Windows 10: freezing after clean install

Discus and support freezing after clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I reset my computer/clean install (or thought I did lol) it ran all thru it but now it freezes during set-up. I am not very tech savy at all, so please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sharonhume1, Apr 3, 2019.

1. freezing after clean install

I reset my computer/clean install (or thought I did lol) it ran all thru it but now it freezes during set-up. I am not very tech savy at all, so please if you can help me.I dont know how to get to safe mode or anything. I am currently using a chromebook freezing after clean install :( I miss my windows 10. It is a hp laptop if that helps. please someone help me save my computer

:)

sharonhume1, Apr 3, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Apr 3, 2019
  3. wt_lesny Win User
    Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Apr 3, 2019
  4. freezing after clean install

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

freezing after clean install

1. freezing after clean install - Similar Threads - freezing clean install

2. Windows 10 keep freezing even after clean installation,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keep freezing even after clean installation,: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad E560 laptop with an Intel Core i7-6500 processor and 16GB of RAM. All I remember is that I attempted to install an AMD graphics driver along with an update. Following this, the laptop suddenly froze and now consistently freezes at the Windows logo...
  3. Windows 10 keep freezing even after clean installation,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keep freezing even after clean installation,: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad E560 laptop with an Intel Core i7-6500 processor and 16GB of RAM. All I remember is that I attempted to install an AMD graphics driver along with an update. Following this, the laptop suddenly froze and now consistently freezes at the Windows logo...
  4. Windows 10 keep freezing even after clean installation,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows freezing/becoming unresponsive too laggy after clean install

Windows freezing/becoming unresponsive too laggy after clean install: I was using windows 11 insider build. After that i clean installed windows 10 21H1 and the device has become too laggy and slow and unresponsive. Tried clean install many times but nothing worked.8GB Ram512GB SSD m.2Acer aspire 5s laptop....
  6. Lagging, Freezing after Windows 10 clean install

Lagging, Freezing after Windows 10 clean install: After an update, I suddenly wasn't able to boot up. After many tries, I made the media creation tool and reinstalled windows. Unfortunately, in doing that I lost the files that would allow me to bring computer back to factory settings, although the partition is still there....
  7. Windows 10 still freezing even after clean installation

Windows 10 still freezing even after clean installation: I have a Asus Vivobook X510UF laptop. I have below configurations - Windos 10 Home Single Language Version 1909, OS Build 18363.836 Core i5 8th Generation @1.6GHz 12 GB RAM 16 GB Optane Module 1 TB HDD The laptop was working fine, smooth, and fast until last month. It...
  8. Constant freezes after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Constant freezes after clean install: I had cause, recently, to do a clean install of my machine, something I do every couple of years or so. Normally I would install Windows 7 then upgrade to windows 10 and that has always worked fine for me, never a problem. However, when I came to do the same method this time,...
  9. Windows 10 freezing after clean install

Windows 10 freezing after clean install: Hi, my computer keeps freezing even after a clean install on a SSD drive, mainly while using the edge browser. I did a full reset and still it froze while watching Mission Impossible trailer. nb. I have no third party software installed. The system a simple standard...
  10. After a clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After a clean install: I'm planning on a clean install of Win 10 to a new SSD. There's good info on that process in the forum....but I can't find out how to handle the old C: drive when a new C: (SSD) appears. I understand that when installing I should unplug all the drives except the SSD and the...