Windows 10: freezes and stops for a short time off and on .

Discus and support freezes and stops for a short time off and on . in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; after starting notice my computer freezes sometimes and stops for a minute and does it off and on never done this before except last few days . I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RubyHubble1, Nov 13, 2018.

1. freezes and stops for a short time off and on .

after starting notice my computer freezes sometimes and stops for a minute and does it off and on never done this before except last few days . I am not sure but thought maybe it came from and update ? is it ok to delete updates from a few days back ? I ran a virus scan and nothing is showing a virus . I was thinking from a update? it may be the mirosoft edge how can I check?

:)

RubyHubble1, Nov 13, 2018

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Nov 13, 2018
  3. contant short freezes on tablet

Hi Nedim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are in a frustrating situation, because programs hangs and freezes on tablet.

I'd certainly help you, to resolve the issue.

Please answer the query, mentioned below, for a better understanding of your issue:

• Do you receive any error code or error message?
    • Have you made any changes to your system, prior to this issue?
    The first step is to identify the category of issue you are facing. We will define four categories of behavior for PCs that become unresponsive, as follows:

1. Hang: Your PC becomes unresponsive whenever you do a specific set of steps, and you must restart to recover the PC.

2. Random Hang: Your PC becomes unresponsive seemingly at random, and you must restart to recover the PC.

3. Generic Freeze: Your PC becomes unresponsive for a period of time, and then becomes usable again without taking any action. You don't need to restart your PC for it to be usable again. This behavior seems to affect all apps.

4. Single-app Freeze: Your PC exhibits the same behavior as a Generic Freeze, except that it only occurs when running a specific app, such as when playing a game or browsing websites.

For further assistance and more information, I would suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article and check, if it helps.

Windows hangs or freezes.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2681286

Note: applies to Windows 10.

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

freezes and stops for a short time off and on .

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

freezes and stops for a short time off and on .

1. freezes and stops for a short time off and on . - Similar Threads - freezes stops short

2. Gamebar stops recording Zoom after short time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gamebar stops recording Zoom after short time: I get only about minute recording. Why might this be happening? 183863
  3. Gamebar stops recording Zoom after short time

in Windows 10 Support
    Gamebar stops recording Zoom after short time: I get only about minute recording. Why might this be happening? 183863
  4. BSOD frequently in short time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD frequently in short time: DESKTOP-0P4AVPU-(2021-07-01_23-52-57).zip - Google Drive windows ver:20H2(19042.1052) the pc restart so many times in short time 181956
  5. Google Chrome notifications for Windows 10 work for short time and then stop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome notifications for Windows 10 work for short time and then stop: I'm using the latest builds of both Google Chrome and Windows 10 - both updated within the past week or so. Ever since, Chrome notifications - specifically, Checker Plus for Gmail and Google Hangouts - will work for a short time every day when I turn on my desktop via the...
  6. Constant random short freezes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Constant random short freezes: Hello. So, a few days ago I installed the Xbox app in my PC. I then started noticing Windows would freeze for a few seconds when performing tasks such as opening a new browser tab, saving a file, trying to write in a text box, etc. Watching a Youtube video would have the...
  7. short freezes, please help

short freezes, please help: Hi, when I click into like action centre and system, for example, I get very small brief full system lag/freezes which stops my mouse, sound, everything for that split couple seconds. It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen often. Anyone else experiences this and...
  8. Short freezes

Short freezes: Hi, when I click into like action centre and system, for example, I get very small brief full system lag/freezes which stops my mouse, sound, everything for that split couple seconds. It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen often. Anyone else experiences this and...
  9. Short freezes

Short freezes: Hi, when I click into like action center and system for example, I get very small brief full system lag/freezes which stops my mouse, sound, everything for that split couple seconds. It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen often. Anyone else experience this...
  10. Complete Freeze Short Time After Turning On Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Complete Freeze Short Time After Turning On Computer: After maybe 10 minutes, I get a complete freeze and I need to restart my computer. After many attempts of restarting, it usually works fine if it doesn't freeze in the first half an hour. I attached the log. I'd really need some help. Thank you! 19858

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 hangs for short periods of time

2. laptop freezes for short periods of time

3. windows 8.1 hangs for shorts time