Windows 10: Freeze or Blue Screen Upon Wake from Sleep

Discus and support Freeze or Blue Screen Upon Wake from Sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After upgrading to NVMe m.2 SSD, I have been experiencing freeze or blue screen upon wake from sleep. Sometimes the machine loads the background with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by j. derekreeves, May 5, 2020.

1. Freeze or Blue Screen Upon Wake from Sleep

After upgrading to NVMe m.2 SSD, I have been experiencing freeze or blue screen upon wake from sleep. Sometimes the machine loads the background with no login prompt or date/time information, and sometimes the machine goes to blue screen.

I reset; normal startup.

I have run check disk; I have updated power settings to Max Performance with Hybrid Sleep and Fast Boot disabled; I have updated the drivers; I have done a clean install of windows; Motherboard has most current BIOS. I have attempted solutions described in other forums and performed multiple searches to find a solution. I still have this issue.

The machine is less than a month old, and I only upgraded to SSD to make the user experience much quicker. I formatted both disks SSD and SSHD.

I have another computer with a very similar setup, and I have had no issues from it.

System Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600x

ASUS TUF B450 mATX

Gigabyte RX 5600xt

WD SN750 Black 500gb NVMe m.2 SSD

Firecuda 2.5" 2tb SSHD

Ballistix DDR4 3200mHz RAM 16gb; 2 x 8gb

Corsair SF600 PSU

Thanks for your help,

Derek

:)

j. derekreeves, May 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 blue screens after waking from sleep.

Steps to that cause this problem:

• Allowing windows to sleep.
    • Waking once, logging in.
    • Allowing it to sleep once more.
    • Wait for some time like 2 hours.
    • Try to login again.
    After all these steps my laptop Dell Vostro 3546, stops responding on the login screen, no inputs will be taken and then Blue screens by saying Critical_Store_Exception. I have collected some crash dumps and posted it here: CrashDumps.

Blue Screen View says that the BSOD happened because of something went wrong with the ntoskrnl.exe, address ntoskrnl+142760, file version of ntoskrnl.exe is "10.0.10586.306 (th2_release_sec.160422-1850)".

Aniruddha S Prasad, May 5, 2020
  3. Fitz84 Win User
    Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

• No luck with the "trouble-shooter."
    • Issues are: on waking, date increases by 6 or so days and many apps/ windows freeze on opening. I tried it again today, and a blue screen came up with Command Prompt and other suggestions to fix. By the way, on restarting, the computer returns to
      normal.
    • On the issue of "recent system changes", it is a new computer I purchased a couple of months ago. It is running Windows 10 (64 bit), with MS Office (32 bit). I have uninstalled & reinstalled MS Office, over the internet.
    • Have not "encountered any error message"
    • Have not taken any "troubleshooting steps", except trouble-shooter.

Fitz84, May 5, 2020
  4. Freeze or Blue Screen Upon Wake from Sleep

Windows 10 Anniversary Update freezes at lock screen when waking from sleep

Getting Firefox v48.0.2 was a separate task. It wasn't meant to correct the "freezing" after waking from Sleep mode.

Question: Does the "freezing" persist after waking from Hibernate mode? See
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13770/windows-shut-down-sleep-hibernate-your-pc

=====================================================

FYI:

PA Bear - MS MVP, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Freeze or Blue Screen Upon Wake from Sleep

1. Freeze or Blue Screen Upon Wake from Sleep - Similar Threads - Freeze Blue Screen

2. PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep: My computer restarts when I wake it from sleep. I am confident this is not a hardware issue as everything works as it should on Linux. I disabled restart when there is an error, and when I wake it, the peripherals do not light up, or appear to connect at all. I already tried...
  3. PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep: My computer restarts when I wake it from sleep. I am confident this is not a hardware issue as everything works as it should on Linux. I disabled restart when there is an error, and when I wake it, the peripherals do not light up, or appear to connect at all. I already tried...
  4. blue screen after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue screen after waking from sleep: Hello, each time I try to wake my computer from sleep, I get a blue screen of death. The computer restarts and heads to the bios screen, in which I restore to default cause i have no idea what to do in bios and keep on, I dont know much about computers but I think I managed...
  5. blue screen after waking from sleep

blue screen after waking from sleep: Hello, each time I try to wake my computer from sleep, I get a blue screen of death. The computer restarts and heads to the bios screen, in which I restore to default cause i have no idea what to do in bios and keep on, I dont know much about computers but I think I managed...
  6. PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep: Unfortunately as of late I'm getting the "PFN_list_corrupt" error on almost every wake up from sleep. I had 2 external HDD's plugged in thinking maybe those were the issue, however it still persists when unplugged. I did a check on my main SSD with seemingly no issues, also...
  7. PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep

PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep: Unfortunately as of late I'm getting the "PFN_list_corrupt" error on almost every wake up from sleep. I had 2 external HDD's plugged in thinking maybe those were the issue, however it still persists when unplugged. I did a check on my main SSD with seemingly no issues, also...
  8. PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  9. Blue Screen After Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen After Waking From Sleep: Hello there, I have been plague with crashes after waking from sleep for a month. I hope you could provide me more insight what may be cause of it. I have searched the forum and mostly are mentioning to update my driver however I have checked Device Manager and determine the...
  10. BSOD upon waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD upon waking from sleep: Attachment 133661 A new laptop with Windows 10 freezing when waking from sleep. BSOD: irql not less or equal. Please help.. Thank you very much! 83616