Windows 10: Freezing after AU with SSD and data on separate disk- MS investigating

Discus and support Freezing after AU with SSD and data on separate disk- MS investigating in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is the Windows 10 Anniversary Update freezing on you? Let us know... - Windows 10 News and Updates Have you had problems with your computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dalchina, Aug 14, 2016.

1. dalchina New Member

Freezing after AU with SSD and data on separate disk- MS investigating

Is the Windows 10 Anniversary Update freezing on you? Let us know... - Windows 10 News and Updates

Recommendation in article- roll back.

:)

dalchina, Aug 14, 2016
  2. 888jay Win User

Windows 10 may freeze after installing the Anniversary Update - Updated 8-31-16

Where did Microsoft say that?

This thread starts with :

"Microsoft has received a small number of reports of Windows 10 freezing after installing the Anniversary Update on systems with the operating system stored on a solid-state drive (SSD) and apps and data stored
    on a separate drive. This issue does not occur when starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode. "

The thread was meant to be specific to this issue. There are other reasons for the AU to fail which are addressed in other threads.

888jay, Aug 14, 2016
  3. Windows 10 freeze after installing the Anniversary Update and installing MS16-127: Security update for Adobe Flash Player

I do not have any app installed on a different disk!

Windows 10 is installed on a SSD disk.

After the installation of the Anniversary Update, I was unable to connect to all devices in my network. I had to reenter all the firewall rules.

And the system randomly freeze!

After some investigations and many freezes, I found that the system was freezing when start installing the Security update for Adobe Flash Player (12%).

Because there is no way to avoid this update,
    the only solution was to rolled back to the previous windows release.

GianandreaGattinoni, Aug 14, 2016
Thema:

Freezing after AU with SSD and data on separate disk- MS investigating

1. Freezing after AU with SSD and data on separate disk- MS investigating - Similar Threads - Freezing SSD data

2. SSD showing as 4 separate drives in disk manager.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD showing as 4 separate drives in disk manager.: I have recently bought a 8TB SSD, and it is showing up as 4 different drives in disk management. I have also unallocated all the storage in an attempt to reformat the drive to be one disk, but I am having trouble getting it to work....
  3. SSD showing as 4 separate drives in disk manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD showing as 4 separate drives in disk manager.: I have recently bought a 8TB SSD, and it is showing up as 4 different drives in disk management. I have also unallocated all the storage in an attempt to reformat the drive to be one disk, but I am having trouble getting it to work....
  4. SSD showing as 4 separate drives in disk manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Separate users on separate SSD's on the same computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Separate users on separate SSD's on the same computer.: To explain what I'm trying to do I need to explain why I'm doing it:On my PC I have a work user and a personal user, the work user is solely used for work I work from home and the personal user is everything else like gaming, messaging etc.I switch between these users quite...
  6. Separate users on separate SSD's on the same computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Separate users on separate SSD's on the same computer.: To explain what I'm trying to do I need to explain why I'm doing it:On my PC I have a work user and a personal user, the work user is solely used for work I work from home and the personal user is everything else like gaming, messaging etc.I switch between these users quite...
  7. Separate users on separate SSD's on the same computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to separate data?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to separate data?: Hi all On my pc i have a 240gb ssd and a 2tb sata and It really annoys me that all of my data is all shoved together. Is it possible to put ONLY my windows software on the ssd, create a partition on my sata for applications and another on the sata for everything else. While...
  9. Windows10 AU freezing advice

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows10 AU freezing advice: Hi all, Just some advice of my findings for the freezing issues. I had these issues since Anniversary Update, decided to reinstall last weekend. After this, it proceeded to do it again. My solution which has lasted 3 days so far (which is a record) is this: In the...
  10. Data on separate partition or drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data on separate partition or drive?: Wondering how Windows 10 deals with putting data on a separate partition or drive. Does it use the same general method as in Windows 7, where it re-maps (for example) "Documents" to a folder on a different letter drive path? So that C:\Users\{user}\Documents becomes...