remove the account, I simply watched to see if the account disappeared from the list of local...
  4. I deleted a local account on my computer to free up storage space, but none of the space it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mving files from C to D, still asks for free space on C?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mving files from C to D, still asks for free space on C?: Premise: this is not my issue, but of someone who asked me.He has 2 disks: C with little free space, and D, external ssd, with 750 Gb of free space.So, he wants to move some files from C to D, but Windows 11 doesn't allow it because "he doesn't have enough free space". Why?He...
  6. Mving files from C to D, still asks for free space on C?

Mving files from C to D, still asks for free space on C?: Premise: this is not my issue, but of someone who asked me.He has 2 disks: C with little free space, and D, external ssd, with 750 Gb of free space.So, he wants to move some files from C to D, but Windows 11 doesn't allow it because "he doesn't have enough free space". Why?He...
  7. If I want do delete one of those to free up some disk space will it delete the account data...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I want do delete one of those to free up some disk space will it delete the account data...: So I have 2 different account of my computer that I can sign into whenever I start my computer and if I want do delete one of those to free up some disk space will it delete the account data of that user if all of the data is also on another user in my PC?...
  8. If I want do delete one of those to free up some disk space will it delete the account data...

If I want do delete one of those to free up some disk space will it delete the account data...: So I have 2 different account of my computer that I can sign into whenever I start my computer and if I want do delete one of those to free up some disk space will it delete the account data of that user if all of the data is also on another user in my PC?...
  9. Im installing windows from a bootable usb but its saying i must free up space in my primary...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im installing windows from a bootable usb but its saying i must free up space in my primary...: I dont want to just delete all my files as im trying to have a folder with all my old files in it after my installation. What do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-installing-windows-from-a-bootable-usb-but-its/89a6a1a8-8fee-4131-a77a-71fcad18c2d9
  10. Im installing windows from a bootable usb but its saying i must free up space in my primary...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Im installing windows from a bootable usb but its saying i must free up space in my primary...: I dont want to just delete all my files as im trying to have a folder with all my old files in it after my installation. What do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-installing-windows-from-a-bootable-usb-but-its/89a6a1a8-8fee-4131-a77a-71fcad18c2d9