Windows 10: freestanding webcam and microphone for my pc I cant get the mic to work

Discus and support freestanding webcam and microphone for my pc I cant get the mic to work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; any ideas to get the microphone working?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PatBuckley1, Apr 14, 2020.

1. freestanding webcam and microphone for my pc I cant get the mic to work

any ideas to get the microphone working?

:)

PatBuckley1, Apr 14, 2020

2. webcam and mic

Hi Roland,

Are you trying to use a specific application which accesses the webcame and mic?

Webcam

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402864...

To open up your webcam or camera, select the Start button, and then select Camera in the list of apps.

If you want to use the camera within other apps, select the Start button, select Settings > Privacy > Camera, and then turn on Let apps use my camera. 

From there, turn on each of the listed apps where you want to use the camera.

Mic

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402798...

Give these a look and let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Apr 14, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Apr 14, 2020
  4. CLT007 Win User

freestanding webcam and microphone for my pc I cant get the mic to work

Microphone Problems (mainly with webcam integrated mic)

Thank you for replying. Unfortunately, the webcam microphone is still not working.

I went on the Packard Bell website and installed the latest chipset drivers and card readers. However, I could not manually install them due to the these drivers not appearing on my device manager. Therefore, I let them install automatically - not knowing
    if they've actually have installed but I assume they have.

I troubleshooted the webcam device itself and it said that it wasn't compatible with the USB 3.0 slot so I changed the device location so it was inserted in the USB 2.0 slots in the back of my PC. This did not resolve my issue.

Going into the webcam's properties and viewing its hardware, it stated that all devices are working properly but the microphone is yet to work and have input bars next to the device's icon.

Thank you for helping me so far, I'm open to more suggestions!

CLT007, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

freestanding webcam and microphone for my pc I cant get the mic to work

1. freestanding webcam and microphone for my pc I cant get the mic to work - Similar Threads - freestanding webcam microphone

2. How do i make my headset mic work instead of my webcam mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i make my headset mic work instead of my webcam mic: My headset has a mic and i tried to enable it but it says its not connected, now its stuck on using my webcam mic and i cant change it, it always says headset not plugged in, but i can hear sound from it, it just wont let me use the mic, is there a way to fix this?...
  3. Webcam and Microphone not working !!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam and Microphone not working !!: Hi there,A month ago my laptop showed some errors, like when I was opening Camera app, it was showing that pls plug in camera, despite the fact that I have in-built camera in the laptop, then when I try to record audio, no audio is being recorded, even when microphone also...
  4. Webcam Mic not working

Webcam Mic not working: Hey guys, I have a problem with my Webcam which iam using as a Mic and its kinda broken :/ My Windows is a Custom Version I made with Ntlite (newest build)... but it worked before installing EQ APO ! ) The video function works in Discord and everywhere else, but not the...
  5. Cant get mic audio to work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant get mic audio to work.: I have had this problem for years with my asus laptop, I use FL studio with an audio interface and a condenser microphone and it works flawlessly. However anything outside of that program cant pick up any audio from any type of mic, I've tried countless methods to fix this...
  6. My webcam microphone isn't working

My webcam microphone isn't working: I recently bought an external USB webcam. The camera on the webcam works, however, the Mic doesn't work. The mic shows that it's connected, however, it doesn't detect any audio. I tried updating the drivers, I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them aswell. Nothing...
  7. Webcam microphone does not work.

Webcam microphone does not work.: I just bought USB webcam with built-in microphone.Camera works but mic does not.I tried different things updated drivers,changed settings etc but no luck.I have Windows 10 desktop....
  8. I cant get my Laptop webcam to turn on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant get my Laptop webcam to turn on: I cant get Laptop webcam to turn on. Can someone try and remotely do it turn it on please...My mistress needs it on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-my-laptop-webcam-to-turn-on/914bd9d8-1bd8-4ea6-af5b-78fa20cb3a3b
  9. Webcam and microphone not working properly

Webcam and microphone not working properly: Hello, I recently got an Asus ZenBook Flip 13 UX362FA. It's the version with the "Worldview Camera", which works fine. But the webcam (which is also used for Windows Hello) doesn't work, giving either the 0xA00F4271 <MediaCaptureFailed> (0xC00D3E85) error or one saying the...
  10. webcam and mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    webcam and mic: how to access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-and-mic/bed538b8-ab30-4e98-b67c-a2f4280e9f6c