Windows 10: Freezing after change HDD to SSD

Discus and support Freezing after change HDD to SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear Admin/Moderator My desktop is Lenovo Q190 with intel i3, 4GB RAM. I changed internal HDD with SSD (Hikvision SSD 120GB). I make 2 partitions :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BangImran, Sep 25, 2019.

1. BangImran Win User

Freezing after change HDD to SSD

Dear Admin/Moderator

My desktop is Lenovo Q190 with intel i3, 4GB RAM. I changed internal HDD with SSD (Hikvision SSD 120GB). I make 2 partitions : 1st. 93GB and 2nd.13GB. I Installed clean Windows 10 Pro ver.1093. It was running well for an hour, suddenly Freezing and change to be blue screen with some notifications that said Go to www.windows.com/stopcode.

PC tried to reboot, but my SSD not detected and then notification said: Error 1962 press any key........ I pressed any key but still Error 1962.

These were happened :

1. Pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del and PC tried reboot again, too bad still the same error, SSD not detected then error 1962

2. Pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del and PC tried reboot again and press F1 to log into boot menu, yeah I didn't see my SSD in boot menu. Exit

3. Pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del and PC tried reboot again then still error 1962

4. Pressed button power to OFF and stay for 10 seconds, then I pressed button power to ON suddenly my SSD detected and I saw it and my PC log in to Windows 10 Pro. It looked OK and I did many things with my PC, 2 hours played my PC suddenly freezing again. I did step 1 until 3 all the same trouble.

Only with step 4 my PC run well. But I still faced freezing until now.

It was happened since I change HDD with SSD, beside with my last internal HDD I didn't faced freez and error 1962. FYI, the only reason I change HDD (WD Blue 500GB) with SSD cause it very slow running.

Please help me, I did some troubleshooting which I got from blogs and websites but no solution.

(sorry with my bad conversation)

:)

BangImran, Sep 25, 2019

2. How to change a HDD being listed as SSD

Hi Peter,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you, as per your query.

Based on the description, please be informed that manually we cannot change the SSD to HDD. However, let’s try running hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    If the issue remain the same after hardware troubleshooting, I suggest you to go to BIOS and check what is HDD is listed on BIOS and let us know.

Hope the above information helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 25, 2019
  3. SSD stops and freezes laptop

Couple of updates:

1. I created a Linux boot USB key, and monitored my SSD under Linux, so this is evidently not a Windows issue, and
    2. I loaded new firmware for the SSD, and my system seems to be functioning normally now. What a pleasure using a PC that doesn't consistently freeze up.

Thanks to all y'all for your suggestions!

Regards,

Dave

DavidMiller36415, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Freezing after change HDD to SSD - Similar Threads - Freezing change HDD

2. Changing from hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing from hdd to ssd: I brought a laptop with preinstalled windows and it runs a hdd but i need to move the booting to ssd. How do i do that and will i lose my original windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-from-hdd-to-ssd/371aa436-0d29-4fad-bbcb-78e64651bdce
  3. Changing windows from hdd to ssd

Changing windows from hdd to ssd: So my computer is old and I have been upgrading it. Windows is on the first memory driver which is HDD but I have an SSD installed. I Want to change windows to the SSD. There are many different ways on the internet, but all of them use programs which I prefer not to. Can't I...
  4. needed to change hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Customization
    needed to change hdd to ssd: hi!! may i know which ssd hard disk is suitable for lenovo yoga 520 as when i transfer some file it is too slow already please give suggestion thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/needed-to-change-hdd-to-ssd/95a19438-5ab8-4ea4-be9c-80700a597c5d
  5. BIOS change required after HDD replace with SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS change required after HDD replace with SSD?: I am preparing to replace my HHD with an SSD. I will, at the recommendation of most here, not clone the drive but make an image with MR and then restore to the SSD. I will then replace my HHD with the SSD. As I will not be keeping the HHD installed, will there be any need to...
  6. freezing for second after change my ssd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    freezing for second after change my ssd: hello after i change my ssd to new one xpg sx6000 pro 512 gig some times my laptop freezing for a second and then everything runs good what am i should do that responding and never appear these that say not responding. my laptop model is asus pro n580vd cpu corei7...
  7. Changing to New System Reserved After Cloning HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing to New System Reserved After Cloning HDD to SSD: I used MiniTool Partition Wizard to clone an old HDD to an SSD. Both are plugged in via SATA. Everything seemed to go well, however, when I hit F12 and try to boot into the SSD, a "j" appears and nothing happens. After googling it, it seems that I need to use the diskpart...
  8. HDD to SSD change, Want to install Windows 10 in SSD

HDD to SSD change, Want to install Windows 10 in SSD: Hello There, I have purchased a laptop Model: 81DE(Lenovo Ideapad330-15IKB U) with preinstalled genuine windows in it activated by digital lisense. Now I have installed SSD drive and want to install Windows 10 into the SSD drive, How to install windows 10 into that drive??...
  9. Changing from HDD to SSD

Changing from HDD to SSD: I have installed an SSD drive to my desktop PC. I want this drive to be the boot up drive and have a clean copy of windows 10. What is the best way to go about this?...
  10. Changing a HDD To a SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing a HDD To a SSD: Good day to all. I have a windows 10 desktop with two drives installed the main C drive is a SSD which holds all my programs and of course the operating system. Second drive is a HDD which is F drive has all my documents pictures music and so on. Now I have a spare SSD that...