Windows 10: freeze after system reset

Discus and support freeze after system reset in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was having major issues on my HP DV7 laptop with win 10 so tried resetting to win 7 and now for 5+ hours has been stuck on "resetting this PC 99%".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dollhoobbs, Aug 29, 2015.

1. freeze after system reset

I was having major issues on my HP DV7 laptop with win 10 so tried resetting to win 7 and now for 5+ hours has been stuck on "resetting this PC 99%". can I power it off and restart or should I just let it keep going? there was nothing worth saving so not worried about losing anything.

:)

dollhoobbs, Aug 29, 2015

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

System still freezes, but doesn't fall into bsod.Two dead freezes for 9 hours,after second RESET AMD driver was fall down.I reinstalled the driver.

ВладЛакурин, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Xbox one system keeps freezing at preparing s

It keeps freezing up a preparing screen if it makes it pass that part it will let me put all my if in after I factory reset it. But it freezes back up I'm just looking at a black screen and I keep trying to reset the system but it keeps freezing help first
    it slows down then stops the buttons on my controller don't even work when it freezes

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

druking601, Aug 29, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

freeze after system reset

Hi dollhoobs,

Your question is not related to a BSOD, but it could be when you turn your power off and try to restart.
    Breaking the command to return to windows 7 will break your system, but most import is that you could damage your hard drive with bad luck.

I recommend you to wait until the reset is finished.

5. Took 6+ hours but it finished. Thanks for the reply aexO.

dollhoobbs, Aug 30, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    You're welcome dollhoobbs *Smile

axe0, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

freeze after system reset

1. freeze after system reset - Similar Threads - freeze system reset

2. Computer freezes after trying to reset?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer freezes after trying to reset?: I'm trying to completely reset my rather old HP computer, remove everything and reinstall windows 10 but when it finishes loading and reboots, I get stuck on a "Choose your keyboard layout" screen. My screen is completely frozen and I cannot click anything or use my keyboard....
  3. Computer freezes after trying to reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes after trying to reset?: I'm trying to completely reset my rather old HP computer, remove everything and reinstall windows 10 but when it finishes loading and reboots, I get stuck on a "Choose your keyboard layout" screen. My screen is completely frozen and I cannot click anything or use my keyboard....
  4. Computer freezes after trying to reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after system reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after system reset.: My friend has been getting the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen error even after doing a full system reset. He said he has tried everything on the internet yet nothing worked. Could it be a hardware problem or is there a way to fix it?...
  6. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after system reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after system reset.: My friend has been getting the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen error even after doing a full system reset. He said he has tried everything on the internet yet nothing worked. Could it be a hardware problem or is there a way to fix it?...
  7. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after system reset.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Overheating after system reset

Overheating after system reset: Hello.I have some questions about a laptop overheating while playing games.A while back , my laptop would overheat while playing games because the cpu would run at 100% at all times. But I reset my laptop and now it does not overheat even when idle and the cpu stays at around...
  9. File Explorer Sometimes Freezes, Crashes, Even After System Reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Sometimes Freezes, Crashes, Even After System Reset: Hello, 9 out of 10 times I open my file explorer, it won't display some or most of my files. Many times I see no folders at all, but when I do, and try to click around, the explorer crashes and quits often without a "not responding" prompt. The explorer also crashes if I...
  10. BSOD after system reset, then stuck in boot loop, now freezes.

BSOD after system reset, then stuck in boot loop, now freezes.: Hey all, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 without a problem, but after a while I thought; why not do a clean install? I went ahead and tried to perform a clean install from the windows 10 settings, and chose all drives, and a quick reset. It then started the process,...