Windows 10: Freeze and BSOD in Windows 10 during games

Discus and support Freeze and BSOD in Windows 10 during games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey. *Smile I have been having an issue for a few weeks now where my computer will BSOD or freeze whenever I play certain games. At first I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Moridain, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Moridain Win User

Freeze and BSOD in Windows 10 during games

Hey. *Smile

I have been having an issue for a few weeks now where my computer will BSOD or freeze whenever I play certain games.

At first I thought it was a specific game (Xcom 2) that was doing it, but it has since started happening while playing other games that didn't have that issue in the past (One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 and Sonic Racing Transformed).

Any ideas?

I included the file as requested on the posting instructions.

Note I ran the program today, but I havent had a crash since yesterday so I am unsure if the information will be there? If necessary I can run Xcom 2 for a while to force a crash, but for obvious reasons I would prefer not to if it isn't needed. ^_^"

:)

Moridain, Feb 18, 2016

2. Blue Screen While Playing Online Games

Hello, I have recently upgraded from Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 10240 to Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 10586.3. A BSOD is always being triggered when I play online games. The BSOD usually occurs during loading and it has an error message of " KMode_Exception_Not_Handled
    caused by dump_wmimmc.sys ".

What is the root cause and the possible solution?

By the way the online game that I play is CABAL Online and this is the only game in my PC that triggers BSOD. Other games work normally aside.

Shindyo190, Feb 18, 2016
  3. NaniKpr Win User
    Computer BSODs

I have had BSODs with clock_watchdog_timeout, or just computer freezing while playing games on browser that used Macromedia Flash on a totally fresh start after a full system format. I got clock_watchdog_timeout error before the format, built a new rig using
    old Hard Drives, and GPU from previous PC.

I tried uninstalling Flash, uninstalling browser(Chrome), uninstalled audio drivers. Reinstalled Chrome, tried again. And same hard freeze/clock_watchdog_timeout every time.

Minidump always identifies a different program as the fault. One time it was Chrome, one time it was Steam, and so on. Ran driver verifier, ran multiple Flash games and after a while driver verifier produced a BSOD. Speccy64 was also running during this,
    and the dump identifies it as the program. The first link has this dump, and another dump that was from the time before Speccy64 was installed.

So far, Macromedia Flash is the only reliable freeze/bsod causer besides Speccy. I've played World of Tanks on max settings, and other intensive video games, and not a single freeze or bsod during them. Nothing came up during memtest. Prime 95, less than
    2 minutes of running and bsod. Noted nothing happening on worker8, and prime95 simply said error for it. Checked CPU and Motherboard, no bent pins. Cpu had plenty of thermal paste, even got it on my fingers taking it off.

[edit]Odd, the process of taking off the CPU to inspect it, then putting it back on seems to have fixed the issue for prime95. Worker8 is now working and prime95 did not bsod the computer when running it for 10 minutes. However turning on driver verifier
    then rebooting produced WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124). Starting up after that, no error. Second link is the minidump for this.

Tried running multiple macromedia flash games during driver verification, computer bsodded just when I started Speccy64. 3rd link is memory and minidump for this instance, would seem to link Speccy64 as a reliable BSOD causer. Uninstalled it and trying to
    BSOD with just Macromedia Flash right now. So far, games that previously reliably produced a BSOD before cpu inspection are not doing so, but will have to test for this longer given previously they sometimes ran without issue.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz 8-core

GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 285 O.C. 2 Gt GDDR5

Memory: Four Corsair Vengeance 4 GB PC3-12800, 1600MHz, 240 DIMM 4 GB modules

Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 990X

PSU: Corsair CX750W V2 CX-series 750 W

Windows Hard Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 120 Gt 2,5" SATA3

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag_oGXM7aD7ngQfRFRSpxeDyNVnY

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag_oGXM7aD7ngQhOBKx_xYLli2Bf

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag_oGXM7aD7ngQkktIknys9xEcRO

NaniKpr, Feb 18, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Could you take a picture of the crash, there are no logs about the crashes after previous month, a picture would give some info.
    In case you're expecting or having trouble taking a picture because it is going to fast, it is recommended to uncheck 'Automatically restart' option
    BSOD Minidump - Configure to Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Attachment 65428

Thema:

1. Freeze and BSOD in Windows 10 during games - Similar Threads - Freeze BSOD during

2. PC Freezes only during gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezes only during gaming: Hi everybody,I am dealing with this issue since a month by now. My whole PC get completely frozen when I am playing something not always, I think in 5 hours of session I get 1 crash more or less. I need to restart it manually with the power botton. The funny thing is that...
  3. PC randomly freezes during gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly freezes during gaming: Hey everyone,This is the first time I've ran into this problem ever and can't find what causes it. So when I'm playing games happens most in Overwatch my PC has a tendency to randomly freeze. I can still hear ingame sounds and people in discord, but my main monitor goes black...
  4. BSOD and system crashes/ freezes during gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and system crashes/ freezes during gaming: Hello, I need someone's help! I have been attempting to troubleshoot my PC for a while. It has been crashing a lot when it comes to playing video games. After checking the reliability history, the issue mostly seems to be livekernelevent code: 141. I dug deeper and decided...
  5. Windows 10 Gaming PC Freezing during update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Gaming PC Freezing during update: Hello. Every time I attempt to update my new gaming PC, this is the order of events: 1. The update reaches 30%. 2. The PC goes ahead with the restart. 3. The PC starts but freezes at the bootup, and I can't get to BIOS. 4. I get mad. 5. Remove every USB device I...
  6. Windows BSOD During Multiple Games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows BSOD During Multiple Games: I seem to get a consistent Windows 10 BSOD while playing a select few games, I've tried using different renderers and lowering settings which should not be an issue as I have a high end computer but even on very low intensity games I have BSODs giving me errors such as...
  7. Computer freezing during game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing during game: Hello all, I have recently started having issues whilst playing The Witcher 3. Everything is fine for a short period of time after which my monitors will turn off for a short time before turning back on after which the game is frozen. This only started occurring recently....
  8. BSOD during gaming

BSOD during gaming: Hi, so I have been experiencing blue screens during any form of intensive gaming e.g. Battlefield, Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I assumed it was a memory related issue, I have replaced the kit of RAM I was using to no success. I have since also replaced my motherboard as it was...
  9. PC Freezes during Gaming

PC Freezes during Gaming: Good morning everybody *Smile During this week I encountered a serious problem with my Laptop. While playing games it freezes and the sound starts to stutter. The only way out is to shut down the PC with the power button. This happens randomly, therfore I can play 20...
  10. BSODs, Crashes, and Freezes During Gaming and Surfing the Web

BSODs, Crashes, and Freezes During Gaming and Surfing the Web: I'm so tired. For the past two years or so I've just had BSODs at random intervals in my day. Whether I'm playing a video game with my friends or by myself, whether I'm watching YouTube videos, browsing the internet or hell, sometimes waiting for my computer to get to its...