Windows 10: Freezes+frametime spikes in every game since 2 years, have tried every single common fix,...

Discus and support Freezes+frametime spikes in every game since 2 years, have tried every single common fix,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am experiencing stuttering / frame time spikes in every game I play. I have spent way too long trying to diagnose what could be causing them but to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Domme_Smd, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Domme_Smd Win User

Freezes+frametime spikes in every game since 2 years, have tried every single common fix,...

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]I am experiencing stuttering / frame time spikes in every game I play. I have spent way too long trying to diagnose what could be causing them but to no success. This same problem has been happening on my computer throughout the whole time that I upgraded hardware components and the issue is still occurring. PLEASE if you have any input/suggestions let me know because I am losing my mind over this issue.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]In every game I play there are frame time spikes which cause my fps to drop slightly. These spikes + small fps drops result in a very noticeable stutter. I have also tried pretty much everything, including but not limited to:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]
    • Upgrading important parts of my rig CPU, Mobo, Drives, Monitor
    • Updated Bios on old mobo and on new mobo
    • Disabled All In-Game Overlays
    • XMP On/Off - No difference
    • Turned on High Performance Power Plan in Windows
    • Turned on Prefer max performance in NVCP
    • Messed with every combination of Enabling/Disabling Gsync and Vsync - stutter still occurs in any configuration
    • Tried capping fps at lower values 240, 144, 120, 60 - stutter still occurs
    • Closed all unessessary background processes
    • Turned game settings all low - no effect
    • disconnecting the USB 3.0 front connector
    • Ran Memtest86 - no errors found
    • VSYNC and fps limiter posted in this thread
    • Disabled Game DVR with registry
    • Plugged PC into different wall outlet in case this is somehow a power issue. Had no effect.
    • Multiple different Nvidia drivers over the years
    • Countless BIOS settings but even this shouldn't change much because of the Mobo upgrade
    • Set GPU to Message Signaled Interrupts
    • Far too much other stuff I can't even recall
    [/COLOR]

Album of frametimes spikes without gameplay

LatencyMon Note: Today the ndis.sys seemed quite high but the last time I did this test there were NO errors found

------

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]Below I'm going to post the link to a random RivaTuner reading.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]This one wasn't that bad but there were still some times where I could definitely feel it happening Frametimes spiking from avg 3ms to 50ms.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]This is with the new rig. At first I thought the temps still seemed a bit high but according to AMD it's normal for the 5600X to go to 90°+ under load.[/COLOR]

Images

Video 1

Video 2

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]Old System:
    CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.7
    GPUs: RX580 then a GTX 1080 TI
    Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix B350f
    RAM: 2x16 G.Skill Ripjaws 3200 but only working at 1200 Tested for RAM issues with Windows built-in tool but it found no problems
    Windows 10 on an SSD, games on HDD[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]New System:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]CPU: Ryzen 5600X
    GPU: Watercooled GTX 1080 TI
    Mobo: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Elite
    RAM: 2x16 G.Skill Ripjaws 3200
    Windows 10 on an SSD, games on M.2 SSD[/COLOR]

:)

Domme_Smd, Mar 14, 2021
  2. Joseph421 Win User

How does one make an old version of Call of Duty 2 Game of the year addition single player to work?

I have an old version of Call of Duty 2 made around 2005-2006. It worked great before I upgraded to windows 10, but after installing Call of duty 2 game of the year addition the single player won't open at all. I tried running the single player in administrator
    mode and had it on compatibility mode ,but nothing worked. The game is disk based with 6 disks for the entire game. Any suggestions?

Joseph421, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Not BSOD but constant freezing with drive spiking at 100% usage

Background:
    For the past few weeks or so I was on W8.1 on my SSD and Arch Linux on my SSHD. However now when loading up Arch I get a { DRDY } error presumably on the SSHD, and W8.1 crashed very soon after logging in. I noticed that sometimes that the computer does not freeze until I open up a game (Total War 2). TW2 had been working fine previously. I would go ahead and reset/refresh my main W10 drive but I'm not sure if that's the issue. I have never gotten a BSOD just a freeze then sometimes black screen with a mouse.

What I've tried:
    • I consistently virus scanned with Malwarebyte's and Defender to find nothing.
    • I hoped upgrading to W10 would fix the issue, but it did not.
    • /sfc scannow
    • SMART check (no issues)
    • check Task Manager/used Proc Explorer (or variants) can not see cause of disk usage spike

What I believe could be the issue:
    • I want to say the drives are failing, but I'm honestly dumbfounded.
    • I've read it's possible to the SATA cables.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Tried creating another user account, and so far no issues with the new account. Also added some logs, if more are needed I can add them.

EDIT 2: TW2 crashed it again

partounian, Mar 14, 2021
  4. T G Wells Win User

Freezes+frametime spikes in every game since 2 years, have tried every single common fix,...

call of duty game of the year

I have call of duty game of the year on c/d. I can get the multiplayer to work on this windows 10 but not the single player. I have tried patches and updates.nothing works. I got other old games like halo, spiderman the movie game . Patched them and they work fine. Any suggestion ? Thanks

T G Wells, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Freezes+frametime spikes in every game since 2 years, have tried every single common fix,... - Similar Threads - Freezes+frametime spikes every

2. ping spike every second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ping spike every second: Yesterday i got the problem with the ping spike pls help me here some pinging:Reply from : bytes=32 time=396ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=1310ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64 Reply from bytes=32 time=1980ms TTL=64...
  3. ping spike every second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ping spike every second: Yesterday i got the problem with the ping spike pls help me here some pinging:Reply from : bytes=32 time=396ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=1310ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64 Reply from bytes=32 time=1980ms TTL=64...
  4. ping spike every second

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. PC GAMES FREEZE EVERY TIME

PC GAMES FREEZE EVERY TIME: Hello everyone, I have a PC that has been giving me problems with any game for several months. After a variable amount of time, ranging from 20 minutes to an hour of gameplay, the game freezes, and sometimes horrible glitches appear all over the screen unfortunately, I don't...
  6. PC GAMES FREEZE EVERY TIME

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC GAMES FREEZE EVERY TIME: Hello everyone, I have a PC that has been giving me problems with any game for several months. After a variable amount of time, ranging from 20 minutes to an hour of gameplay, the game freezes, and sometimes horrible glitches appear all over the screen unfortunately, I don't...
  7. lagg spikes in every game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lagg spikes in every game: hello,since i updated my pc to win 11 i experience waves of lagg in every game. i tried deleting files and programs, installed windows again but that didnt work. and watched a few tutorials but the lagg continued. my internet speed is around 200 up/download. i have a amd...
  8. lagg spikes in every game

lagg spikes in every game: hello,since i updated my pc to win 11 i experience waves of lagg in every game. i tried deleting files and programs, installed windows again but that didnt work. and watched a few tutorials but the lagg continued. my internet speed is around 200 up/download. i have a amd...
  9. How do I fix every game stuttering / frametime lags?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix every game stuttering / frametime lags?: GTX 1080Ryzen 260016gb 3200mhz ramGigabyte ga-a320m s2h motherboard120gb SSD Every game I play has random stuttering and inconsistent frametime. If I use MSI afterburner and turn the Frametime graph on, I assume it is suppose to be a totally solid line at 60fps, but on...
  10. FPS drops in every single game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS drops in every single game.: Once the bigger update came in May ( can't remember date ), i have experienced fps drops in every single game and i have spent so many hours trying to fix them. Ill list things i have tried below. For example in CS:GO i have usually around 250 FPS then it drops to 10-40 FPS....