Windows 10: freeing up storage space to speed up my comp.

Discus and support freeing up storage space to speed up my comp. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; just upgraded pc from win.8.1 to win. 10 home works great but need to speed it up cause have a lot of stuff not being used for along time. nit backed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by stevenwardien, Nov 5, 2018.

1. freeing up storage space to speed up my comp.

just upgraded pc from win.8.1 to win. 10 home works great but need to speed it up cause have a lot of stuff not being used for along time. nit backed all up on the upgrade

:)

stevenwardien, Nov 5, 2018

2. I have an HP Stream Laptop and I keep running out of storage space

Hi Jay,

If a category can't show the folders that it contains, there is a possibility that the folders are somehow hidden. To maximize your PC's storage, follow the suggested steps in these links:

If further help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Can't Free Up Storage OnHP Stream 11 Running Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to delete the temporary files and free up the storage space on Windows 10 Operating System, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10

Step 2: I suggest you to check the storage capacity of each of the drives in
    Windows Explorer.

• Press Windows key, type This PC, select it.
    • Right click on each of the drives and click on Properties.
    • Also, you can perform Disk Cleanup from the
      Step 2
      as well.
    • Select the files to be delete on each of the drives.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 5, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

freeing up storage space to speed up my comp.

Conflicting information on my Storage Space...

From disk management, it does report the same storage and used space as from explorer.
    May I ask did you try to create a storage pool or something ? if so, you should not mess with this.

Is this disk an external disk connected via USB ? WD or Seagate branch ?

I have the feeling that this disk is formatted with GPT type using 512K emulation so Windows get confused. To verify:

1. Right click on Disk 6 ->Properties->Volumes. What does it show on partition styles ? GPT ?
    2. Download Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free, install then run. What does it show on disk 7 ? MBR ?

If step 1 shows GPT and step 2 shows MBR then definitely the disk was formatted using 512K emulation. The reason they did this so that it would be recognized by WinXP or if you connect it to a TV.

Windows Updates failed is another problem you have. First, it tried to updates from 1703 -> 1709 and failed so any subsequent updates to 1803 also failed.

topgundcp, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

freeing up storage space to speed up my comp.

1. freeing up storage space to speed up my comp. - Similar Threads - freeing storage space

2. Not freeing up space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not freeing up space: Hi . I have a problem I uninstalled two games 80 GB each and space on my disk didn't get freed up and I can't even locate the folders anywhere . I don't know if it's a Windows bug or something with my folders but I would like some help...
  3. Not freeing up space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not freeing up space: Hi . I have a problem I uninstalled two games 80 GB each and space on my disk didn't get freed up and I can't even locate the folders anywhere . I don't know if it's a Windows bug or something with my folders but I would like some help...
  4. free up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    free up space: I am constantly deleting files so that my drive can be in the blue not red with space. I am not sure what to remove to get it in the blue again. This happens a lot to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space/a15e3ad0-46ff-40cc-bd11-ce678cf07aac
  5. Free up storage space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free up storage space: Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place, but I just wasn't sure where else to put this. My laptop has barely any storage space left, and that's because 174 gigabytes of it are being used by apps. The problem is, I don't have many apps with large sizes, I just have tons of apps...
  6. free up space

free up space: HOw do I transfer files from C drive to D drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space/3387af44-6d0c-46b2-af12-b325a86bdb5f
  7. Freeing up space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeing up space: Temporary files won't purge. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freeing-up-space/307c1381-b077-493c-9148-41decb9e54cc
  8. Using Cloud storage to free up space on my laptop

Using Cloud storage to free up space on my laptop: How do I delete a folder on my local hard drive but preserve a copy in the cloud using Onedrive? My hardrive is getting full but I may need some of the information again....
  9. disk storage: freeing up space

disk storage: freeing up space: Microsoft: In the change how free up space automatically, I had 3.08 GB of space freed up. But it dropped down to 3.06 GB. I managed to free up space and it went up to 3.07 but now, it dropped down to 2.73 GB. What happened there? Is it a bug or is that normal or what is...
  10. free up space

free up space: how do I free up space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space/0e7474ee-5360-483a-9e9e-7342c9c5f530"