Windows 10: Freezing after right click in desktop need help!! Major software or hardware problem!!...

Discus and support Freezing after right click in desktop need help!! Major software or hardware problem!!... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Will either; Freeze for 2-10 seconds just hit ctrl alt del sign out sign back in still does it no pop-up menu. Refresh the desktop really fast can do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChristopherPiasecki, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Freezing after right click in desktop need help!! Major software or hardware problem!!...

Will either; Freeze for 2-10 seconds just hit ctrl alt del sign out sign back in still does it no pop-up menu. Refresh the desktop really fast can do this repeatedly till either freeze or desktop refreshes no pop-up menu.Show menu immediately, slight chance of this happening. Major problem when trying to do things quick on laptop. Getting worse as time goes on may have to reset laptop eventually already tried that a few weeks ago to no avail. worked for a little bit then back to the freezing again. Maybe a hardware or software issue, I'm not sure....... I'm not really that tech savvy s

:)

ChristopherPiasecki, Feb 4, 2023
  2. whamy22 Win User

How to fix this Right Click Desktop freezing problem?

Right clicking on desktop will promt a .2 freeze before the context menu will show, If I have a running apps it will be affected also, just by right clicking on a desktop. Now I figured it out that if the GEForce experience is active, desktop right click freeze will not occur, so does the predator sense NVIDIA graphics is active, no freezing, tried playing games and I was right. No right click desktop freeze when nvidia graphics is active. Any solution to permanently fix my problem? thanks

whamy22, Feb 4, 2023
  3. NcAdams Win User
    WIndows 10 periodic hardware/software freeze

TL;DR: Every few minutes my computer's filesystem freezes, then the keyboard/mouse a minute later, then the screen ~5s later. When I change the power source everything goes back to normal.

FULL STORY: I have a new Acer Nitro 515-53 running Windows 10. Soon after getting it I started having an issue where many different systems freeze one after another. It generally happens like this:

• Elements of the Windows stops responding. There is no response when I try to open Windows search, the start menu, apps from the taskbar, etc.
    • 30sec to several minutes afterward, the keyboard and mouse stop responding (but the screen still works).
    • 5-10sec after that, the screen freezes.

The weirdest part: This is all fixed immediately if I change the power source (EITHER unplug it OR plug it in). When the power changes, it's as though all the commands I entered during the freeze get entered at once -- the mouse scurries around the screen, Windows search opens and closes, all my key inputs suddenly get entered.

It's getting pretty unbearable because at its worst this happens about once a minute. However, it sometimes stops for hours or days. (For some reason it's never happened to me while gaming, in case that matters.) I can't for the life of me find anything similar online, so I'm looking for any next steps you suggest

NcAdams, Feb 4, 2023
  4. Freezing after right click in desktop need help!! Major software or hardware problem!!...

How to fix this Right Click Desktop freezing problem?

Right clicking on desktop will promt a .2 freeze before the context menu will show, If I have a running apps it will be affected also, just by right clicking on a desktop. Now I figured it out that if the GEForce experience is active, desktop right click
    freeze will not occur, so does the predator sense NVIDIA graphics is active, no freezing, tried playing games and I was right. No right click desktop freeze when nvidia graphics is active. Any solution to permanently fix my problem? thanks

***Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate ***

JeffreyRivero, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

Freezing after right click in desktop need help!! Major software or hardware problem!!...

1. Freezing after right click in desktop need help!! Major software or hardware problem!!... - Similar Threads - Freezing right click

2. Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop: My pc was working normally after while i faced a problem, when i right click a program in the desktop the desktop will freeze, also i saw that programms that was installed on Hdd drive when i right click on them the context menu appear without any problem, but when i right...
  3. Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop: My pc was working normally after while i faced a problem, when i right click a program in the desktop the desktop will freeze, also i saw that programms that was installed on Hdd drive when i right click on them the context menu appear without any problem, but when i right...
  4. Freezing after right click in desktop need help!! Major software or hardware problem!!...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing after right click in desktop need help!! Major software or hardware problem!!...: Will either; Freeze for 2-10 seconds just hit ctrl alt del sign out sign back in still does it no pop-up menu. Refresh the desktop really fast can do this repeatedly till either freeze or desktop refreshes no pop-up menu.Show menu immediately, slight chance of this happening....
  5. Freezing after right click in desktop need help!! Major software or hardware problem!!...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing after right click in desktop need help!! Major software or hardware problem!!...: Will either; Freeze for 2-10 seconds just hit ctrl alt del sign out sign back in still does it no pop-up menu. Refresh the desktop really fast can do this repeatedly till either freeze or desktop refreshes no pop-up menu.Show menu immediately, slight chance of this happening....
  6. Problem with right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with right click on desktop: I have an issues on Windows 10 Desktop where when I right click , I get the circle for minutes, and then nothing happens. When I click on a file on desktop it works fine but it only hangs when I hit an empty space in the desktop and I can't figure out the reason. Anyone ever...
  7. mouse freeze right away after clicking on any software for a second !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse freeze right away after clicking on any software for a second !: hi i just bought acer predator helios 300 ,and just out of box i noticed an issue which is once i click on any software or icon , basically anything that need to be double click to open not link or inside an application or while working normally inside any software the mouse...
  8. My desktop freezes after I right click. Help please!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My desktop freezes after I right click. Help please!: So today I restored my pc to its factory settings and my pc has since been acting really weird. When I right click on my desktop, everything freezes. But here’s the weird thing I can still use the taskbar, for example on my taskbar I got google, and I’m able to open up google...
  9. When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.: Hi, i'm having a problem with my MSI Laptop, where I right click the desktop, then it will turn my cursor into the blue circle and try to boot up the screen the gives you all those settings. Then it will take around 2 minutes for that to actually show, but when I click it...
  10. How to fix this Right Click Desktop freezing problem?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to fix this Right Click Desktop freezing problem?: Right clicking on desktop will promt a .2 freeze before the context menu will show, If I have a running apps it will be affected also, just by right clicking on a desktop. Now I figured it out that if the GEForce experience is active, desktop right click freeze will not...