Windows 10: Freeze then crash when playing games...

Discus and support Freeze then crash when playing games... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I've just built myself a new pc, but everytime i game, the game freezes then crashes (for the most part to desktop without an error, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EmilBay, Jun 12, 2019.

1. EmilBay Win User

Freeze then crash when playing games...

Hi!

I've just built myself a new pc, but everytime i game, the game freezes then crashes (for the most part to desktop without an error, but sometimes also dxgi-error and again with bsod).

Anthem - BF V - Metro Exodus - Total War Three Kingdoms

Most recently it just shut down the pc, luckily giving me access to some dump files.

I7 9700k watercooled

Aorus Z390 Master

MSI Gaming X trio 2080 ti

WD SN750 + Samsung Evo 970 Plus

4x8 gb Corsair Vengeance RGB pro ram

Hope someone can help!

Emil

:)

EmilBay, Jun 12, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 12, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Can't play Hit It Rich game and system freezes

Hi carmenstanley1,

Thank you for your response.

I can understand how frustrating it would be. This issue might be due to corrupted profile or if the game is not installed completely. I suggest you to follow these steps and let us know if it works.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried playing this game on other browser (Google chrome or Mozilla) and check for the issue?

Step 1: Uninstall or Repair the game.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Right click on the Hit it Rich app > Select Repair or uninstall it.
    4. Reinstall the application and check for the issue.

Step 2: Create a new local account.

The reason might be due to user account corruption, so I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account’
    and check if the issue persists.

Note: You will not see all your files under your default file location.
    So your data will be saved under C:\Users\User_name.

If you are facing issues with freezing, I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps on
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Freeze then crash when playing games... - Similar Threads - Freeze crash playing

2. Freezing Windows when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing Windows when playing games: my windows 11 keeps freezing constantly when playing games. I updated all graphic drivers, updated windows, checked discs for errors and even reinstalled windows. nothing seems to help. Strangely, the game i play is AoE2 definitive edition at medium/high settings through...
  3. Constant Freezing when Playing Games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant Freezing when Playing Games.: Everytime I play a game, it freezes constantly and ruins the whole gameplay. I don't know what to do about this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-freezing-when-playing-games/47f74eaf-a30a-4c3f-a907-ef6ad0630dc0
  4. computer freezes when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer freezes when playing games: i asked a question about two weeks ago and never got back a reply after the initial message, it said 1 G o over this checklist to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs get done:...
  5. pc freezing when playing games

pc freezing when playing games: hi i will need your help on what to do,whenever i play games like watch dogs2, gta 5 and sleeping dogs on my pc it keeps freezing and cracking. ive tried everything i could but the problem persit.what do i do?...
  6. Freezing the system when playing games

Freezing the system when playing games: Hello dear experts first of all, I am sorry that my English is not good. I have a desktop PC model ASUS ROG G20BM with the following specifications: OS: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit CPU: AMD FX-770K (Quad Core 3.50 GHz) VGA: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (The point...
  7. PC freezes and crashes/restarts when playing games and/or browsing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC freezes and crashes/restarts when playing games and/or browsing: Hi guys, I really need some help here. I have searched for days and tried every possible solution online and still nothing works. My PC is brand new, I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro and after installing the video drivers for my Nvidia 1080TI (doesn't matter...
  8. Freezing when playing games

Freezing when playing games: Hi there, in the last few days when playing games (BFBC2, BF3 and Sticky Bomb), my computer has been freezing at various points (sometimes within a minute, sometimes after 2 hours), and on reboot i get BSOD sometimes with different error messages such as...
  9. Random crashes/freezes when playing games

Random crashes/freezes when playing games: Hello, about a year ago i had problems on my PC where sometimes during playing games i would get a vertically black and white striped screen and the computer would restart (it happened when playing high requirement games mostly) . That has not happened in a long time but...
  10. Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games: I've been having this issue for nearly a year now (probably around 9 months). It started after my little sister made me get a virus by her trying to download something onto my laptop. I've since taken it to a reputable computer shop as well as followed instructions from other...