Windows 10: Freezes / BSODs

Discus and support Freezes / BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've been getting a few freezes / BSODs lately, no pattern on what I'm doing when it happens. The computer I use has 2 boot drives, one being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RuiApóstolo, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Freezes / BSODs

Hi,

I've been getting a few freezes / BSODs lately, no pattern on what I'm doing when it happens.

The computer I use has 2 boot drives, one being the Windows 10 that crashes, the other an Ubuntu distro that I've run for weeks in a row with no crashes/issues.

Can I get some help finding out what's causing it?
    Here are the dumps, and the system info. Let me know if I missed anything.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag_IQ8GMN9kf4hBFnlh7EJU4XVQ2?e=CQdcZS

Cheers,

Rui

:)

RuiApóstolo, Jun 27, 2020
  2. NetSurfer Win User

BSOD and freezing

Yesterday I started up my laptop from hibernating and it freezes, after restarting several times I get a BSOD which freezed on the BSOD one time.
    After restarting again the laptop freezed at the Welcome screen.
    I have had the freezing before, it was gone for about 2 months.
    I did not install any new hardware.
    Now it seems to run fine again.

But what is causing the freezing and the BSOD?
    I bought this laptop last January.

NetSurfer, Jun 27, 2020
  3. airbud7 Win User
    New Homebuild freezing and BSOD

So you are saying a PSU can never cause a computer to Freeze/BSOD...???

airbud7, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Freezes / BSODs

New Homebuild freezing and BSOD

System:
    Corsair 400R Case
    Asus Maximus IV Extreme (Rev 3.0)
    Intel i7-2600K
    HIS IceQ X Turbo Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x 4GB) 1600 Memory
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0GB/s Hard Drive
    Corsair Professional series HX650 PSU
    Lite-On DVD Burner

Hi, I just built this PC last week and I am having issues with freezing and BSOD. This is the first system I have built in 8 years, but I have built 5 systems total. I have updated all drivers and BIOS. When I get the BSOD it doesn’t create a dump file, the BSOD freezes too. It freezes at random times, I can’t duplicate the exact instance. It will freeze while surfing the net, typing in MS Word, playing Skyrim (just once here). My temps while idle are between 32°C - 36°C for my CPU and 38° for the GPU. If I am running CIV3D or gaming the CPU runs no hotter than 55°C and the same for the GPU. I am using the stock heatsink and fan for the processor. The case I have has 2 120mm intake fans on the front and a 120mm exhaust on the rear. I have mounted a cheap 120mm exhaust fan on the top and I have ordered two 120mm fans, 1 to replace the cheap one as exhaust and 1 for the side of the case as an intake. I am also not overclocked. Please offer any suggestions! Thanks!

landon2455, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Freezes / BSODs

1. Freezes / BSODs - Similar Threads - Freezes BSODs

2. Cannot enable memory integrity - freeze and bsod after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable memory integrity - freeze and bsod after restart: Memory integrity setting is off and I can't leave it on without Windows crashing. If I turn it on, Windows asks to restart. When I restart, Windows freezes at the loading screen with spinning circle and after some time crashes with bsod and error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION....
  3. Cannot enable memory integrity - freeze and bsod after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable memory integrity - freeze and bsod after restart: Memory integrity setting is off and I can't leave it on without Windows crashing. If I turn it on, Windows asks to restart. When I restart, Windows freezes at the loading screen with spinning circle and after some time crashes with bsod and error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION....
  4. My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD: Below is what I get from the WhoCrashed app and the system info. I have made sure all the drivers are updated but that didn't help. Any help would be most appreciated.Crash dump file:C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041924-7984-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x9F0x3, 0xFFFF8E0225F2FD50,...
  5. My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD

My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD: Below is what I get from the WhoCrashed app and the system info. I have made sure all the drivers are updated but that didn't help. Any help would be most appreciated.Crash dump file:C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041924-7984-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x9F0x3, 0xFFFF8E0225F2FD50,...
  6. Freezes and BSoDs on Asus 556u Windows 10

Freezes and BSoDs on Asus 556u Windows 10: The laptop can work almost all day without crashes. But it often freezes or bluescreens every 5 min, 30 times daily. When the laptop freezes, the system freezes completely, with no response from the keyboard or mouth.I tried to diagnose problems with the Windows memory...
  7. Freezes and BSoDs on Asus 556u Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezes and BSoDs on Asus 556u Windows 10: The laptop can work almost all day without crashes. But it often freezes or bluescreens every 5 min, 30 times daily. When the laptop freezes, the system freezes completely, with no response from the keyboard or mouth.I tried to diagnose problems with the Windows memory...
  8. Freezes and BSoDs on Asus 556u Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Freeze + BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION due to Nvidia's nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freeze + BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION due to Nvidia's nvlddmkm.sys: Hi.There's a widespread issue with Windows 11 probably 10 as well and the Nvidia drivers, since some 6 months ago, give or take. I've been having BSOD on loop, unless I uninstall the recent drivers or revert to 528.24 and use the pc for basic tasks. The crash occurs mainly...
  10. Freeze + BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION due to Nvidia's nvlddmkm.sys

Freeze + BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION due to Nvidia's nvlddmkm.sys: Hi.There's a widespread issue with Windows 11 probably 10 as well and the Nvidia drivers, since some 6 months ago, give or take. I've been having BSOD on loop, unless I uninstall the recent drivers or revert to 528.24 and use the pc for basic tasks. The crash occurs mainly...