Windows 10: Freeze on start up (Desktop)

Discus and support Freeze on start up (Desktop) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As this is the second time it has happened - I would like some advise on the matter please. Thereafter I turn my PC on - I would say 5/10 seconds in on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Swizz, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Swizz Win User

Freeze on start up (Desktop)

As this is the second time it has happened - I would like some advise on the matter please. Thereafter I turn my PC on - I would say 5/10 seconds in on the desktop, the whole computer will lock. The keyboard is lighting up, as is the mouse, but they too are unresponsive This is how it happens.. Before the Welcome screen displays it hangs with a black screen for roughly 5 seconds and then the desktop will show. (For the next part...) The cursor will move but it will become slow when you move it around the screen, after another 10 seconds give Or take it will freeze completely, which then forces a me to perform a hard reboot. I do have an Optional quality update available waiting to be downloaded - 2021-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64 based Systems (KB5003690) Whether it has something to do with the last update (21H1) I can't be sure. OS Build 19043.1052 Other than that when it's on, it works pretty much flawlessly.

:)

Swizz, Jun 25, 2021

2. Desktop freeze after log in

Hi Keith,

In order for us to find out what causes your desktop to freeze after logging in, we would like to gather more information:

• Did you make any recent changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • When the computer freezes, do you get an error message?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jun 25, 2021
  3. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue Freeze on start up (Desktop) :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Jun 25, 2021
  4. Freeze on start up (Desktop)

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

Freeze on start up (Desktop)

1. Freeze on start up (Desktop) - Similar Threads - Freeze start Desktop

2. PC freeze in start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freeze in start up: I manage to turn on the computer I saw windows logo but before it goes to sign in page it will freeze. It happened before a long time ago and I dont know what my cousin did. He is not around and I need to boot my computer since I have lots to do....
  3. PC freeze in start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freeze in start up: I manage to turn on the computer I saw windows logo but before it goes to sign in page it will freeze. It happened before a long time ago and I dont know what my cousin did. He is not around and I need to boot my computer since I have lots to do....
  4. PC freeze in start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Freezes after start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezes after start-up: Can I reset Windows 10 without going through Windows?New computer, ~2 weeks old. Windows 10 programs have been freezing, happening with increasing frequency until now it freezes right after start-up. That is, it loads Windows, shows the home page with all my shortcut icons,...
  6. Freezes after start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezes after start-up: Can I reset Windows 10 without going through Windows?New computer, ~2 weeks old. Windows 10 programs have been freezing, happening with increasing frequency until now it freezes right after start-up. That is, it loads Windows, shows the home page with all my shortcut icons,...
  7. Freezes after start-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Freezing on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Freezing on start up: My brand new laptop freezes at the screen before adding my pin code. The mouse moves around no problem but when I click it does nothing. Usually it should take me to the pin code entry option.So now I have to restart my Laptop just to get access to the pin code entry part....
  9. desktop start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    desktop start up: my window 10 desktop when starting there's a red light that blinks 4 time and will not start just keeps blinking and sounding noise help thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-start-up/18dc1f7e-bd8c-4936-9f36-ff0ffb1c64f4
  10. Freezing and start up issues.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Freezing and start up issues.: So, a couple weeks back my laptop start acting up. I have plans to send it in to Acer but at this point I think the warranty might be voided and not due to expiration. it started freezing and showing like colorful type lines across the screen at first, making me force shut...