Windows 10: Freeze on startup

Discus and support Freeze on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 just started freezing at startup on Dell Lattitude... tried booting up in safe mode... tried uninstalling updates... tried booting up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IhateMSwin, May 17, 2021.

1. Freeze on startup

Windows 10 just started freezing at startup on Dell Lattitude... tried booting up in safe mode... tried uninstalling updates... tried booting up without driver signatures... tried reinstalling windows & froze before finishing...Any suggestions?

:)

IhateMSwin, May 17, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 17, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Winbook TW802 freezes on startup!

Hi,

I suggest you to create a Windows 10 installation media and perform a Startup Repair on the device and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    This is an alternate way to boot the device and run recovery tools when something goes wrong with the Operating system.

Please follow the steps below to do Startup repair:

Steps:-

• Insert the installation USB drive
              and boot Windows 10 from it.

If you don't have one, you can Create an installation Media.

• In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’
              and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Startup Repair’
              and select the operating system.

Do let us know if you are able to use your tablet. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 17, 2021
  4. Freeze on startup

Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, May 17, 2021
Thema:

Freeze on startup

1. Freeze on startup - Similar Threads - Freeze startup

2. pc freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc freezes after startup: My pc freezes after startup. Once pc starts up and is ready to log in, it will freeze. holding the power button and turning it back on makes it work fine after. Ive tried running startup repair but I always get the prompt " C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ". Ive...
  3. pc freezes after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc freezes after startup: My pc freezes after startup. Once pc starts up and is ready to log in, it will freeze. holding the power button and turning it back on makes it work fine after. Ive tried running startup repair but I always get the prompt " C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ". Ive...
  4. pc freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc freezes after startup: My pc freezes after startup. Once pc starts up and is ready to log in, it will freeze. holding the power button and turning it back on makes it work fine after. Ive tried running startup repari but I always get the prompt " C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ". Ive...
  5. Application Freezing on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application Freezing on Startup: Greetings, I'm encountering a frustrating issue where one of my essential applications freezes every time I attempt to launch it. This problem started occurring suddenly without any recent changes to my system. I've tried reinstalling the application and updating my operating...
  6. Application Freezing on Startup

Application Freezing on Startup: Greetings, I'm encountering a frustrating issue where one of my essential applications freezes every time I attempt to launch it. This problem started occurring suddenly without any recent changes to my system. I've tried reinstalling the application and updating my operating...
  7. How to fix my PC from freezing on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix my PC from freezing on startup?: I’m currently on the most updated version of Windows 11 I’ve been dealing with a problem of mine for over a week now. It started off with my PC not booting to windows properly and beginning the automatic repair, so I would simply restart my PC and everything would be fine....
  8. How to fix my PC from freezing on startup?

How to fix my PC from freezing on startup?: I’m currently on the most updated version of Windows 11 I’ve been dealing with a problem of mine for over a week now. It started off with my PC not booting to windows properly and beginning the automatic repair, so I would simply restart my PC and everything would be fine....
  9. PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode: As said pc freezes up about 3/4 minutes into a login session, temps according to icue are all fine, no updates installed recently and no logs in event viewer, got new ssd coming tommorow and will attempt to install windows but it's just strange...
  10. PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode

PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode: As said pc freezes up about 3/4 minutes into a login session, temps according to icue are all fine, no updates installed recently and no logs in event viewer, got new ssd coming tommorow and will attempt to install windows but it's just strange...