Windows 10: Freeware hypervisors which do not require SLAT support

Discus and support Freeware hypervisors which do not require SLAT support in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; There are still many LGA775 computers in use; their Core2 Duo/Quad processors support VT-x but not SLAT/EPT which is required by several current free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by muchomurka, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Freeware hypervisors which do not require SLAT support

There are still many LGA775 computers in use; their Core2 Duo/Quad processors support VT-x but not SLAT/EPT which is required by several current free hypervisors. For reference, here is a list of recent versions which can run on hardware without SLAT support:

Vmware Workstation Player: 12.5.9 (not supported anymore but working without problems)
    Vmware ESXi: 6.5 (end of support November 15, 2021)
    Oracle Virtualbox: SLAT still is not a requirement in current version 6.1.10
    Microsoft Hyper-V Server: 2008 R2 SP1 (not supported anymore but working without big problems)

Other ones can be added.

:)

muchomurka, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Turn Hypervisor ON or OFF as required

I've tested Hyper-V Switch. Because it either shows the UAC prompt, or requires a scheduled task to run it, I find it a bit clumsy. I'd rather create separate boot options for Hypervisor ON or OFF.

3. Dominic Win User
    Windows 10: Switched from BIOS to UEFI. Hyper-V reports that the hypervisor is not running

I partitioned my hard drive and installed Debian on second partition. In order to do this I had to switch from BIOS to UEFI after basically destorying the MBR. Everything works great. However when I choose to boot to Windows 10 my various images within Hyper-V are not starting. The error states that hypervisor is not running. Any ideas?

I tried this Hyper-V reports that the hypervisor is not running. How to start the hypervisor? but no joy. Any suggestions on why this would have stopped working?

Dominic, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Kamala Win User

Freeware hypervisors which do not require SLAT support

Turn Hypervisor ON or OFF as required

Hi Kari...
    Lots of steps on method one can be skipped by a single click,by using a portable,freeware app called: HyperVSwitch
    you could add it in the tut,for the lazy people like myself. Freeware hypervisors which do not require SLAT support :)

Kamala, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Freeware hypervisors which do not require SLAT support

1. Freeware hypervisors which do not require SLAT support - Similar Threads - Freeware hypervisors require

2. A hypervisor has been detected yet hyper-v can not be enabled since SLAT capabilities

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A hypervisor has been detected yet hyper-v can not be enabled since SLAT capabilities: Hi,I am trying to enable hyper-v in windows 10 Pro v:21H2 Build 19044.1706 with feature pack 120.2212.4170.0which is running inside of virtual box on an ubuntu host.This is all running on a AMD Ryzen 5950x with the following CPU flags:fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic...
  3. A hypervisor has been detected yet hyper-v can not be enabled since SLAT capabilities

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A hypervisor has been detected yet hyper-v can not be enabled since SLAT capabilities: Hi,I am trying to enable hyper-v in windows 10 Pro v:21H2 Build 19044.1706 with feature pack 120.2212.4170.0which is running inside of virtual box on an ubuntu host.This is all running on a AMD Ryzen 5950x with the following CPU flags:fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic...
  4. A hypervisor has been detected yet hyper-v can not be enabled since SLAT capabilities

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Which password in WinRE do the repair options require?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which password in WinRE do the repair options require?: Hi guys, I updated my Lenovo 330 windows 10 and suddenly I could not print any document on my Kyocera FS-1120 printer. Every time I pressed a print command in any of the applications, windows would shut down. I tried to roll back the printer drivers but the roll back...
  6. No hypervisor was found, Please enable hypervisor support

in Windows 10 News
    No hypervisor was found, Please enable hypervisor support: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Users have reported that while trying to launch the Sandbox feature in Windows 10, they encounter the error No hypervisor was found, Please enable hypervisor support. This prevents them from using the Sandbox feature. No hypervisor was found, Please enable...
  7. "Standard hardware security not supported" how do I know which requirement is not met in...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Standard hardware security not supported" how do I know which requirement is not met in...: my laptop already has TMP 2.0 and secure boot is enabled, but how do I know if I have DEP and UEFI MAT?...
  8. Freeware Standalone Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Freeware Standalone Firewall: Are there any decent firewalls around today? Been running Windows FW/FW control but looking around. Comodo = NO Was looking about Glasswire Opinions Please 101434
  9. Hypervisors and Motherboard Support

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hypervisors and Motherboard Support: I am building a new server at home that will be a hypervisor, most likely Hyper-V Server 2016. There's a chance I'll run ESXi 6.0, but for now, it will likely be the Microsoft equivalent. I have two potential boards that I'll pair with my i7-2600 and the 32 GB of memory I...
  10. any keyscramble freeware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    any keyscramble freeware?: any keyscramble tool that is freeware and free of hidden malware ? Please advise. Thank you so much ! 82551