Windows 10: Freeze/lock-up when installing software (seriously need help!)

Discus and support Freeze/lock-up when installing software (seriously need help!) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey folks! So, I'm having an insanely frustrating issue that I can;t quite wrap my head around so far, heres the situation: Recently upgraded my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CXloud, Jun 24, 2016.

1. CXloud Win User

Freeze/lock-up when installing software (seriously need help!)

Hey folks!
    So, I'm having an insanely frustrating issue that I can;t quite wrap my head around so far, heres the situation:
    Recently upgraded my graphics card and got a new mouse (Logitech G502), when I'm trying to install the software for the mouse it gets half way through installation and Windows COMPLETELY locks up, everything just freezes and I'm unable to do anything forcing me to perform a hard reset, this also happened during a couple of other software installations.
    I performed a clean install of Windows 10 as I thought it might fix the issue, but alas the issue is still present and also happened when installing an Intel LAN update.
    The issue is even present when trying to install the same software in safe mode.
    Memtest has com back negative, CPU stress testing has proved to not be an issue, as has GPU stress testing (as initially I thought the issue may be that the factory-set overclock may be unstable).
    I'm totally out of ideas and can't wrap my head around what's happening. Event viewer even shows me nothing except for the usual kernel-power "system restart unexpected".
    Really appreciate some help on this one!
    Thanks in advance!

:)

CXloud, Jun 24, 2016

2. lumia 720 screen freeze

Alright, I take it all back. Software updates and all, my phone still freezes and locks up. Nokia, you suck. Seriously. Fix this. ASAP.

TheRooster, Jun 24, 2016
  3. LEDJPS Win User
    How Can I Roll Back To Previous Sotware If My Lumia 800 Came With The Latest Software ?

Got a replacement Lumia 800 at the store and now the same thing is happening with this one. This also has the latest software pre installed.

This issue is clearly affecting not just one hanset. I dont know what else to try as a reset, re install or even a replacement has no solution to the problem.

If you google search 'music player freezes wp7' you will come across other people with the same issue. So can we have an investigation in this issue because this seriously needs some kind of update fast. This is just pathetic that a phone of this nature cannot
    play music without the phone locking up.

I

LEDJPS, Jun 24, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello CXloud and welcome to the TenForums *Smile

Have you checked all the internal connections to the motherboard and tried re-seating the graphics card and also the memory cards. I am wondering if something got disturbed when you added your new graphics card.

How long did you run the memory test for? How many passes?

philc43, Jun 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Freeze/lock-up when installing software (seriously need help!) - Similar Threads - Freeze lock installing

2. Need a serious help. ASAP.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need a serious help. ASAP.: My windows 10 is currently experiencing various errors please this is serious and i have a project that i've been working on postponedi have a driver issues in my pc by the time my uncle gave it to me. it's intel core i5 4460, GT 730 and has 5gb of ram 4gb and 1 gb sticks...
  3. I need help seriously frustrating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need help seriously frustrating: My computer will not let me do anything I deleted the administrator account not knowing what was going to happen. Now I can't do anything because I'm not administrator anymore. There isn't even a place to login as the administrator anymore? I can't accept anything to run on...
  4. HELP! Windows randomly locks-up/freezes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! Windows randomly locks-up/freezes: It happens randomly and everything becomes unresponsive. I can still move the mouse but nothing else works can't click on anything. I have the lastest windows update recently updated to 2004 version. I have the lastest GPU driver just checked. What could be causing this and...
  5. I seriously need help

I seriously need help: OK, so today I found that there was a random .txt file on my desktop. When i opened it, it showed [1013/103251.495:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc(43)] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. (0x3) I was curious and searched it up, turns out that it could be...
  6. Freezing when opening up the HWInfo software

Freezing when opening up the HWInfo software: So, I have a fairly new machine with these specs: CPU: Ryzen 3700X GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 Super RAM: G.SKill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600, 18-19-19-42 PSU: Seasonic M12i 620 Watts Every time my system boots up, I usually fire up the HWInfo software so that I can...
  7. I seriously need help.

I seriously need help.: I installed Ubuntu onto my PC and now I can’t reinstall windows. I’ve been freaking out about this for hours. I’ve replaced my SSD, reset my BIOS, and looked up various videos for a fix. I’ve tried reinstalling windows, but every time I put my windows install/boot USB into my...
  8. NEED SERIOUS HELP

NEED SERIOUS HELP: [ATTACH] i was pressing delete button continuously while in the desktop and then suddenly i after sometime I saw that the "this pc" icon is gone with some other icons and shortcuts. I pressed ctrl+z multiple times and the icons and shortcuts came back but "this pc" didnt...
  9. Need Some Serious Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need Some Serious Help: _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CONCLUSION _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Your system seems to be having difficulty handling...
  10. Serious Help Needed. Recovery needed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Serious Help Needed. Recovery needed.: A Senior MS Tech I was working with said he wanted to reinstall windows 10 version 1809 because after 4 MS updates, that is after the 4th MS update, MS Edge quits working and will not start. This is the fourth tech and the 2nd senior tech I have had to work with. The...