Windows 10: Freezing and start up issues.

Discus and support Freezing and start up issues. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So, a couple weeks back my laptop start acting up. I have plans to send it in to Acer but at this point I think the warranty might be voided and not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by John Snace, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Freezing and start up issues.

So, a couple weeks back my laptop start acting up. I have plans to send it in to Acer but at this point I think the warranty might be voided and not due to expiration. it started freezing and showing like colorful type lines across the screen at first, making me force shut down. this is when im playing Fortnite. so a lot of strain on graphics card. I've tried to troubleshoot. Hardware malfunction, updated all drives. but now, I noticed my windows update would say it was updating but never actually finished. forgetting the error code but right after that Windows Defender would try to update. but it seemed like they were "updating" every day. also just now getting caught up on Spectre and Meltdown. with that being said, I looked more into my event log. and just as of today, I have thousands of administrative, security, and system events all over. If anyone has any ideas or know about something i'm saying, it would be greatly appreciated if you shared. thank you.

:)

John Snace, Sep 22, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Windows Start issue

Try this:

Right click on your start menu, and click on System:

Freezing and start up issues. [​IMG]

When the system window comes up, click on Advanced System Settings:

There, click on Startup and Recovery:

Then in the top menu you will have a choice of OSs. Select the one you want to boot to defaultly and uncheck the box for "Time to display list of operating systems."

That should make it boot into Windows 10 without your intervention.

ArazelEternal, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Freezing and start up issues.

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Freezing and start up issues.

1. Freezing and start up issues. - Similar Threads - Freezing start issues

2. PC freeze in start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freeze in start up: I manage to turn on the computer I saw windows logo but before it goes to sign in page it will freeze. It happened before a long time ago and I dont know what my cousin did. He is not around and I need to boot my computer since I have lots to do....
  3. PC freeze in start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freeze in start up: I manage to turn on the computer I saw windows logo but before it goes to sign in page it will freeze. It happened before a long time ago and I dont know what my cousin did. He is not around and I need to boot my computer since I have lots to do....
  4. PC freeze in start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Freezes after start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezes after start-up: Can I reset Windows 10 without going through Windows?New computer, ~2 weeks old. Windows 10 programs have been freezing, happening with increasing frequency until now it freezes right after start-up. That is, it loads Windows, shows the home page with all my shortcut icons,...
  6. Freezes after start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezes after start-up: Can I reset Windows 10 without going through Windows?New computer, ~2 weeks old. Windows 10 programs have been freezing, happening with increasing frequency until now it freezes right after start-up. That is, it loads Windows, shows the home page with all my shortcut icons,...
  7. Freezes after start-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Freeze on start up (Desktop)

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze on start up (Desktop): As this is the second time it has happened - I would like some advise on the matter please. Thereafter I turn my PC on - I would say 5/10 seconds in on the desktop, the whole computer will lock. The keyboard is lighting up, as is the mouse, but they too are unresponsive This...
  9. Freezing on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Freezing on start up: My brand new laptop freezes at the screen before adding my pin code. The mouse moves around no problem but when I click it does nothing. Usually it should take me to the pin code entry option.So now I have to restart my Laptop just to get access to the pin code entry part....
  10. System freezes on start-up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System freezes on start-up: Hello Windows 10 forum experts, I'm an old buzzard (last year of the draft) and not very tech literate, sorry. I hope I'm doing this correctly. I recently did the free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my desk-top computer. Now, when I turn on my desk-top the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 issues with freezing