Windows 10: Freeze after startup and in installer. Not in Safe Mode

Discus and support Freeze after startup and in installer. Not in Safe Mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone so recently my pc started freezing after like 30 seconds after boot. I went in safe mode and it worked fine and then I put Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WernerHaag, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Freeze after startup and in installer. Not in Safe Mode

Hello everyone so recently my pc started freezing after like 30 seconds after boot. I went in safe mode and it worked fine and then I put Windows installer on USB. Now when I try to install it either freezes or I get bluescreen saying it will restart. I wiped my drive in BIOS but It did not fix. I am sorry but I cannot post the log because I cannot access anything other than BIOS and installer, which then freezes. - - - Updated - - - I have Z170 pro gaming motherboard, GTX 1060 Phoenix gold and i5 6600. I am using a very old SSD from an alienware laptop

:)

WernerHaag, Jul 1, 2021

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 1, 2021
  3. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Jul 1, 2021
  4. coopfab Win User

Freeze after startup and in installer. Not in Safe Mode

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

Freeze after startup and in installer. Not in Safe Mode

1. Freeze after startup and in installer. Not in Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Freeze startup installer

2. PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode: As said pc freezes up about 3/4 minutes into a login session, temps according to icue are all fine, no updates installed recently and no logs in event viewer, got new ssd coming tommorow and will attempt to install windows but it's just strange...
  3. PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode: As said pc freezes up about 3/4 minutes into a login session, temps according to icue are all fine, no updates installed recently and no logs in event viewer, got new ssd coming tommorow and will attempt to install windows but it's just strange...
  4. PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer freezes in safe mode but NOT in normal mode

Computer freezes in safe mode but NOT in normal mode: I am having a very strange problem where my computer only freezes in safe mode but not during normal use. I was having some stuttering issues with a game so I decided to use DDU and reinstall my graphics driver. It's best to do this in safe mode, but every time my computer...
  6. computer broken; black screen normal startup, safe mode freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer broken; black screen normal startup, safe mode freezing: i have been trying to fix this since this morning. on a normal startup, all of a sudden my pc boots to a black screen. i decided i wanted to reset it. i try to boot up safe mode with f11 and selections work the first few times but then once i hit advanced options and anything...
  7. computer broken; black screen normal startup, safe mode freezing

computer broken; black screen normal startup, safe mode freezing: i have been trying to fix this since this morning. on a normal startup, all of a sudden my pc boots to a black screen. i decided i wanted to reset it. i try to boot up safe mode with f11 and selections work the first few times but then once i hit advanced options and anything...
  8. computer broken; black screen normal startup, safe mode freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. PC freezes but not in safe mode

PC freezes but not in safe mode: So i posted an earlier post about this problem, and a comment said to run driver verifier so i did and got this specific BSOD: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmgvmiHbr9YqlESztifJVfivSm-u?e=rReFu6. MY pc got this problem ever since we moved and had no internet for a while and after...
  10. Laptop wont startup after changing startup mode to safe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop wont startup after changing startup mode to safe: After being paranoid about viruses I went into the startup settings and changed the mode to safe startup, now whenever I try try to power on the laptop it shows the dell logo then the screen goes black. The screen isnt off, just black. None of the F buttons or the escape...