Windows 10: Freezes a few minutes after start up, any reason as to why?

Discus and support Freezes a few minutes after start up, any reason as to why? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Newly built pc about a month old, everything was running great till about a week ago. After logging in, it would do its normal thing and start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TreyQA, Dec 13, 2022.

1. TreyQA Win User

Freezes a few minutes after start up, any reason as to why?

Newly built pc about a month old, everything was running great till about a week ago. After logging in, it would do its normal thing and start everything up and get it ready about 3-5 minutes in it just freezes, unresponsive, screen is still on and pc fans are still running. Turned it off and turned it back on and did the same thing. If I were to turn it on and hurry and jump in a game it wouldn’t freeze till I quit the game. I’ve tried everything, checked my ram for any issues came back good, checked for viruses came back clean and clear. Gpu and cpu run as they should running anywhere from 3

:)

TreyQA, Dec 13, 2022

2. Start menu freezes for less then a minute

When I click on the start menu, the start menu freezes for less then a minute. This issue happens randomly. Only the start menu freezes not the computer. If any of the program is open on a different 2nd monitor I can use the program without any issue. I'm
    the only person in the organisation facing this weird issue. All the computer in the network is connected to proxy and AD.

I have already tried the following:

1. I had a look at the event viewer for the issue
    2. I ran "sfc /scannow"
    3. I have reset zone in Internet Explorer
    4. I used the computer without proxy
    The issue still exists. I can't afford to re-install Windows on my organisation laptop because we are just so busy with the projects with tight deadlines. Please anyone can help me out here.

Maxine Gonzales, Dec 13, 2022
  3. NcAdams Win User
    WIndows 10 periodic hardware/software freeze

TL;DR: Every few minutes my computer's filesystem freezes, then the keyboard/mouse a minute later, then the screen ~5s later. When I change the power source everything goes back to normal.

FULL STORY: I have a new Acer Nitro 515-53 running Windows 10. Soon after getting it I started having an issue where many different systems freeze one after another. It generally happens like this:

• Elements of the Windows stops responding. There is no response when I try to open Windows search, the start menu, apps from the taskbar, etc.
    • 30sec to several minutes afterward, the keyboard and mouse stop responding (but the screen still works).
    • 5-10sec after that, the screen freezes.

The weirdest part: This is all fixed immediately if I change the power source (EITHER unplug it OR plug it in). When the power changes, it's as though all the commands I entered during the freeze get entered at once -- the mouse scurries around the screen, Windows search opens and closes, all my key inputs suddenly get entered.

It's getting pretty unbearable because at its worst this happens about once a minute. However, it sometimes stops for hours or days. (For some reason it's never happened to me while gaming, in case that matters.) I can't for the life of me find anything similar online, so I'm looking for any next steps you suggest

NcAdams, Dec 13, 2022
  4. Freezes a few minutes after start up, any reason as to why?

wifi connection freezes the screen

Hello,

User profile corruption is one of the possible reasons why you are having system performance issues in Windows 10. To troubleshoot this problem with your computer suddenly freezes after browsing the internet for several minutes, we suggest that you create
    a new user account on your computer and see if the same issue will occur on a different user profile. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings
      > Accounts > Family & other people >Add someone else to this PC.
    • Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 13, 2022
Thema:

Freezes a few minutes after start up, any reason as to why?

1. Freezes a few minutes after start up, any reason as to why? - Similar Threads - Freezes few minutes

2. computer keeps freezing and buzzing a few minutes after i start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer keeps freezing and buzzing a few minutes after i start up: my pckeeps freezing and buzzing a few minutes after i start up. the screen gets horizontal black lines thatll flash on the screen then theyll disapear. all when thaty happens its unresponsive and doesnt let me do anything other than press the restart button on the actual pc....
  3. computer keeps freezing and buzzing a few minutes after i start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer keeps freezing and buzzing a few minutes after i start up: my pckeeps freezing and buzzing a few minutes after i start up. the screen gets horizontal black lines thatll flash on the screen then theyll disapear. all when thaty happens its unresponsive and doesnt let me do anything other than press the restart button on the actual pc....
  4. computer keeps freezing and buzzing a few minutes after i start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Freezes a few minutes after start up, any reason as to why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezes a few minutes after start up, any reason as to why?: Newly built pc about a month old, everything was running great till about a week ago. After logging in, it would do its normal thing and start everything up and get it ready about 3-5 minutes in it just freezes, unresponsive, screen is still on and pc fans are still running....
  6. BSOD a few minutes after start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD a few minutes after start up: My computer has a DPC Watchdog violation after a few min of start-up, but when I restart it's fine. Next time I start it would go into BSOD again and repeat. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MQXZQZhVteTSbYPQXF_Yuf43KNad9sjR?usp=sharing here is the minidump folder. I...
  7. BSOD a few minutes after start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD a few minutes after start up: My computer has a DPC Watchdog violation after a few min of start-up, but when I restart it's fine. Next time I start it would go into BSOD again and repeat. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MQXZQZhVteTSbYPQXF_Yuf43KNad9sjR?usp=sharing here is the minidump folder. I...
  8. BSOD a few minutes after start up

9. BSOD a few minutes after start up

BSOD a few minutes after start up: My computer has DPC Watchdog violation after a few min of start up, but when I restart its fine. Next time I start it would go into BSOD again and repeat. Please ask me if you need more info, and thank you....
  10. Windows freezes a few minutes after boot up

Windows freezes a few minutes after boot up: Hello everyone, I have an Asus Laptop GX 531 GX, with intel 8750h and rtx 2080 maxQ. A few days from now, my system started to jam like small screen freezes and sound buzzing noises, after 15-20 min after I boot up the computer. Or after suspending the computer. Unfortunatly...