Windows 10: Freezing after monitor goes to sleep windows 11.

Discus and support Freezing after monitor goes to sleep windows 11. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an issue with applications freezing when my monitor goes to sleep. Whenever I pull the monitor out of rest mode the running application returns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tommy Smith2, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Freezing after monitor goes to sleep windows 11.

I have an issue with applications freezing when my monitor goes to sleep. Whenever I pull the monitor out of rest mode the running application returns with a black screen and my mouse cursor has disappeared. If I am playing a game I can still hear the music as if the application is running but I cannot see it. on most occasions Alt tab does not work, and I cannot open ctrl alt delete. On the occasions they do my cursor is still absent and I cannot press anything. If I manage the close the active application using my keyboard the screen remains black, forcing me to shut down the computer and re

:)

Tommy Smith2, Mar 19, 2023

2. Monitor goes to sleep randomly with windows 10 upgrade

Hi Jaro,

Since you've tried the troubleshooting above, let's proceed to the next troubleshooting steps to further identify the issue. Kindly follow these steps:

Let us know the result.

Raymond Ave, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Anbu935 Win User
    Dual monitors not waking from sleep

Hi all,

I'm having issues where my monitors won't wake from sleep in a dual monitor setup. This only occurs after waking them from a sleep state, and they work fine when booting up my PC from scratch.

I have tested both monitors in a single monitor setup and the issue goes away completely as they wake from sleep just fine when only using a single monitor. This issue only seems to occur when using both monitors simultaneously.

I have tried the below steps to no avail to remedy the issue:

• Changed the DisplayPort cable
    • Uninstalled graphics drivers with DDU and reinstalled them again
    • Made sure Windows update was completely up-to-date, including any optional drivers
    • Made sure there were no unknown devices in Device Manager
    • Turned Link State Power Management under PCI Express in Power Plan settings to off
    • Completely formatted my PC and reinstalled Windows 11
    None of these steps have resolved the issue.

Any assistance provided will be much appreciated!

Anbu935, Mar 19, 2023
  4. Freezing after monitor goes to sleep windows 11.

Windows 11, some applications seem to crash after laptop goes to sleep

Hello,

Currently whenever I close my laptop lid for prolonged periods (so the laptop goes to sleep) there seems to be some apps that seem to crash. They disappear completely from my desktop, or have to be forced to stop in task manager in order to restart them.

These apps are namely:

• Spotify
    • Trello
    • Whatsapp for PC
    • WSL
    • EarTrumpet
    Wifi also seems to stop working after my laptop goes to sleep. I have to turn it off and on again to for it to work.

Steps taken to try fix issue:

• Restored to default power settings
    • Ran power options troubleshooter
    I am currently on the windows 11 insider program, in the Beta branch, and I am on the latest build at the moment

Any advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

22623.1037, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

Freezing after monitor goes to sleep windows 11.

1. Freezing after monitor goes to sleep windows 11. - Similar Threads - Freezing monitor goes

2. Freezing after monitor goes to sleep windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezing after monitor goes to sleep windows 11.: I have an issue with applications freezing when my monitor goes to sleep. Whenever I pull the monitor out of rest mode the running application returns with a black screen and my mouse cursor has disappeared. If I am playing a game I can still hear the music as if the...
  3. Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep: Hello, I'm having a problem with my external monitor. When the laptop is turned on and the HDMI cable for the monitor is plugged into the laptop, it works perfectly fine. Once my laptop goes to sleep, the monitor disconnects and will not reconnect to the laptop unless I...
  4. Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep: Hello, I'm having a problem with my external monitor. When the laptop is turned on and the HDMI cable for the monitor is plugged into the laptop, it works perfectly fine. Once my laptop goes to sleep, the monitor disconnects and will not reconnect to the laptop unless I...
  5. Monitor goes to sleep after playing 3d games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor goes to sleep after playing 3d games: When I play 3d games such as DOOM and Forza, after about 10 minutes my monitor will stop receiving a video input and go to sleep. This doesnt seem to be a problem with the monitor or hdmi cord, because i have replaced both of those. Some advice is needed, thanks!...
  6. Monitor goes to sleep

Monitor goes to sleep: Since I bought a omen 27i I've been having a little problem, when I open certain games such as Trove, Unturned, Muck and a lot more my monitor screen goes black and the monitor goes to sleep. When I press windows or esc or something to close or minimize the app the monitor...
  7. Windows 10 Laggy After Monitor Goes to Sleep

Windows 10 Laggy After Monitor Goes to Sleep: Hello, I have been having a problem for quite some time now. Some times I have noticed my PC randomly gets laggy after waking it from a sleep. I have the PC set to never go to sleep now and just the monitor to sleep. When I wake the display the mouse movement seems normal...
  8. MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP: While working on the computer, it suddenly shut down and went into sleep mode. I cannot "wake it" back up. I have checked all connections and tried to power down completely. when I attempt to wake it up manually, it does through its startup routine and then goes back to...
  9. monitor goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    monitor goes into sleep mode: If I'm starting up my PC from sleep mode, my monitor goes into sleep mode 5 - 10 seconds after it gets going. If I'm turning on my PC, this isn't an issue; it works fine. My graphics card is up to date. Help!...
  10. Monitor goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor goes to sleep: I have gone into settings and set Scree to Never and Sleep to Never, so why is it doing this? I have even gone to Balanced which is selected and that is never also. What part of don't switch of does windows not understand? 120663