Windows 10: Freezing 1 minute max after boot + restore while keeping Linux partition

Discus and support Freezing 1 minute max after boot + restore while keeping Linux partition in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows installation is freezing shortly after login. (Mouse doesn't move, have to do a hard shut-down.) This doesn't give me the time to do any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VinceDB, Jan 29, 2019.

1. VinceDB Win User

Freezing 1 minute max after boot + restore while keeping Linux partition

My Windows installation is freezing shortly after login. (Mouse doesn't move, have to do a hard shut-down.) This doesn't give me the time to do any troubleshooting. My Kubuntu installation, which I use for my professional activities, works correctly also under heavy load. The freezing just started out of nowhere after about 6 months of usage, during which I only used Steam.

In case I need to re-install Windows, how can I do this in the least obtrusive way? (e.g. keeping my Linux partitions fully intact.) Do I need to download an installation USB stick?

:)

VinceDB, Jan 29, 2019
  2. Dandel Win User

How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Wile E Win User
    How to go about building a tri-boot system?

Yeah, but he's throwing OS X in there. Not quite as easy to do, but not all that hard. Manual configuration of GRUB is necessary.

Wile E, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Freezing 1 minute max after boot + restore while keeping Linux partition

Freeze about 1 minute after boot

Hello,

My laptop runs fine in safe mode - W10/0/15063

When I boot in normal mode about 1 minute after booted the PC freezes - I have tried to restore/reset etc - I do not have - this is not possible.

I have run sfc/scannow - no errors

Help - where should I start

Thanks
    Tabitha Freezing 1 minute max after boot + restore while keeping Linux partition :)

tabitha007, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Freezing 1 minute max after boot + restore while keeping Linux partition

1. Freezing 1 minute max after boot + restore while keeping Linux partition - Similar Threads - Freezing minute max

2. Restoring Windows while Removing Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring Windows while Removing Linux: A few months ago a friend suggested I try Linux Mint on an older and spare laptop that was running sluggishly. After several months I've come to the conclusion that I prefer Windows. But, how do I restore Windows?The machine is an Acer Aspire 7745 that was originally running...
  3. Restoring Windows while Removing Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring Windows while Removing Linux: A few months ago a friend suggested I try Linux Mint on an older and spare laptop that was running sluggishly. After several months I've come to the conclusion that I prefer Windows. But, how do I restore Windows?The machine is an Acer Aspire 7745 that was originally running...
  4. Restoring Windows while Removing Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition: Ok so, I screwed up somethings and I am a by no means a pc expert so I need someone with more knowledge about this stuff. It happened when I deleted 2 partitions from my SSD where kali linux was located, which I dual booted with Windows 10. I deleted the partitions from a...
  6. Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition

Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition: Can you help me with my Windows 10 boot. I had a dual boot system with windows 10 and Ubuntu partitions. My computer was running extremely slow in windows so I deleted the Ubuntu partition. Unfortunately I can now no longer boot into anything as my computer diverts to Grub....
  7. Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute: I had updated windows 10 in November for the November update and since then, after 1 minute of inactivity the screen would turn off then when I do something it would just show up on the lock screen. These are the current settings for my power plan. How could I fix this? It is...
  8. Linux booting problem after creating another partition

Linux booting problem after creating another partition: I installed Windows 10 and after that I am unable to log-in to PeachOSI Linux. I had two partitions on a 350 GB HDD - 75 GB on which there is PeachOSI Linux and plenty of apps and rest space as Data partition. However I created another 75 GB partition to install Windows 10...
  9. laptop freezes about 1 minute after booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop freezes about 1 minute after booting: Hi, i have a samsung series 9 laptop and it has windows 10. I started getting this problem today. When i boot my laptop, i can log in and open browser and do all the usual things i can until about 1 minute after booting. It just freezes and i can't click or type anything....
  10. Freeze about 1 minute after boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze about 1 minute after boot: Hello, My laptop runs fine in safe mode - W10/0/15063 When I boot in normal mode about 1 minute after booted the PC freezes - I have tried to restore/reset etc - I do not have - this is not possible. I have run sfc/scannow - no errors Help - where should I start...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. linux fresh install computer freezes shortly after login