Windows 10: Freeze after connecting phone

Discus and support Freeze after connecting phone in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My device: Oneplus 3 Windows 10 1903 Symptom: Windows freeze after connecting phone, as soon as i unplug the phone, windows starts working normally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by satrianiboys, May 25, 2019.

1. Freeze after connecting phone

My device: Oneplus 3
    Windows 10 1903

Symptom: Windows freeze after connecting phone, as soon as i unplug the phone, windows starts working normally again.
    At the first boot after a clean install, windows doesn't have this problem. After setting up the pc, without installing any related to the phone (drivers/software related to phone), the symptom start to happen. It retains after installing phone related drivers/software.

Temporary solution: Plug the phone before windows boots

Things i've tried:
    - Re-install windows
    - Install Google Usb Driver = Get the Google USB Driver | Android Developers
    - Install manufacture driver = http://www.devfiles.co/download/s4QQ...vers_Setup.exe
    - Checking Windows Update for drivers update
    - Works fine in windows 7

Event viewer doesn't show any related to it. The only warnings i got is Event: 10016, DistributedCOM
    If i have to take a guess, it's related winusb/wpdmtp/wpdmtphw default windows driver. I can't find any compatible driver update for it nor force to change it.
    In windows 7, i can force to pick what i believe the correct driver by using "let me pick from a list.....", but in windows 10, the list is only showing a few and not showing what i believe the correct driver is.

Let me know if something is not clear. Hoping some insight too, i'm out of ideas.
    Thanks

:)

satrianiboys, May 25, 2019
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, May 25, 2019
  3. Winuser Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, May 25, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Freeze after connecting phone

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, May 25, 2019
Thema:

Freeze after connecting phone

1. Freeze after connecting phone - Similar Threads - Freeze connecting phone

2. Phone Link not connecting with Android phone, but phone says it is connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link not connecting with Android phone, but phone says it is connected.: Recently, Phone Link on my laptop is requesting me to connect to my Android phone using a QR code or manually. Scanning the QR code gives a link to be copied, but that link is not valid. I cannot get pass that screen. On my Android phone, I have Link to Windows installed and...
  3. Phone Link not connecting with Android phone, but phone says it is connected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link not connecting with Android phone, but phone says it is connected.: Recently, Phone Link on my laptop is requesting me to connect to my Android phone using a QR code or manually. Scanning the QR code gives a link to be copied, but that link is not valid. I cannot get pass that screen. On my Android phone, I have Link to Windows installed and...
  4. After update, link to phone does not connect.

After update, link to phone does not connect.: After I updated to the latest version of windows link on PC and link to windows on my galaxy note 20, when I try to scan the qr code it says sign on failed. And constantly says failed and wont let me manually login....
  5. After update, link to phone does not connect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update, link to phone does not connect.: After I updated to the latest version of windows link on PC and link to windows on my galaxy note 20, when I try to scan the qr code it says sign on failed. And constantly says failed and wont let me manually login....
  6. Phone connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone connection.: So I can connect my phone to my computer through Microsoft, the Your Phone Companion, but when I look at the list of devices I can't see it. How do I link my phone on there, if possible?...
  7. Phone connection.

Phone connection.: So I can connect my phone to my computer through Microsoft, the Your Phone Companion, but when I look at the list of devices I can't see it. How do I link my phone on there, if possible?...
  8. Phone connection.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows keeps freezing after internet connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keeps freezing after internet connection: I build my daughter small energy saving desktop pc, based on core i5 T version with igpu, Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2V ddr4 version and EVGA psu. Problem first time appeared when I wanted to use internet I was using Linksys usb dongle for that - after couple minutes, internet...
  10. Mouse cursor disappears after phone is connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor disappears after phone is connected: Hi, this only happens to me once or twice a month, but it's really annoying. As soon as I connect my andriod phone to my PC running Windows 10 Pro, my mouse cursor disappears. It reappears immediately after I disconnect the phone. This doesn't happen every time I connect...